BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
Strasse Wheels
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-28-2008, 04:15 PM   #111
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzStriker View Post
How about a few "6MT Club" logo ideas we could all use as sigs???
i started working on those, looks i wont have the chance until the weekend to come up with something. disclaimer: i am definitely not an artiest, but can copy/paste shit for you guys to tell me how/what to modify
Cool, looking forward to see your ideas.

BTW: Adding the club logo to the sig would be a nice admission rule, too...


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #112
OzStriker
Captain
OzStriker's Avatar
Australia
23
Rep
923
Posts

 
Drives: Ford Falcon Ute, Ducati 1198S
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to OzStriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Adding the club logo to the sig would be a nice admission rule, too...
Great idea!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 06:20 PM   #113
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Cool, looking forward to see your ideas.

BTW: Adding the club logo to the sig would be a nice admission rule, too...


Best regards, south
me likey! i be making a smaller version of logo for peeps to paste on their siggy's.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #114
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
OK, another try:
Everybody who owns an E9x 6MT M3 can join the club by speaking out his wish to be initiated here, owning an 6MT M3 itself won't be enough.
Furthermore every member of the club who posts a pic of his/her shifter or third padel will become a 6MT Club Premium Member (this may satisfy E's desire for pics).
That's a good idea. So we'll have three groups:

1) Premium Club Members
2) Club Members
3) Eligible forum members
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #115
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
That's a good idea. So we'll have three groups:

1) Premium Club Members
2) Club Members
3) Eligible forum members
4) I don't care about anything in this world anymore
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 07:56 PM   #116
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

The real question is this: "Will the Premium Club Members earn points toward a free stay with each dollar spent?"
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2008, 08:45 PM   #117
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
4) I don't care about anything in this world anymore
sounds like someone missed a few hugs as a kid

jkjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
The real question is this: "Will the Premium Club Members earn points toward a free stay with each dollar spent?"
they get to make fun of the rest of the members??
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:02 AM   #118
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
4) I don't care about anything in this world anymore
What? You don't care, but you want the people to show pics? Please decide:
Can we commit the admission rules as L stated? Should adding a club logo to the sig be necessary?



Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #119
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Should adding a club logo to the sig be necessary?
I think the sig should be optional.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #120
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

can i join?
got pic of both shifter and 3rd pedal together. does that mean i get super-duper champion mega-premium club membership?

cheers
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:40 AM   #121
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
can i join?
got pic of both shifter and 3rd pedal together. does that mean i get super-duper champion mega-premium club membership?

cheers
You're in. Welcome.

BTW: What happened to your steering wheel?


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:42 AM   #122
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I think the sig should be optional.
Ok, so pic + sig = Platinum Member?


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #123
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
lol all i have right now and in front of me is a ssk lever. maybe i should post a pic of it for "temporary" membership? haha
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:11 PM   #124
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
You're in. Welcome.

BTW: What happened to your steering wheel?


Best regards, south
Honestly, didn't like the feel of the stock SW. It felt a little too fat and soft. and the nappa leather felt a little grimy in my sweaty hands and hot local weather (35 degrees celcius year round). The Nappa also stains quite easily. Road feel was an issue too cos of the thick padding.

Somehow, it just didn't feel right in my hands...

This SW is a custom job from a local guy. I also have a round Alcantara leather SW for track use - better grip, but worse for wear and tear.

cheers
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:15 PM   #125
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
lol all i have right now and in front of me is a ssk lever. maybe i should post a pic of it for "temporary" membership? haha
is the ssk lever meant for the e92 m3 or the 335? is there any difference? I'm dying to get my hands on a short shifter kit but can't seem to find any in my part of the world.

i tried my friends z4M's short shifter and it felt really good, nice feel and short throws. would like something like that.

thanks.

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:28 PM   #126
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
is the ssk lever meant for the e92 m3 or the 335? is there any difference? I'm dying to get my hands on a short shifter kit but can't seem to find any in my part of the world.

i tried my friends z4M's short shifter and it felt really good, nice feel and short throws. would like something like that.

thanks.

cheers.
it's made for 330i E90 (sedan). but people put it on E92 335's and 328's and worked just fine.

I bought it for a 335 but i want to try it anyway. if it doesnt work out i'll just use a short knob for the time being
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:36 PM   #127
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
it's made for 330i E90 (sedan). but people put it on E92 335's and 328's and worked just fine.

I bought it for a 335 but i want to try it anyway. if it doesnt work out i'll just use a short knob for the time being
cool.
I was told that the BMW Performance Parts (for the 1 and 3 series) Short Shifter Kit (with the Alcantara knob and boot) didn't fit the M3.

Would be great to know if you can get yours sorted. I too will be using a short knob for now.

Good luck on that...

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:42 PM   #128
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
Honestly, didn't like the feel of the stock SW. It felt a little too fat and soft. and the nappa leather felt a little grimy in my sweaty hands and hot local weather (35 degrees celcius year round). The Nappa also stains quite easily. Road feel was an issue too cos of the thick padding.

Somehow, it just didn't feel right in my hands...

This SW is a custom job from a local guy. I also have a round Alcantara leather SW for track use - better grip, but worse for wear and tear.

cheers
The alcantara wheel is really nice!



Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 12:56 PM   #129
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
The alcantara wheel is really nice!



Best regards, south
thanks... get your hint though... ha ha...

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #130
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
southlight's Avatar
609
Rep
6,748
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlms View Post
thanks... get your hint though... ha ha...

cheers.
LOL you caught me.


Best regards, south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #131
edlms
Private First Class
edlms's Avatar
3
Rep
149
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
LOL you caught me.


Best regards, south
lol... all i can say in my defence is that it feels good - better road feel and i don't have to coddle it as much as the lovely nappa leather.

ha ha...

cheers
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 01:10 PM   #132
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
u paid for it, you like it, that's all that matters bro

i like it, i think it's interesting
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
6 mt club, 6mt

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST