BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-04-2008, 10:32 PM   #1
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
JPH's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago


Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Fox Red + Sycamore Anthracite...Pics?

With some of the recent pics of the vert w/SA...I am second guessing my choice of SA with FR. My thought was the SA was more gray or close to black...should probably never believe the configurator and brochure sample pics. Does anyone have a good shot of the SA+FR interior? I have not seen any FR+SA pics in the various strings.

If it looks horrible, my plan is to paint in piano black or space gray (ext. color)...or get real CF replacement trim. SA+FR pics would be great if anyone has them.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #2
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
135

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR


Posts: 7,613
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
With some of the recent pics of the vert w/SA...I am second guessing my choice of SA with FR. My thought was the SA was more gray or close to black...should probably never believe the configurator and brochure sample pics. Does anyone have a good shot of the SA+FR interior? I have not seen any FR+SA pics in the various strings.

If it looks horrible, my plan is to paint in piano black or space gray (ext. color)...or get real CF replacement trim. SA+FR pics would be great if anyone has them.
From the photos in this thread - http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=115706&page=2 - it is very brown. Not feelin' it with Fox.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
JPH's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago


Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

^ you and me both...now status 150. I guess I shall see how it all plays out.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston


Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Wood in an M3 is like tits on a bull. I like your paint plan.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #5
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
JPH's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago


Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Wood in an M3 is like tits on a bull. I like your paint plan.
sycamore "brown" tits no less....ughh! what does a quart of BMW metallic paint cost?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston


Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Is your fox red extended? If so I'd do piano black personally. I had an 01 M3 with this trim. You've got enough going on in the interior with fox red and black I'm not sure I'd introduce space gray.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 10:58 PM   #7
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
JPH's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago


Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Is your fox red extended? If so I'd do piano black personally. I had an 01 M3 with this trim. You've got enough going on in the interior with fox red and black I'm not sure I'd introduce space gray.
Not extended but, I had the same thought. I think the FR and aluminum is too much and space gray might not be that different.

Thinking about flying to Munich and interupting production...inserting carbon leather on my own.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 11:04 PM   #8
ToddMcF2002
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: E46 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Boston


Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
Not extended but, I had the same thought. I think the FR and aluminum is too much and space gray might not be that different.

Thinking about flying to Munich and interupting production...inserting carbon leather on my own.
That's the combo I'm ordering. The CF leather is subtle but distinctive. I think Piano Black would achieve the same effect. Mine had metallic flecks in it, its not a pure black. Another option is mimicking titan shadow.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
59

 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY


Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

since you not going to get extended it'll look better then if you were since its not going to be so busy with 3 color changes of black dash, SA, then FR, it'll only be Blk top, SA, Blk bottom, don't kick yourself in the arse wait and see when you get it and if you really can't stand it then change it out.
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #10
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
JPH's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago


Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
since you not going to get extended it'll look better then if you were since its not going to be so busy with 3 color changes of black dash, SA, then FR, it'll only be Blk top, SA, Blk bottom, don't kick yourself in the arse wait and see when you get it and if you really can't stand it then change it out.
Good point. Since I have not seen either FR or SA in person, there is an ever so small chance that with the brown-ish tone of the FR and the brown-ish tone of the SA...it might work. Always changable if not. In the end, it will not affect the driving dynamics and that's the larger point. I doubt I will be focusing on the trim on the occassional track day.

Again: FR + SA PICS WOULD BE GREAT IF ANYONE HAS THEM.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #11
gasman
Member
15

 
gasman's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX


Posts: 505
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH View Post
Again: FR + SA PICS WOULD BE GREAT IF ANYONE HAS THEM.
Not that this really helps you but my car finishes production today. I'll have pics in about 4 weeks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
7

 
JPH's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago


Posts: 254
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Not that this really helps you but my car finishes production today. I'll have pics in about 4 weeks.
Me too! Production finishes this week (not sure of day), can both either be happy with or hate FR+SA. Thanks anyway, enjoy it when it arrives!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST