BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #1
///MArdor
Private First Class
 
///MArdor's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Dealer messed up allocation

My dealer messed up my allocation which was originally for March build and now he tells me May or later. I have had a 2k deposit down since last summer. I have been very skeptical and now I have been screwed. I want the coupe so bad and now a couple more months or more? I need to find another dealer (in state or out of state).
///MArdor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2008, 06:25 PM   #2
M2381
Major
 
M2381's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3, GTI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: FL

Posts: 1,287
iTrader: (0)

sorry to hear that
M2381 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #3
Mack211
Lieutenant
 
Mack211's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 - DCT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Fort Collins, CO

Posts: 493
iTrader: (0)

Who's your dealer?
__________________
2008 M3 Space Gray, Black, Syc Ant Wood Trim, DCT
2001 325ci Steel Gray - Sold
Mack211 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2008, 06:38 PM   #4
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
that's terrible. threaten, do you have a lawyer? not that there's anything he can do, but just to make a fuss. or go to another deal which is what i would do

sorry man, that's terrible
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
rick berry
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2012 M3 DCT CP/ 2014 750li
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: marshall texas

Posts: 222
iTrader: (0)

I also have an order out of a Dallas dealer. April build. Which dealer?
rick berry is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
eclipsisNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,932
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
that's terrible. threaten, do you have a lawyer? not that there's anything he can do, but just to make a fuss. or go to another deal which is what i would do

sorry man, that's terrible
Are you kidding me? It's BMWNA's fault for giving dealers excess allocations that they eventually withdrew from the dealers. The salesman isn't at fault here.
eclipsisNA is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2008, 07:04 PM   #7
///MArdor
Private First Class
 
///MArdor's Avatar
 
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas

Posts: 147
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack211 View Post
Who's your dealer?
I went out of state. I don't know of any allocations around Dallas. I talked to Moritz and they are telling me maybe a May build. Still in same boat. I would be willing to go with any (MSRP) dealer in the US who can get me a March or April build allocation.
///MArdor is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Are you kidding me? It's BMWNA's fault for giving dealers excess allocations that they eventually withdrew from the dealers. The salesman isn't at fault here.
no. im not kidding you. i just didnt know
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #9
timsev
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Are you kidding me? It's BMWNA's fault for giving dealers excess allocations that they eventually withdrew from the dealers. The salesman isn't at fault here.
thank you. at least someone understands me.
timsev is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
timsev
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MArdor View Post
I went out of state. I don't know of any allocations around Dallas. I talked to Moritz and they are telling me maybe a May build. Still in same boat. I would be willing to go with any (MSRP) dealer in the US who can get me a March or April build allocation.
PM sent
timsev is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #11
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timsev View Post
thank you. at least someone understands me.
Yes, that is true. However, they weren't excess allocations. Newbold had those sold.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2008, 12:42 PM   #12
the_stranger
Captain
 
the_stranger's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lafayette, IN

Posts: 927
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MArdor View Post
My dealer messed up my allocation which was originally for March build and now he tells me May or later. I have had a 2k deposit down since last summer. I have been very skeptical and now I have been screwed. I want the coupe so bad and now a couple more months or more? I need to find another dealer (in state or out of state).
I am very sorry for you dude
__________________

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
the_stranger is offline   India
0
Reply With Quote
      02-22-2008, 02:33 PM   #13
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,525
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
That sucks man, try to get your deposit back and find a new dealer.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST