BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
E92-lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
What is TeleServices???

I got a confirmation from my CA with list of all options I orderd like this:

M3 Coupe
Alpine white
Fox Red Novillo Leather
Carbon Leather
Technology Pkg.
Premium Pkg.
Heated Front Seats
Park Distance Control
BMW TeleServices
Steering TeleServices
iPod/USB Adapter

What the heck is BMW TeleServices, and Steering TeleServices????

please reply asap, i have to confirm so we go forward. thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 11:29 PM   #2
lsu4m3
New Member
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: 1997 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MS

iTrader: (0)

I think the 'teleservices' refers to the part of 'BMW Assist' that will transmit, to your BMW service dept., your car's operating status and specific service requirements you car will need before you bring it in. Supposed to save time once you get there.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
okay, just wanted to make sure! thanks man
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
schnell325
Bored at work....
schnell325's Avatar
Canada
43
Rep
3,875
Posts

 
Drives: '08 M3,'11 335xi
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC

iTrader: (5)

Sounds logical to me too.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 01:17 AM   #5
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i guess what threw me off is why she'd list them as options, they are included in premium package. also, why both BMW TeleServices and "steering" TeleServices. that's what confused me!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 01:22 AM   #6
mdrobc13
Lieutenant Colonel
mdrobc13's Avatar
United_States
42
Rep
1,622
Posts

 
Drives: Made in Bavaria
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On a base somewhere near or afar!

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantis View Post
i guess what threw me off is why she'd list them as options, they are included in premium package. also, why both BMW TeleServices and "steering" TeleServices. that's what confused me!
Steering teleservice=BMW will be able to remotely take over the car (when signaled) and turn on DSC if you get yourself in trouble with the car outside of the realm of the performance envelope!

The Ultimate Big Brother watching over you!
__________________
'14 F06 650xi Gran Coupe (Carbon Black)- Mine #1
'10 e70 X5M (Sapphire Black Mettalic) - Mine #2
'12 F10 550i (Dinan modded) - Gone
'10 e71 X6 35iDrive SAV (Space Gray) - Gone
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 10:30 AM   #7
Epacy
Reincarnated
Epacy's Avatar
88
Rep
4,227
Posts

 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Did you ask your dealer?
Seems that would have been the quickest.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
apw2607
Major
44
Rep
1,428
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

iTrader: (0)

TeleService (Service Request) keeps you in the driver's seat, by transmitting your status and service needs to your BMW center automatically, or manually upon your request. Your BMW service advisor will call you to schedule a convenient service appointment. This exclusive feature allows your service department to have any needed parts ready, saving you time. It also reduces the chance of a breakdown later- adding to your peace of mind.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...gryGAh2k5KxQ==
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2008, 01:09 PM   #9
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
555
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
Steering teleservice=BMW will be able to remotely take over the car (when signaled) and turn on DSC if you get yourself in trouble with the car outside of the realm of the performance envelope!

The Ultimate Big Brother watching over you!
oh yah i completely forgot about that!!!! thanks meng!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Did you ask your dealer?
Seems that would have been the quickest.
it was at night, i didnt want to wait for her reply. i want her to go forward with the order with no waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
TeleService (Service Request) keeps you in the driver's seat, by transmitting your status and service needs to your BMW center automatically, or manually upon your request. Your BMW service advisor will call you to schedule a convenient service appointment. This exclusive feature allows your service department to have any needed parts ready, saving you time. It also reduces the chance of a breakdown later- adding to your peace of mind.

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...gryGAh2k5KxQ==
thanks man!!!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST