BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-21-2008, 05:11 PM   #397
rich662
Major
 
rich662's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine White
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Richmond, BC

Posts: 1,031
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
We took our custom SS X-pipe and cat-delete pipes off the car. Do you want it
Yeah Nate, why did you guys take it off? I'm thinking about doing this mod too. How does it compare with just the race exhaust? If still available, pm me the price for those pipes.
__________________
2008 E92 M3 AW/GP Thunder / Eisenmann Race/CF Grills/H&R Sport/AA SSK/ACS CF Roof Spoiler/VRS Bootlid/BBS LM-DBK 20" Champion Edition

FS: DPE LS-5 (for sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171839)
rich662 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #398
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich662 View Post
Yeah Nate, why did you guys take it off? I'm thinking about doing this mod too. How does it compare with just the race exhaust? If still available, pm me the price for those pipes.
There is too much modification needed to fit the SS X-pipe. I highly recommend waiting for the Active Autowerke high flow pipes and x-pipe. It's 100% bolt-on.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2008, 06:35 PM   #399
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

New shipment coming in Monday! Eisenmann added a few extra systems for the E90 and E92/93. Please contact me for more info
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #400
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
I guess mine is there too

Nate a few questions,

1. Does Eisenmann still use the same clamps ? last time they were not holding very good and were leaking on both sides on my 335, so I had to weld it.
2. If i'll decide to weld it and later on add VRS diffuser, do I need to readjust mufflers so you can still see the tips ?
3. Do you guys still have those straight pipes for sale ?

Thanks.
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #401
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
I guess mine is there too

Nate a few questions,

1. Does Eisenmann still use the same clamps ? last time they were not holding very good and were leaking on both sides on my 335, so I had to weld it.
2. If i'll decide to weld it and later on add VRS diffuser, do I need to readjust mufflers so you can still see the tips ?
3. Do you guys still have those straight pipes for sale ?

Thanks.
Sorry for the late reply,

1. Eisenmann uses clamps for the M3 system. We have installed about 11-12 systems in house and have not had any problems with leaking. I don't recommend welding because Eisenmann will be releasing connecting pipes in Feb 09.

2. The system will need to be adjusted after installing the VRS rear diffuser. Your installer will need to push it out a half inch.

3. We recommend the new AA pipes.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2008, 12:08 PM   #402
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Sorry for the late reply,

1. Eisenmann uses clamps for the M3 system. We have installed about 11-12 systems in house and have not had any problems with leaking. I don't recommend welding because Eisenmann will be releasing connecting pipes in Feb 09.

2. The system will need to be adjusted after installing the VRS rear diffuser. Your installer will need to push it out a half inch.

3. We recommend the new AA pipes.
So should I go with new AA pipes or wait for Eisenmann connecting pipes? Do you know if the new AA pipes will work with Eisenmann system?
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #403
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
So should I go with new AA pipes or wait for Eisenmann connecting pipes? Do you know if the new AA pipes will work with Eisenmann system?
The Eisenmann connecting pipes will bolt up directly to the AA mid pipes making it a full system from the headers back. I can't wait to hear this setup.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #404
cipher5
 
cipher5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 2,796
iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
The Eisenmann connecting pipes will bolt up directly to the AA mid pipes making it a full system from the headers back. I can't wait to put this setup on cipher5's car.
Fixed.
cipher5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2008, 11:03 AM   #405
Reincarnated
Private First Class
 
Reincarnated's Avatar
 
Drives: new
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: STL

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Yeah, big bummer about the exhaust hanging down. One part of changing it is getting away from the hangdown.
Reincarnated is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2008, 11:11 AM   #406
doba_s
Major General
 
doba_s's Avatar
 
Drives: M3, 1M
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Francisco

Posts: 6,101
iTrader: (26)

Send a message via Skype™ to doba_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
The Eisenmann connecting pipes will bolt up directly to the AA mid pipes making it a full system from the headers back. I can't wait to hear this setup.
so, when are you guys planing to put it on your project car ? i am about to order aa pipes but afraid it will be too loud with ER
doba_s is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-10-2008, 04:37 PM   #407
yoko
New Member
 
Drives: 2107 Alpine White
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Russia SAMARA

Posts: 5
iTrader: (0)

What you think about or Eisenmann Race performance with HAMANN SPORT HIGH-PERFORMANCE CATALYSTS?
yoko is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2008, 08:21 PM   #408
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
What you think about or Eisenmann Race performance with HAMANN SPORT HIGH-PERFORMANCE CATALYSTS?
It will sound very aggressive but I recommend the Active Autowerke pipes with Race cats and the Eisenmann Race Performance. We will have videos once the pipes are released
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #409
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
It will sound very aggressive but I recommend the Active Autowerke pipes with Race cats and the Eisenmann Race Performance. We will have videos once the pipes are released
Why AA over Haman? AA still never got back with any CFM comparisons between OEM cats and their new race cats. Do you have any info on that?
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #410
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Why AA over Haman? AA still never got back with any CFM comparisons between OEM cats and their new race cats. Do you have any info on that?
I believe Hammann's pipes are made by Supersprint. AA might not have got back to you because they were still testing the new cat pipes. I will find out more info and let you know I'm sure they use a 200 cell cat.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #411
J08M3
Major General
 
J08M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NEW YORK

Posts: 6,012
iTrader: (8)

Cool Nate, thanks.

What's the issue with Hammann being made by Supersprint? I used to have a set of Supersprint mufflers, I didn't like the sound but the quality seemed top notch. Sorry to post of topic.

Also curious if using AA high flow cats and Eisenmann sport how much the sound level will increase. I'm not looking to add X-pipe or do away with resonators, just change the cats.
__________________
J08M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-15-2008, 08:46 AM   #412
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Cool Nate, thanks.

What's the issue with Hammann being made by Supersprint? I used to have a set of Supersprint mufflers, I didn't like the sound but the quality seemed top notch. Sorry to post of topic.

Also curious if using AA high flow cats and Eisenmann sport how much the sound level will increase. I'm not looking to add X-pipe or do away with resonators, just change the cats.
Thanks for the reply.

Nothing wrong with supersprint at all. In fact they make some of the best systems. The problem with buying a Hammann SS part is the markup. It's much more cost efficient to buy the Supersprint pipes. It's the same with Remus/ACS.
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-17-2008, 07:02 PM   #413
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Update

We just got back from Eisenmann Germany IND factory tour 2008. Full story coming soon....

__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #414
monsta
Brigadier General
 
monsta's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bergen County, NJ/Y.O, NY

Posts: 3,591
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
We just got back from Eisenmann Germany IND factory tour 2008. Full story coming soon....

looking forward to the read....

I'm really trying to fight the urge of giving you a call and giving you my CC# for an "item" in this thread
__________________

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
monsta is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #415
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
looking forward to the read....

I'm really trying to fight the urge of giving you a call and giving you my CC# for an "item" in this thread
I'm here is you need an "item"
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #416
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

One more photo of Eisenmann E90/92/93 M3 LeMans tip heaven

__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-18-2008, 02:51 PM   #417
MrHarris
yodog
 
MrHarris's Avatar
 
Drives: '86 Corolla
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, Ca

Posts: 5,037
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2009 BMW  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to MrHarris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
One more photo of Eisenmann E90/92/93 M3 LeMans tip heaven

Beautiful.
__________________

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
MrHarris is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2008, 09:58 AM   #418
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

 
Nate@IND's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago

Posts: 10,342
iTrader: (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
Beautiful.
Thanks!

IND Distribution visiting Eisenmann Facility
http://www.bmwblog.com/2008/12/19/in...mann-facility/
__________________
Nate@IND is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST