BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-08-2008, 02:48 PM   #23
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
I'd do it and resell it.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2008, 03:02 PM   #24
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

hell no
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #25
m0n0x!de
Private First Class
 
m0n0x!de's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 E46 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Paris, France

Posts: 101
iTrader: (0)

U are comparing a Bimmer to a Toyota! R u mad???
__________________
Apple's market share is bigger than BMW's or Mercedes's or Porsche's in the automotive market. What's wrong with being BMW or Mercedes?
Join us: http://www.autofriendship.com
m0n0x!de is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2008, 04:20 PM   #26
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0n0x!de View Post
U are comparing a Bimmer to a Toyota! R u mad???
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2008, 04:32 PM   #27
EJ2000
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 G37
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLY_YARLY View Post
more like GTR,NSX, and supra. RX7 is ehh...

S2K is border line

G37...350z = LOL

again this is MY opinion not anyone else's so don't get get your panties in a bunch. no one needs to agree.
True, not everyone needs to agree but that is quite the ignorant statement.

only mpg? The 350z is a better sports car than the 335i... Without the G/Z pushing BMW, it's likely that the car you are driving wouldn't even exist.
EJ2000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2008, 04:39 PM   #28
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ2000 View Post
True, not everyone needs to agree but that is quite the ignorant statement.

only mpg? The 350z is a better sports car than the 335i... Without the G/Z pushing BMW, it's likely that the car you are driving wouldn't even exist.
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2008, 04:42 PM   #29
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
nope.
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 12:58 AM   #30
stooken
Brigadier General
 
Drives: E92 BSM 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NOR*CAL

Posts: 4,250
iTrader: (2)

i probably wouldnt even trade my 328 for it
__________________
2010 E92 BSM 335i | M-Sport | ST Coils | Linea Corse Lemans | Cobb AP | BMS DCI | Cyba Tips
stooken is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 01:15 AM   #31
md80tom
Private
 
Drives: 2006 AW 330i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland

Posts: 98
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
i probably wouldnt even trade my 328 for it
Why is the IS-F getting so much hate if you guys aren't looking at the specs of things and really just the looks. I think the looks are aggressive and with that blue, pretty as well. Just, the non functional quad exhausts, I can do without.
md80tom is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 01:18 AM   #32
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Modding = Ricer

end of story................whether you like it or not
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 01:51 AM   #33
Chris.G
Banned
 
Chris.G's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

Posts: 3,122
iTrader: (0)

HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris.G is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 04:36 AM   #34
jasonn
JDM Slut
 
jasonn's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: CA

Posts: 4,233
iTrader: (12)

Garage List
yeah.
__________________

2013 991 (mod diary)
2007 335i (sold)
2004 745i (sold)
jasonn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 11:04 AM   #35
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
 
OverDrive's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,328
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ2000 View Post
True, not everyone needs to agree but that is quite the ignorant statement.

only mpg? The 350z is a better sports car than the 335i... Without the G/Z pushing BMW, it's likely that the car you are driving wouldn't even exist.
have you driven both one after another? i guess not, because all i'm taking from your post is fanboy talk.
________
TRX250R
________
GIRLFRIEND PICTURES
________
Lovely Wendie
________
Jailbroken

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:10 PM.
OverDrive is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 12:33 PM   #36
EJ2000
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 G37
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: WI

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
have you driven both one after another? i guess not, because all i'm taking from your post is fanboy talk.
I've driven a 5AT non-revup 350Z, a 2006 6MT Z, a 2007 6MT Z, a 5AT G35, had a 2006 6MT G35, currently have a 6MT G37....

I've driven a e90 335i and e92 335i, both 6AT and 6MT. I've driven a 328i, 325, and other bimmers but those I just mentioned seem to be the relevant ones.

The 07 350Z is just as fast as the 335i. It's suspension is much better tuned to autocross and appeared as though it would handle high speed tracks better as well. Being just as fast, having a better track suspension and an LSD - why yes, on paper as well as when I drove it, the 350Z was the better sports car.

As for the other comment - In my opinion, the 335i has a great balance between power and handling. The 325 and 328 (especially the 325), much less so. It was surprising that BMW would create and ultimately obselete the 330i so fast. What brought them to put a much more powerful engine in the 3er so soon? It makes sense to me that both the G and the 335i have pushed each other in different ways. The G37 isn't much faster than the G35, but it is immensely more refined and is a better car than the G35 in several ways. Seems like both BMW and Infiniti tried to correct their weaknesses against their rival.

Both of those points may be opinions, but they seem pretty reasonable to me. I find it interesting that of all the posts in here, you would call mine out as a fanboy, but not someone who posts that the only thing Japanese cars do well is mpg...
EJ2000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 02:33 PM   #37
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,242
iTrader: (0)

No. Hell no.

My reason is because:

1) It looks like a dolphin from the front
2) It looks like a retarded rice car from the rear
3) It looks even ricier when viewed from the side
4) It's a one-trick pony
5) The interior is equally gotty
6) Fake exhaust equals lose
7) I don't like it. I just don't

If I bought it I'd resell it and get something better.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #38
ScBlacksunshine
YUGO is my dream car
 
ScBlacksunshine's Avatar
 
Drives: Bayerische Motoren Werke
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: LBC

Posts: 1,516
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ScBlacksunshine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
No. Hell no.

My reason is because:

1) It looks like a dolphin from the front
2) It looks like a retarded rice car from the rear
3) It looks even ricier when viewed from the side
4) It's a one-trick pony
5) The interior is equally gotty
6) Fake exhaust equals lose
7) I don't like it. I just don't

If I bought it I'd resell it and get something better.
hmm, with a screename like yours..why am I not surprised?
__________________
ScBlacksunshine is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 03:16 PM   #39
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
 
TheAcAvenger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 757, VA

Posts: 3,088
iTrader: (1)

My problem is that the IS feels a tad too small inside for me and doesn't have sporty details. The interior reminds me too often that i'm in a luxury car. I have no major problem with the IS. If the 3-er didnt have the N54 I would've gotten an IS350 or a Nismo Z.
__________________
2007 E92 335i - TC Kline DA Coilovers, HPA M3 Suspension Retrofit, Quaife LSD, Stoptech 6/4 BBK, Volk TE-37s, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Forge DVs, Stett OC, RB Turbos, Procede V5, PWM Meth, Helix IC, EAS DCI, Rixster VEI, M-Tech Sides, OEM Aero Lip, Rieger Spoiler, Vorsteiner V-35 Hood, Performance Steering Wheel, Anthracite Headliner, OSS Headlights
TheAcAvenger is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 03:39 PM   #40
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,242
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScBlacksunshine View Post
hmm, with a screename like yours..why am I not surprised?
Wow, if you looked at even a few of my past posts, you'd realize that I'm probably one of the least fanboyish guys. I've had to state that so many times that I don't even care anymore. Ask any of the guys that frequent the "general car discussion" section.

You don't know me, so don't make assumptions.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 04:41 PM   #41
Krueger///M3
Major
 
Krueger///M3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pearl District, OR

Posts: 1,401
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The exhaust is fugly enough to say...Hell No!
I agree, the exhaust tips aren't actually connected to the exhaust, they're actually part of the rear fascia.
Krueger///M3 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 07:27 PM   #42
RenaultOne
First Lieutenant
 
RenaultOne's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E90 328i Jet Black
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: LA / University of California, Berkeley.

Posts: 303
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtiTom View Post
Why is the IS-F getting so much hate if you guys aren't looking at the specs of things and really just the looks. I think the looks are aggressive and with that blue, pretty as well. Just, the non functional quad exhausts, I can do without.
+1
__________________
RenaultOne is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #43
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
 
ChaneRZ's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: California

Posts: 2,504
iTrader: (0)

It's So Fugly
__________________

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
ChaneRZ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #44
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
 
OverDrive's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 1,328
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ2000 View Post
I've driven a 5AT non-revup 350Z, a 2006 6MT Z, a 2007 6MT Z, a 5AT G35, had a 2006 6MT G35, currently have a 6MT G37....

I've driven a e90 335i and e92 335i, both 6AT and 6MT. I've driven a 328i, 325, and other bimmers but those I just mentioned seem to be the relevant ones.

The 07 350Z is just as fast as the 335i. It's suspension is much better tuned to autocross and appeared as though it would handle high speed tracks better as well. Being just as fast, having a better track suspension and an LSD - why yes, on paper as well as when I drove it, the 350Z was the better sports car.

As for the other comment - In my opinion, the 335i has a great balance between power and handling. The 325 and 328 (especially the 325), much less so. It was surprising that BMW would create and ultimately obselete the 330i so fast. What brought them to put a much more powerful engine in the 3er so soon? It makes sense to me that both the G and the 335i have pushed each other in different ways. The G37 isn't much faster than the G35, but it is immensely more refined and is a better car than the G35 in several ways. Seems like both BMW and Infiniti tried to correct their weaknesses against their rival.

Both of those points may be opinions, but they seem pretty reasonable to me. I find it interesting that of all the posts in here, you would call mine out as a fanboy, but not someone who posts that the only thing Japanese cars do well is mpg...
Well in my opinion I don't think that a 350z can outrun a 335i around a track, but I'd love to see these two go head to head to see what the outcome will be.

And I didn't mean to single you out, its just that you own a G37 and you're in a BMW forum trying to say that 335i isn't as fast as the 350z.

Also, I agree with the other members who said that Japanese cars are only good for MPG. They are all headed into that direction with their hybrid technology and small cars. But, in the other hand, the German automobiles have been always into the performance and luxury business with their car products, specially BMW (even Jeremy said this when they test drove the E92 M3 vs C63 AMG vs RS4)
________
India
________
Vaporizer
________
LAMBORGHINI ESPADA
________
Fix Ps3

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:11 PM.
OverDrive is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST