BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #1
Davo2003
Captain
 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Angry CRAPOLA anyone else lose their quoted production week yet?

I was just told BMW has requested sales reps no longer quote production weeks because their is ALOT of shuffling going on. I also received confirmation of the 19" wheel shortage/outage. BMW moved my production from second week Feb to third week March!!
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Davo2003 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Apparently my quoted production week was pulled back as well.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #3
Davo2003
Captain
 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Apparently my quoted production week was pulled back as well.
Cool, at least I am in good company! Thought it was just me! Time for a drink DAmmitttt
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Davo2003 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 08:45 AM   #4
gasman
Member
 
gasman's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 505
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
I was just told BMW has requested sales reps no longer quote production weeks because their is ALOT of shuffling going on. I also received confirmation of the 19" wheel shortage/outage. BMW moved my production from second week Feb to third week March!!
Ouch...guess that means my week 10 production is going to get pushed back. I assume you already had a production number and are status 112?
__________________
gasman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 09:08 AM   #5
Patricius
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 04 325xi, 05 M3 cpe, 08 M3 cpe
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Posts: 532
iTrader: (0)

Haha not yet! I was quoted a week 10 build based on a #2 allotment at the dealer I ordered from. Hopefully this doesn't change.
Patricius is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 09:14 AM   #6
rvacha
Captain
 
rvacha's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cleveland, OH

Posts: 745
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Mine went into production right on time (after two pull-ins). But I have neither M-DCT or 19". I'm guessing I was a beneficiary of the shuffling
__________________

'03 X5 4.4i Blue/Tan
'06 E90 330Xi 6MT Sparkling Graphite/Terra
'08 E92 M3 6MT Jerez/Speed Cloth <-- Evil Twin
rvacha is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 11:05 AM   #7
Jinxter
Lieutenant
 
Jinxter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Walnut Creek, California

Posts: 490
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvacha View Post
Mine went into production right on time (after two pull-ins). But I have neither M-DCT or 19". I'm guessing I was a beneficiary of the shuffling
Ditto, same goes for me.
__________________
Jinxter is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #8
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,534
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxter View Post
Ditto, same goes for me.
Mine made it to 150 before the 19" shortage issue, luckily. Sorry for those held up!
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 11:50 AM   #9
apw2607
Major
 
Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Posts: 1,422
iTrader: (0)

I've being moved from week 10 to 11. M-DCT and 19"
apw2607 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #10
gasman
Member
 
gasman's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 505
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
I've being moved from week 10 to 11. M-DCT and 19"
Is this from BMW NA or your dealer? Are you status 112?
__________________
gasman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,527
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
I wonder if i will be pushed back. My order went in 1/31 and was a week 11 build.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 01:36 PM   #12
JoB01
Private First Class
 
JoB01's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OR

Posts: 115
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
I'm surprised they are so short on the 19's... hope they get the problem resolved!
JoB01 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #13
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
 
Drives: m
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

Awww hell,

Now I won't be able to sleep because this will be on my mind until I talk with my CA Friday. Man, I can't afford a slip in production.
SMSgt B is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 08:15 PM   #14
runutzzzzz
Private
 
Drives: 07 M5
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: VA

Posts: 93
iTrader: (0)

This sucks... I'm considering canceling my order with all these restraints and pushbacks.
runutzzzzz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 08:16 PM   #15
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
I wonder if i will be pushed back. My order went in 1/31 and was a week 11 build.
I think you'll be fine. My order went 111 on 1/28 and projected production is mid-March as of today according to the dealer's system.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #16
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
 
Drives: m
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 450
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I think you'll be fine. My order went 111 on 1/28 and projected production is mid-March as of today according to the dealer's system.
Thanks, that gives me hope. I went 111 on 1/25 and I will check my status later today or Friday.
SMSgt B is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #17
Davo2003
Captain
 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

I got a follow-up message today. I am now back up to week 8 production, that's in two weeks. Sounds as if it may stick, but there was one note...IF the 19" wheel shortage crps up for week 8 production can cause problems. I also decided to go with MDCT if I can get it in week 8, man, I'm gettting restless, I want to be in the driver's seat yesterday!!

OT - I talked to a BMW dealer in central Cali yesterday while visiting family. They claimed Los Angeles dealers were getting anywhere from 7K-25K over MSRP, but they would sell to me for 5K over. Then they dropped to 2.5K over...of course I was just testing the market here. Anyone hear of 25K over sticker?? Sounded crazy to me, but maybe someone had to be first?
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Davo2003 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 08:39 AM   #18
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Davo, did you have a production number before they pulled your date back?
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #19
apw2607
Major
 
Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Posts: 1,422
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
Is this from BMW NA or your dealer? Are you status 112?
Both dealer and BMW NA customer service. Its still at 111, and its only a estimated date. Nothing definite or locked in.
apw2607 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #20
mdrobc13
Lieutenant Colonel
 
mdrobc13's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 BMW 550i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: On a base somewhere near or afar!

Posts: 1,502
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 BMW 550i  [5.00]
Send a message via MSN to mdrobc13 Send a message via Yahoo to mdrobc13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
I got a follow-up message today. I am now back up to week 8 production, that's in two weeks. Sounds as if it may stick, but there was one note...IF the 19" wheel shortage crps up for week 8 production can cause problems. I also decided to go with MDCT if I can get it in week 8, man, I'm gettting restless, I want to be in the driver's seat yesterday!!

OT - I talked to a BMW dealer in central Cali yesterday while visiting family. They claimed Los Angeles dealers were getting anywhere from 7K-25K over MSRP, but they would sell to me for 5K over. Then they dropped to 2.5K over...of course I was just testing the market here. Anyone hear of 25K over sticker?? Sounded crazy to me, but maybe someone had to be first?
That is insane! $25k over MSRP...it's just a car. Shyt you could feed a few nations with that much extra cash. Anyone paying that..deserves to be ripped off...I mean that is just FLAGRANT robbery...its a virtual car-jacking for christs sake. And for a dealer to even ask that let alone get it...I am at a loss for words on that one! Yet yes I do realize that some will ask and get it! What did they say..."a fool and his $$$....u know the rest!"
__________________
'12 F10 550i (Dinan Stage 5, LSD, Intercoolers, CF Intake/Brace, Shockware, Springs, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, CF front/rear difuser, Giovanni Graphite 20" wheels)
'10 e71 X6 35iDrive SAV (Space Gray) - Gone
'06 e85 Z4 M Roadster (Black Metallic) -Gone
'08 e92 M3 coupe (Sparkling Graphite) -Gone
mdrobc13 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #21
Davo2003
Captain
 
Davo2003's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 652
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
That is insane! $25k over MSRP...it's just a car. Shyt you could feed a few nations with that much extra cash. Anyone paying that..deserves to be ripped off...I mean that is just FLAGRANT robbery...its a virtual car-jacking for christs sake. And for a dealer to even ask that let alone get it...I am at a loss for words on that one! Yet yes I do realize that some will ask and get it! What did they say..."a fool and his $$$....u know the rest!"
Hey E, yes, I had a prod number. Also heard MDCT may push me back again but I decided to try it, I don't think I will be sorry once I get used to it although I have always preferred and loved MT's. Hope I don't regret it!

As far as 25K over, what you have to remember is, 25K is like $1 to many people, they just have money like water. So, to be guaranteed the first M3 in LA for example, plenty will pay the premium. It's nothing to many people.
__________________
Crying is for babies, little girls, men who have just had their ears ripped off, and men who have toasted MDCT's due to service errors.
Davo2003 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 09:34 PM   #22
badfish
Major
 
badfish's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 AW M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,035
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
That is insane! $25k over MSRP...it's just a car. Shyt you could feed a few nations with that much extra cash. Anyone paying that..deserves to be ripped off...I mean that is just FLAGRANT robbery...its a virtual car-jacking for christs sake. And for a dealer to even ask that let alone get it...I am at a loss for words on that one! Yet yes I do realize that some will ask and get it! What did they say..."a fool and his $$$....u know the rest!"
Here is an e-mail straight from Irvine BMW about ordering an M3.

Quote:
We do not have a waitlist…we have plenty available for order.



March Production, May delivery, $20k over MSRP dealer markup.



We look forward to earning your business in the near future. Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
badfish is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST