BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-05-2008, 11:19 AM   #1
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
The_Blob's Avatar
54
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Who do you endorse for the next President?

I don't endorse anyone not because I'm Canadian because I think no one is qualified to be President.

Last edited by The_Blob; 02-21-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 11:52 AM   #2
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
41
Rep
1,638
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
My choices for the different parties - Clinton and McCain.
Last I checked Canadians can't vote in the US.
__________________
_____________________________________
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
554
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
i dont care as long as no mccain, no clinton
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
The_Blob's Avatar
54
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

I'm just saying that Clinton and McCain seem to be the most competent and qualified to be the next President. I'm only voicing my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 03:17 PM   #5
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

I honestly don't like any of them.

I look at the choices and think, geez, this is pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #6
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
41
Rep
1,638
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
I honestly don't like any of them.

I look at the choices and think, geez, this is pathetic.
What we have NOW is pathetic. Thankfully our long national nightmare is almost over.

Any one of the current condenders on both sides would be an improvement. Except maybe Huckabee Nice enough guy but the last thing we need in the white house is a religious zelot.
__________________
_____________________________________
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
554
Rep
46,037
Posts

 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
I wish John Edwards didnt step down.

im hoping Hilary with her husband or with obama as VP's
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pineville, LA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
Huckabee
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,973
Posts

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944 View Post
Huckabee
scary...again...
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
The_Blob's Avatar
54
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

John Edwards seemsto be the nicest and the most down to earth of the bunch, but he doesn't have enough years of politics to back him up.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 11:09 PM   #11
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
41
Rep
1,638
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
John Edwards seemsto be the nicest and the most down to earth of the bunch, but he doesn't have enough years of politics to back him up.
He's also out of the race which makes it a moot point anyway.

Interesting you are so interested in US politics. What do you think of your current prime minister? Do you support him or no?
__________________
_____________________________________
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2008, 11:21 PM   #12
BKsBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
BKsBimmer's Avatar
41
Rep
1,638
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 330xi Titanium Silver
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: USA / Silver Spring, Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [5.00]
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944 View Post
Huckabee
Why am I not surprised. The fundamentalist's choice
__________________
_____________________________________
330xi/TiAg/Black/Alum/6sp/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/CA/CW/PDC/Sirius Satellite Radio/OEM Spoiler/Blacklines/19" Axis Hiro Hyper Silver/Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance all season F 235/35/19 R 265/30/19/10mm spacers F/15mm spacers R/M3 front bumber/M-tech rear bumper
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 01:58 AM   #13
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
The_Blob's Avatar
54
Rep
290
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Stephen Harper is the current Prime Minister of Canada who is in the Conservative party. I think he's doing a very good job. He was much better than Paul Martin and Jean Chretien. I always voted Democrat, but for the next federal election, I will probably vote for Conservative.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #14
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKsBimmer View Post
What we have NOW is pathetic. Thankfully our long national nightmare is almost over.

Any one of the current condenders on both sides would be an improvement. Except maybe Huckabee Nice enough guy but the last thing we need in the white house is a religious zelot.
I won't argue regarding the current administration. He has his own agenda, and it is not in alignment with the majority of the U.S. population.

I'd vote for whoever is for the least amount of gov't intrusion in my life. I do like Huckabee's idea to abolish the whole idiotic tax code. Don't really know enough about his other stances.

Like I said before none of them get me too excited.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #15
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,517
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
I honestly don't like any of them.

I look at the choices and think, geez, this is pathetic.
Talking about Pathetic and insult to injuring Thank to George W Bush. FOr making us in debt and the world hating us.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 02:25 PM   #16
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
31
Rep
1,517
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH32335i View Post
I won't argue regarding the current administration. He has his own agenda, and it is not in alignment with the majority of the U.S. population.

I'd vote for whoever is for the least amount of gov't intrusion in my life. I do like Huckabee's idea to abolish the whole idiotic tax code. Don't really know enough about his other stances.

Like I said before none of them get me too excited.
Huckabee's idea to abolish the whole idiotic tax code

are you kidding me.. dude who will going fix our road and fwy. who going issue us when we are 70 years on SSI? you got to be kidding me right? I rather have High on Sale Tax and have Health INsurance for all of US who are america.

If you have money to buy stuffs, you have the money pay high tax.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
HEY32G
Captain
HEY32G's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
605
Posts

 
Drives: Currently Z4MR Shopping
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Huckabee's idea to abolish the whole idiotic tax code

are you kidding me.. dude who will going fix our road and fwy. who going issue us when we are 70 years on SSI? you got to be kidding me right? I rather have High on Sale Tax and have Health INsurance for all of US who are america.

If you have money to buy stuffs, you have the money pay high tax.

I won't argue with you that GW has given us a huge debt. Don't forget the dollar is crap. I for one don't think it's an accident.

Do you really think social security will be there for you when you're ready to retire? Do away with that too. I guarantee you I can invest my money better than the gov't. Yeah, our roads are in such great shape right now. You want the govt to be in charge of your health care? Talk to some Canadians about that.

Like I said before I want the gov't to get out of my life. I'm sick of paying out the ass every April 15th, while a bunch of slackers and foreign governments get my money.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 09:42 PM   #18
scottwww
Brigadier General
scottwww's Avatar
United_States
166
Rep
4,759
Posts

 
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Some suggest that a vote for Barak Obama is a vote for John McCain in November.

With his utter lack of executive experience and nearly no experience as a U.S. Senator, wouldn't Senator Obama pale on the stage when debating Senator John McCain?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 10:08 PM   #19
e90im
Brigadier General
e90im's Avatar
United_States
120
Rep
3,117
Posts

 
Drives: f30
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944 View Post
Huckabee
Who would have thunk it?
__________________
'13 f30 328i | P7ACA | S563A | S4DLA | Jet Black |

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 06:12 PM   #20
Carolyn0944
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
169
Posts

 
Drives: 08 335i cv blk sapph/saddle
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pineville, LA

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Carolyn0944
I may be a fundamentalist but if and when I need a moral president to do what is right for the country & our people; I'll take my chances on a Christian man or woman anytime; while Bill & Hillary profess to be followers of Christ, nothing in their everyday life expresses it, & I can't say that looking at Obama's background & church website, that America is his best interest, let alone he was brought up all his young life as a Muslim, hmmmmmmm; wake up America, where is our loyalty to the writers of our constitution & those that built our country on desiring freedom of religion; In God We Trust; everyone wants to take what made America strong & delete it from our government.
Would you rather have one of the far eastern countries fighting on your soil rather than theirs? Can you imagine some of our major cities looking like Baghdad or Kobul? Our children dying in the streets, your women raped, mistreated; everyone complains about our soldiers in Iraq but the majority of them tell us they are glad they are there and are making a difference; my comunity is pro military; we have the training facility Ft Polk and Camp Beauregard here and played a major role in WWII; noone likes war but I'd rather have it somewhere else than at home and it will be here in our laps just like 911 if we don't stand up for something...gotten off thread so will stop taking up for my "fundamentalism"
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 06:15 PM   #21
dr335is
Brigadier General
54
Rep
4,973
Posts

 
Drives: GTI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn0944 View Post
I may be a fundamentalist but if and when I need a moral president to do what is right for the country & our people; I'll take my chances on a Christian man or woman anytime; while Bill & Hillary profess to be followers of Christ, nothing in their everyday life expresses it, & I can't say that looking at Obama's background & church website, that America is his best interest, let alone he was brought up all his young life as a Muslim, hmmmmmmm; wake up America, where is our loyalty to the writers of our constitution & those that built our country on desiring freedom of religion; In God We Trust; everyone wants to take what made America strong & delete it from our government.
Would you rather have one of the far eastern countries fighting on your soil rather than theirs? Can you imagine some of our major cities looking like Baghdad or Kobul? Our children dying in the streets, your women raped, mistreated; everyone complains about our soldiers in Iraq but the majority of them tell us they are glad they are there and are making a difference; my comunity is pro military; we have the training facility Ft Polk and Camp Beauregard here and played a major role in WWII; noone likes war but I'd rather have it somewhere else than at home and it will be here in our laps just like 911 if we don't stand up for something...gotten off thread so will stop taking up for my "fundamentalism"
what is Kobul?
What is moral in what Bush did in last 8 years -- got richer while bankrupted the country, killed thousands innocent in Iraq...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #22
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
478
Rep
5,352
Posts

 
Drives: *
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
what is Kobul?
What is moral in what Bush did in last 8 years -- got richer while bankrupted the country, killed thousands innocent in Iraq...
Not just the innocent Iraqi's, but his own American troops. Blair, just as equal a warcriminal, has blood on his hands too. Even his own British troops.
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST