BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
devo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Posts: 1,942
iTrader: (0)

150 Status: Are production data reliable?

My 6SPEED M just went to status 150 today. I changed the interior trim to 4MY Carbon Leather, from the aluminum trim, which I believe is the Premium Package default.

Anyway, I made the change on Saturday. Today, Monday, my dealer said that my car moved to 150. The order reads: Your vehicle modification enquiry has been accepted. The option code has also been changed to reflect my request.

Although it appears that the change has been (obviously) accepted, is it possible that it still may not go through? I only ask because I thought I had read that someone had a similar situation, except that their car came in without the correction indicated.

If there is a possibility of this, does the regional rep have any influence on changes at this point, if acted on immediately?
devo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
gasman
Member
 
gasman's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

Posts: 505
iTrader: (0)

Sorry, you are too late! jk

Congrats on the status 150!! I hope to go 112 soon. I'm sure that if the change is reflected in the system, you should be ok. Can never hurt to call BMW NA though!!
__________________
gasman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Congrats Devo. What is your interior color? Would it look bad with Aluminum?

I have no suggestions other than to say find the phone number of the floor manager at the factory, find a German speaking friend if you don't, and call them at 3:00 am EST!
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
eclipsisNA
Colonel
 
eclipsisNA's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,913
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [3.88]
If they say the change was accepted, it'll go through. Also, if it reads out on your order review, everything you see there will be on your car when you pick it up.

Last edited by eclipsisNA; 02-04-2008 at 03:33 PM.
eclipsisNA is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
devo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Posts: 1,942
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Congrats Devo. What is your interior color? Would it look bad with Aluminum?

I have no suggestions other than to say find the phone number of the floor manager at the factory, find a German speaking friend if you don't, and call them at 3:00 am EST!
Black interior. It looks good with aluminum, but my 335 has the same interior. It's bad enough that I'll have two Space Grey 3 series cars. Kidding aside, I think that the cf leather will add a slightly more menacing touch. At least I hope so.

I'm still trying to find the floor manager and a translator, just in case!

Last edited by devo; 02-04-2008 at 05:49 PM.
devo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Black interior. It looks good with aluminum, but my 335 has the same interior. It's bad enough that I'll have two Space Grey 3 series cars. Kidding aside, I think that the cf leather will add a slightly more menacing touch. At least I hope so.

I'm still trying to find the floor manager and a translator, just in case!
Honestly, aluminum would look better with black leather than CF IMHO, but CF would look good, too, if you want a dark look. Yeah, you really like space gray, ha!
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 12:01 AM   #7
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
 
FifthStreetz's Avatar
 
Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

Posts: 15,481
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Congrats on making it to 150! I agree with the alum. trim.
__________________
FifthStreetz is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 12:12 AM   #8
nechronics
Lieutenant
 
nechronics's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: south tampa

Posts: 438
iTrader: (0)

Would have to agree on aluminum...I don't think there's anything wrong with having it identical to your 3 and probably wouldn't justify changing trim just to say they're "a little" different
nechronics is offline   Syria
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #9
devo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Posts: 1,942
iTrader: (0)

I think that CFL will look great. (Obviously, I ordered it.) As much as I like the alum. trim, I do think that it's too bright.
devo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #10
26.2
Private
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Carolina

Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I think that CFL will look great. (Obviously, I ordered it.) As much as I like the alum. trim, I do think that it's too bright.
I agree with you. The CFL will look great and more menacing than aluminum. It blends nicely.
26.2 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #11
domer86
Trouble Maker
 
domer86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 M3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

As far as your order went. How long did your production stay at the 112 status before it went into 150? Thanks

Andrew
domer86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 04:36 PM   #12
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,263
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer86 View Post
As far as your order went. How long did your production stay at the 112 status before it went into 150? Thanks
3 weeks for me.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2008 M3 Coupe - Alpine/Fox Red/Carbon
2015 M4 coupe on order
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #13
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
3 weeks for me.
So was it like 5 weeks from 111 to 150 for you?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 06:47 PM   #14
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
 
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

Posts: 7,263
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
So was it like 5 weeks from 111 to 150 for you?
Yes.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2008 M3 Coupe - Alpine/Fox Red/Carbon
2015 M4 coupe on order
GregW / Oregon is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 06:50 PM   #15
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Yes.
OK thanks. So if we factor in a 1 week build and a 4 week delivery time, we are looking at 10 weeks from 111 to delivery. Wow, more than I thought. I most likely will not see my car until the beginning of April.

I need to get this car off my mind and stop posting here or something, or the 9 more weeks of waiting like this will surely drive me crazy.
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #16
apw2607
Major
 
Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

Posts: 1,411
iTrader: (0)

When I did the BMW M3 driving experience thing in Germany the interior on the test cars was extended black leather with the carbon trim. It was a really nice combo ... so thats the one I decided to go with.

I've had the aluminium trim on my E46 M3 now for 3 1/2 years ... so i'm ready for a change !!
apw2607 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 07:57 PM   #17
devo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Posts: 1,942
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer86 View Post
As far as your order went. How long did your production stay at the 112 status before it went into 150? Thanks

Andrew
I am not sure, but I would guess that it was between 3-4 weeks.
devo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #18
devo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Posts: 1,942
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
When I did the BMW M3 driving experience thing in Germany the interior on the test cars was extended black leather with the carbon trim. It was a really nice combo ... so thats the one I decided to go with.

I've had the aluminium trim on my E46 M3 now for 3 1/2 years ... so i'm ready for a change !!
That's really good to hear. It can be difficult choosing when you haven't seen the samples.
devo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #19
devo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Posts: 1,942
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
OK thanks. So if we factor in a 1 week build and a 4 week delivery time, we are looking at 10 weeks from 111 to delivery. Wow, more than I thought. I most likely will not see my car until the beginning of April.

I need to get this car off my mind and stop posting here or something, or the 9 more weeks of waiting like this will surely drive me crazy.
Lucid,

That's a fairly good estimate, judging by Greg's car and mine. My 335 took about that long, maybe 9 weeks total.
devo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #20
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Lucid,

That's a fairly good estimate, judging by Greg's car and mine. My 335 took about that long, maybe 9 weeks total.
Do you know if PDC cuts down on the transportation time at all?
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #21
devo
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: .2GT3/335Cpe/991 GT3 coming
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: thinking about cars, girls and money, not necessarily in that order.

Posts: 1,942
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Do you know if PDC cuts down on the transportation time at all?
I don't. I assume that you are picking up your car in S. Carolina?
devo is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #22
lucid
Major General
 
lucid's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 8,034
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
I don't. I assume that you are picking up your car in S. Carolina?
I've been considering it. Monsta wants to meet up there and drive NE, which would be cool. It would also be nice if it were to shorten the delivery time.

All I can is that you live in upstate NY, which is pretty close to Boston. Just don't leave your car out unattended. Who knows, I might be lurking/drooling nearby!
lucid is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST