BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2008, 10:23 AM   #23
Park2670
General
 
Park2670's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 CX-5
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: UTAH

Posts: 18,120
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
Uh huh, Sure. Blame everything on Sara.
I did!

I always blame everything on her!
Park2670 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 10:25 AM   #24
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
did the croc eat a texan or mexican????

whatever he is, 1 man down, several millions to go
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 09:40 PM   #25
Neurorad
Major
 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Asphincter says what?
Neurorad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #26
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 8,917
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
We need more of those in that river. Bigger too. Would be much more effective than a border fence.

ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 02:01 PM   #27
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Wow awesome.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 07:41 PM   #28
Expired
Fanatic
 
Expired's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

Posts: 175
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Fuck all y'all.

If you were born in Mexico, you'd cross the border too. And if everyone spoke Spanish south of Houston, you'd never learn English, either.

Put yourself in someone else's position, for a change of heart. It will work wonders for your small, narrow mind.

Don't tell me you'd put up with living in poverty, with all of the U.S. has to offer just across the border.
Ya, I'd cross legally or head to some other city/country/region that I could relate to such as South America.
I never said everyone speaks only Spanish south of Houston, I said it is getting that way. Public schools still require English fortunately, until you get closer to the border.

Assume less, it will work wonders for your small narrow mind.
You think that I don't wonder how it would be living in a different area??
You also can't put yourself into someone else's position until you have experienced it...

Here's a little lesson on Lifeboat ethics my friend. Think of each major wealthy nation as a lifeboat, each of these "lifeboats" already have say.. 20-30 people in them, and the limit is 40 before you start to sink. Every poor nation is considered a person drowning around these "lifeboats". We need to maintain a 10 person margin for error, or else we would risk being on the verge of sinking. This margin would consist of chances for high birth rates, low deaths, high unemployment, etc.. Everyone on the boat needs to ask themselves, how many people can we save before we drown as well?? Who should we let in, and who should we keep out?? It's funny because when you take one person on board, they then want to save all of their family and friends as well, or they start to see your point of view and want to save their own skin. If we continue to let these drowning people cling to us for help, they will only end up sinking us. Our "lifeboat" can only operate efficiently with so many people in it.

An illegal immigrant/alien is simply a threat to our nation. Not only will their agenda to "Reqonquista"(Reconquer) Texas destroy the state I live in, they will end up dragging down the rest of America with them.

Yea, a lot of people can say, "well put yourselves in their shoes and what would you do!?!?" Tell me Neurorad, would you give up your spot in this "lifeboat" for some complete stranger, or would you then calmly slide to the back of the boat and shut your mouth?? I highly doubt that self sacrifice is part of your mindset.

We already have holes all in our boat, how much more do you think we can take?? We already give illegal immigrants free health care, they skip out on paying most taxes, and having to learn their language is a burden in itself.
Illegal Immigrants are leaches and a drain on our country and society.

It's not that LEGALLY immigrating somewhere is too hard, or impossible to do.. It's the fact that they can't/will not speak English, are too lazy to bother, or have a criminal record. Personally, I would rather live in Mexico and deal with MY OWN problems, than live in a little shack on the border of Mexico. They would rather run away from their problems than try to fix them, or they want someone else to fix their problems for them. It's ludicrous how they think this country is meant to help them, and meet their every want.

Fuck them, they need to take care of their own country like we should be taking care of ours.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.

Last edited by Expired; 02-05-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Expired is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 07:49 PM   #29
Spool
******
 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 6,164
iTrader: (24)

U guys notice his hand is holding his foot?
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Spool is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #30
iatacs19
Major General
 
iatacs19's Avatar
 
Drives: 335is
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Washington, DC

Posts: 5,207
iTrader: (6)

in Texas? DAYUM!
__________________
If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.


BMWCCA Referral
iatacs19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:04 PM   #31
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
U guys notice his hand is holding his foot?
sure is dude and if you sort through the blood and guts you'd probably find his lips kissing his ass ......... goodbye!
__________________
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #32
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Expired Neurorad

v
v
v
v
v
v
v

__________________
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #33
Spool
******
 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 6,164
iTrader: (24)

It looks like it only ate half of the body, i can't find the head, and looks like there is a chicken in there as well from 2 days earlier.
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Spool is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      02-05-2008, 08:38 PM   #34
!Xoible
Banned
 
Drives: ....
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: .

Posts: 46,037
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2008 M3  [3.50]
2007 335i  [4.50]
2008 528i  [4.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
It looks like it only ate half of the body, i can't find the head, and looks like there is a chicken in there as well from 2 days earlier.
edited: racist joke
!Xoible is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #35
Neurorad
Major
 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Ya, I'd cross legally or head to some other city/country/region that I could relate to such as South America.
I never said everyone speaks only Spanish south of Houston, I said it is getting that way. Public schools still require English fortunately, until you get closer to the border.

Assume less, it will work wonders for your small narrow mind.
You think that I don't wonder how it would be living in a different area??
You also can't put yourself into someone else's position until you have experienced it...

Here's a little lesson on Lifeboat ethics my friend. Think of each major wealthy nation as a lifeboat, each of these "lifeboats" already have say.. 20-30 people in them, and the limit is 40 before you start to sink. Every poor nation is considered a person drowning around these "lifeboats". We need to maintain a 10 person margin for error, or else we would risk being on the verge of sinking. This margin would consist of chances for high birth rates, low deaths, high unemployment, etc.. Everyone on the boat needs to ask themselves, how many people can we save before we drown as well?? Who should we let in, and who should we keep out?? It's funny because when you take one person on board, they then want to save all of their family and friends as well, or they start to see your point of view and want to save their own skin. If we continue to let these drowning people cling to us for help, they will only end up sinking us. Our "lifeboat" can only operate efficiently with so many people in it.

An illegal immigrant/alien is simply a threat to our nation. Not only will their agenda to "Reqonquista"(Reconquer) Texas destroy the state I live in, they will end up dragging down the rest of America with them.

Yea, a lot of people can say, "well put yourselves in their shoes and what would you do!?!?" Tell me Neurorad, would you give up your spot in this "lifeboat" for some complete stranger, or would you then calmly slide to the back of the boat and shut your mouth?? I highly doubt that self sacrifice is part of your mindset.

We already have holes all in our boat, how much more do you think we can take?? We already give illegal immigrants free health care, they skip out on paying most taxes, and having to learn their language is a burden in itself.
Illegal Immigrants are leaches and a drain on our country and society.

It's not that LEGALLY immigrating somewhere is too hard, or impossible to do.. It's the fact that they can't/will not speak English, are too lazy to bother, or have a criminal record. Personally, I would rather live in Mexico and deal with MY OWN problems, than live in a little shack on the border of Mexico. They would rather run away from their problems than try to fix them, or they want someone else to fix their problems for them. It's ludicrous how they think this country is meant to help them, and meet their every want.

Fuck them, they need to take care of their own country like we should be taking care of ours.

-Nathan
You use the terms 'them' and 'us' pretty handily. Isn't it 'we' when we talk about humans?

And about that lifeboat. Seems to me that lifeboat is gigantic, with gold plating (and giant steamer trunks). My personal space on the lifeboat is huge; did you not get your latte this AM? Is that why you're grouchy?

It's racist when you call a group of people lazy. Inability to learn English has many reasons. Illegal immigrants are poor, but calling them all of them lazy or criminals? Xenophobic trash.

I don't advocate letting in whomever, just remember they are humans.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy practice compassion.
Neurorad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 12:43 PM   #36
shragon
Moderator
 
shragon's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i SG Sedan
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 27,450
iTrader: (7)

nasty!!
__________________
shragon is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #37
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_328 View Post
Pass me some , will ya ??


Oh, and go here: Snopes
MadDog is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 02:32 PM   #38
Taittinger
Major
 
Taittinger's Avatar
 
Drives: Monaco Blue E92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ

Posts: 1,019
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Ya, I'd cross legally or head to some other city/country/region that I could relate to such as South America.
I never said everyone speaks only Spanish south of Houston, I said it is getting that way. Public schools still require English fortunately, until you get closer to the border.

Assume less, it will work wonders for your small narrow mind.
You think that I don't wonder how it would be living in a different area??
You also can't put yourself into someone else's position until you have experienced it...

Here's a little lesson on Lifeboat ethics my friend. Think of each major wealthy nation as a lifeboat, each of these "lifeboats" already have say.. 20-30 people in them, and the limit is 40 before you start to sink. Every poor nation is considered a person drowning around these "lifeboats". We need to maintain a 10 person margin for error, or else we would risk being on the verge of sinking. This margin would consist of chances for high birth rates, low deaths, high unemployment, etc.. Everyone on the boat needs to ask themselves, how many people can we save before we drown as well?? Who should we let in, and who should we keep out?? It's funny because when you take one person on board, they then want to save all of their family and friends as well, or they start to see your point of view and want to save their own skin. If we continue to let these drowning people cling to us for help, they will only end up sinking us. Our "lifeboat" can only operate efficiently with so many people in it.

An illegal immigrant/alien is simply a threat to our nation. Not only will their agenda to "Reqonquista"(Reconquer) Texas destroy the state I live in, they will end up dragging down the rest of America with them.

Yea, a lot of people can say, "well put yourselves in their shoes and what would you do!?!?" Tell me Neurorad, would you give up your spot in this "lifeboat" for some complete stranger, or would you then calmly slide to the back of the boat and shut your mouth?? I highly doubt that self sacrifice is part of your mindset.

We already have holes all in our boat, how much more do you think we can take?? We already give illegal immigrants free health care, they skip out on paying most taxes, and having to learn their language is a burden in itself.
Illegal Immigrants are leaches and a drain on our country and society.

It's not that LEGALLY immigrating somewhere is too hard, or impossible to do.. It's the fact that they can't/will not speak English, are too lazy to bother, or have a criminal record. Personally, I would rather live in Mexico and deal with MY OWN problems, than live in a little shack on the border of Mexico. They would rather run away from their problems than try to fix them, or they want someone else to fix their problems for them. It's ludicrous how they think this country is meant to help them, and meet their every want.

Fuck them, they need to take care of their own country like we should be taking care of ours.

-Nathan
Leeches, and I think you meant emigrating, not immigrating, but without the requisite preposition it is difficult to be sure.
__________________


'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Taittinger is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #39
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 94' corolla
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: FL

Posts: 207
iTrader: (0)

dinner served http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=21093 ...more pics.....border patrol in full effect
E(@M# is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-06-2008, 03:13 PM   #40
Sara504
Lieutenant General
 
Sara504's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335is
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA

Posts: 17,672
iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Fuck them, they need to take care of their own country like we should be taking care of ours.

-Nathan
+ 1




Bush needs to take care of his own country instead of being elsewhere. He's fixing the wrong gulf
__________________

2013 335is-Current
2011 335i -Sold 4/13 2006 325i-Sold 7/11
Sara504 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #41
Expired
Fanatic
 
Expired's Avatar
 
Drives: N/A
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Houston, Tx

Posts: 175
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
You use the terms 'them' and 'us' pretty handily. Isn't it 'we' when we talk about humans?

And about that lifeboat. Seems to me that lifeboat is gigantic, with gold plating (and giant steamer trunks). My personal space on the lifeboat is huge; did you not get your latte this AM? Is that why you're grouchy?

It's racist when you call a group of people lazy. Inability to learn English has many reasons. Illegal immigrants are poor, but calling them all of them lazy or criminals? Xenophobic trash.

I don't advocate letting in whomever, just remember they are humans.

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy practice compassion.
Why would I even use the word 'we'??? I'm obviously talking about two different groups here. I would only use 'we' if I was talking about taking care of the worlds environment, which involves everyone. This is a different discussion.
Us, English speaking Legal Immigrants, decedents of legal immigrants, citizens, tax payers. You know, the people that this country actually belongs to.
I guess I will throw all of the slang in here that I want, since I am guessing you assume that I am using 'them' and 'us' because I am afraid of Hispanics on this forum or something?? I am using 'them' and 'us' because it is much faster than typing everything out, and sounds much better.
Them, Illegal Immigrants/Aliens, Border jumpers, Leeches, Drains on society, etc.. Oh, and my Puerto Rican friend likes to call himself a "scratch back" jokingly, so I guess I will throw that in as well.

No, I don't drink coffee and I am not rich. It's nice of you to assume so, however, I'm just middle class.

Last time I checked an Illegal Immigrant wasn't a race. I also never called all Illegal Immigrants criminals, I said that is one of the few reasons to cross the border illegally, being too lazy to go through the process of Legal Immigration is another one.

"Xenophobic Trash"??? Really?? Is what I am saying really that unreasonable??
Does it sound like I fear all that is foreign?? Do you see me talking about Asians, Germans, Irish, Indians, or any other ethnicities?? No, because they aren't a problem. For some ODD reason most Immigrants from these other nations have no problem learning English, and they take the time to go through the processes and adapt to our culture. For some ODD reason a majority of them aren't a drain on our society.

I guess I could throw ignorant in there as well.. Me and my HISPANIC friend were talking about how he went to the border once to buy alcohol and was talking to some guy there.. He pretty much asked him why he doesn't invest his time in learning English.. The guy replied with "Why bother?? This is basically Mexico.. We are so close to the border that it shouldn't matter."
There you have it, a large part of the mindset of Illegal Immigrants and a lot of Legal Immigrants for that matter.

I was watching CSI the other night and some white detective on there was talking about how people should learn English, and he can't stand trying to communicate with someone that only speaks Spanish. Then the Hispanic detective jumps in and says "Why don't you learn Spanish then??", defending his race. Why doesn't he?? Because it is fucking America and English is the dominate language. People shouldn't have to learn your language and try to accommodate you.

I also watched a broadcast of the candidacy in Spanish the other day.. I didn't know that Mexico was so interested in our election process?? Oh wait, I forgot that we have to accommodate for all of the Spanish speakers here in the U.S. that are refusing to learn English.

Oh, but you do advocate letting in whomever.. Just as long as they are Hispanic and live south of the United States. You apparently think that Illegal Immigration is alright, and great for our country.

No, I'm not racist and I could care less about skin color. If Mexico was comprised of white people that spoke Spanish, I would be having this same discussion, and my viewpoint would be the same. Same goes for any other group of people that are trying to take over a nation and ruin that nations way of living.
Illegal Immigration from Canada isn't that big of an issue yet because the numbers aren't reaching epic proportions, and they also happen to speak English.

-Nathan
__________________
People only know what you tell them.Only in ROFL Copter.

Last edited by Expired; 02-07-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Expired is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #42
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,272
iTrader: (0)

I just wanna drop a touche in there for either of you.

But ya, gimme some popcorns...
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #43
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
 
MadDog's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: S.F. Bay Area

Posts: 504
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 325i  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
I just wanna drop a touche in there for either of you.

But ya, gimme some popcorns...

Some for you, and some more for me.
MadDog is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #44
Neurorad
Major
 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (0)

Sorry, Expired, I meant prejudiced, not racist. You are prejudiced against illegal aliens. You are saying they are all bad people.

You are passionate about your cause. I assume that you are greatly affected, personally, by the presence of illegal aliens in Houston. Did you lose your job to one? Were you robbed? Did Fox run a special report on it recently? Did you get fired from your night minuteman job? Are the Jews, oops, I mean illegals, to blame for all your worries and sorrows?

Go round up all the illegals and put them in a ghetto to start with. That'll straighten everything out.

[uptight white guy Eddie Murphy voice here] "But my friend's hispanic, so I can tell wetback jokes. He. He. He."

Why do I feel like I'm arguing with a Houston Archie Bunker(*), over something so stupid? Take the anger and bigotry and hatred down a notch. The talk on here about killing illegal immigrants = Nazi Germany.

I'd like to teach you a lesson in being prejudiced by insulting some aspect of your location (perhaps a sweeping generalization about Houstons) and then asking how that makes you feel, but I don't have time now, and I refuse to stoop to that level.


*Edit - Archie Bunker was a character in the 70's TV sitcom show All in the Family. He was a bigot you were allowed to laugh at, because he always got the short end of the stick. His prejudices were rooted in ignorance. Sorry, it was on TV before you were born.

Last edited by Neurorad; 02-08-2008 at 10:05 AM.
Neurorad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:55 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST