BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2008, 09:23 AM   #1
gorun
Lieutenant
gorun's Avatar
10
Rep
518
Posts

 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

iTrader: (0)

DCT June build

Ordered E92 M3 with DCT today, my dealer checked with the jerries- no DCT before June. How boring is that!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
Phoenix 21st
First Lieutenant
Phoenix 21st's Avatar
United Kingdom
5
Rep
325
Posts

 
Drives: E92 M3 M-dct SG
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London

iTrader: (0)

Where did u order? did the dealer say when u would expect yours?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 10:28 AM   #3
gorun
Lieutenant
gorun's Avatar
10
Rep
518
Posts

 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

iTrader: (0)

Ordered in Bulgaria. He said June build at the earliest and July delivery respectively. No guaranties might be pushed back further. He claimed that DCT commences production in June for all models E90, E92, E93. Has anyone here been confirmed DCT delivery before June? I am bored, I dont want the car when half the summer is gone.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #4
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
swiss_cornholio's Avatar
Switzerland
5
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
Ordered in Bulgaria. He said June build at the earliest and July delivery respectively. No guaranties might be pushed back further. He claimed that DCT commences production in June for all models E90, E92, E93. Has anyone here been confirmed DCT delivery before June? I am bored, I dont want the car when half the summer is gone.
I'll get my DCT E92 M3 mid/end April (order code 111).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 11:15 AM   #5
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
I'll get my DCT E92 M3 mid/end April (order code 111).
I thought status 111 meant that the order does not have any type of definite production date associated with it. In theory, it is possible to be stuck there for several weeks, maybe even months?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
swiss_cornholio
First Lieutenant
swiss_cornholio's Avatar
Switzerland
5
Rep
379
Posts

 
Drives: E92 DTC M3 (AW/PS)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Zurich, Switzerland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I thought status 111 meant that the order does not have any type of definite production date associated with it. In theory, it is possible to be stuck there for several weeks, maybe even months?
I was told that 111 means the production date has been confirmed by BMW and won't be moved more than one or two weeks. 112 (which should come very soon) means it won't be moved at all.

Additionally, another dealer told me that his demo E93 would arrive on the 26th April. So I don't see why my E92 shouln't arrive at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 11:26 AM   #7
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,650
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Production dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I thought status 111 meant that the order does not have any type of definite production date associated with it. In theory, it is possible to be stuck there for several weeks, maybe even months?
I believe there is an estimated production date in the system even at 111. BMW knows their production rate and backlog before they issue and allocation and accept the order, so there is a target date. That becomes firmer at 112. I was 111 for 2 weeks and 112 for 3 weeks.
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_cornholio View Post
I was told that 111 means the production date has been confirmed by BMW and won't be moved more than one or two weeks. 112 (which should come very soon) means it won't be moved at all.
My understanding is that 111 can have a "requested production date", but I don't know how binding that is. When you go 112, you get a solid date. I am 111, and do not have any dates on record. Someone else has posted that he has been 111 for more than 3 weeks now. However you look at it, I think the bottom line is things can swing until you go 112.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 11:30 AM   #9
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
I believe there is an estimated production date in the system even at 111. BMW knows their production rate and backlog before they issue and allocation and accept the order, so there is a target date. That becomes firmer at 112. I was 111 for 2 weeks and 112 for 3 weeks.
My 111 order has only one field that is associated with a production date. It is labelled "Act. Production Date". I have no idea what that means, but it is empty. I wonder if it is the actual date production will eventually start on--meaning it will only be filled after the car goes into production?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #10
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
5
Rep
253
Posts

 
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: American in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Coupe order is available with DCT now

I just went to confirm and the DCT is available for my M3 as long as it is a Coupe Sedan/Vert will push it until June. Just returned from the dealer
__________________
TELL me what real drivers training do you have besides your State Drivers License ?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
gorun
Lieutenant
gorun's Avatar
10
Rep
518
Posts

 
Drives: W166 ML63 PP
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where the roads are crap...

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmund1948 View Post
I just went to confirm and the DCT is available for my M3 as long as it is a Coupe Sedan/Vert will push it until June. Just returned from the dealer
What do you mean? When are you getting delivery?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:54 PM   #12
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Does this June DCT build only apply for countries outside the U.S.?

I got a accepted and production # last week for a M-DCT coupe.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 12:58 PM   #13
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
5
Rep
253
Posts

 
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: American in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Coupe order is available with DCT now

Mine will being built in March

Coupes are the only ones with the DCT until June
then the sedan/Vert will have it available
__________________
TELL me what real drivers training do you have besides your State Drivers License ?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 01:08 PM   #14
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Just called BMW NA and my M-DCT Coupe is scheduled for a week 11 build. So i guess a mid April delivery.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #15
gasman
Member
gasman's Avatar
15
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

I spoke to BMW NA as well today. I asked the agent what my status code was and he said he didn't have access to that. I know I'm 111 as I received an email from my dealer. He said I have an estimated production date of Week 10 but that it could still be sooner or later. As it gets closer to march I should know more. I sure hope to go status 112 in the next 2 weeks.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #16
lucid
Major General
lucid's Avatar
United_States
116
Rep
8,034
Posts

 
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
I spoke to BMW NA as well today. I asked the agent what my status code was and he said he didn't have access to that. I know I'm 111 as I received an email from my dealer. He said I have an estimated production date of Week 10 but that it could still be sooner or later. As it gets closer to march I should know more. I sure hope to go status 112 in the next 2 weeks.
Did you order 19 wheels?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 01:41 PM   #17
gasman
Member
gasman's Avatar
15
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Did you order 19 wheels?
Yes and M-DCT!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #18
apw2607
Major
45
Rep
1,428
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 X5 35d
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle, WA, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Just called BMW NA and my M-DCT Coupe is scheduled for a week 11 build. So i guess a mid April delivery.
Yep. I'm in the same situation as you. Status 111, M-DCT (and 19") for a week 11 build (estimated).
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 06:35 PM   #19
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
Yep. I'm in the same situation as you. Status 111, M-DCT (and 19") for a week 11 build (estimated).
Im guessing most of the M-DCT spec'd cars will be week 11 builds...so that means our orders wont hit 112 for a few weeks and 150 next month...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 07:18 PM   #20
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
United_States
137
Rep
7,650
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 Coupe, 2012 ML350
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Lake Oswego, OR

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Im guessing most of the M-DCT spec'd cars will be week 11 builds...so that means our orders wont hit 112 for a few weeks and 150 next month...
Hope the 19" wheel supply shapes up for you guys!
__________________

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2015 M4 Coupe - Silverstone/Sakhir/CF
2012 ML350
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 08:02 PM   #21
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Hope the 19" wheel supply shapes up for you guys!
hehe i dont have to worry about it!

18in wheels club ftw!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2008, 08:37 PM   #22
gasman
Member
gasman's Avatar
15
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
hehe i dont have to worry about it!

18in wheels club ftw!
Not very funny Fifth!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST