BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
E92 Lighting
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
Broken1
E90 Addict
Broken1's Avatar
South Africa
52
Rep
2,040
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Sparking Graphite
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm going away on Saturday

I'm off for my late holiday :-)
Leaving at 6am on Saturday Morning - first time I'm gonna be taking my E90 out on a long drive...quite exciting!I'll be gone for a whole 7 days...wonder if any1 will miss me here?

Ahh...anywhoo...looking forward to posting all car related things when I get back!

I might get a chance to log on tomorrow, but I fear I won't be logging on at all during my holiday!!

Hope you all have a good week!!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #2
jcoo085
Lieutenant
jcoo085's Avatar
10
Rep
463
Posts

 
Drives: E90 320d
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stuttgart, Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
Have an excellent trip! The 320d is fantastic on long trips (I did 1,800kms in 4 days back in November). The massive torque on the diesel makes overtaking a breeze.

Is this the trip you were mentioning down to sea-level? You may not want to come home after the power increase (if there is a noticeable difference). Let us know how it goes and if you notice anything different.
__________________

E90 320d - Black Ext/Fluid Grey Int | Steptronic | Business Navigation | PDC | Sunroof | Alarm
Exterior Pictures | Interior Pictures | Video
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #3
Broken1
E90 Addict
Broken1's Avatar
South Africa
52
Rep
2,040
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Sparking Graphite
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoo085
Have an excellent trip! The 320d is fantastic on long trips (I did 1,800kms in 4 days back in November). The massive torque on the diesel makes overtaking a breeze.

Is this the trip you were mentioning down to sea-level? You may not want to come home after the power increase (if there is a noticeable difference). Let us know how it goes and if you notice anything different.
Yup this trip is down to sea level. I'm excited to see my consumption drop...120km/h pegged on my cruise...I'm sure it'll be in the 5's (l/100kms)

About the power...might just have to find myself a cheap used 330d when I get back *wishes*
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 02:32 PM   #4
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
db17k's Avatar
12
Rep
790
Posts

 
Drives: 335ci hold out
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Peace out Home Skillet, mind your whip on the trip! heh, if you got any of that
__________________
"In Soviet Russia car forks you!"

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2006, 05:06 PM   #5
Dante
Major
Dante's Avatar
Germany
50
Rep
1,439
Posts

 
Drives: F31 330d / E89 Z4 30i
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I am gonna miss you!


Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 12:14 PM   #6
JamieA
Colonel
JamieA's Avatar
Australia
28
Rep
2,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Have a good trip mate. I will miss your posts.

You will find your E90 an excellent companion on the trip. I loved every minute behind the wheel during the 3,000km I put on my car over the past month.

I expect a full report when you return on your experiences on a long drive, like my Broken Hill trip report. Are you going to be taking photos and posting them?
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
Broken1
E90 Addict
Broken1's Avatar
South Africa
52
Rep
2,040
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Sparking Graphite
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA
Have a good trip mate. I will miss your posts.

You will find your E90 an excellent companion on the trip. I loved every minute behind the wheel during the 3,000km I put on my car over the past month.

I expect a full report when you return on your experiences on a long drive, like my Broken Hill trip report. Are you going to be taking photos and posting them?
I will definately try photo's. As far as car photo's go...the gf doesn't like me obsessing about my car...so I'll do by best!

Cheers All :-)
See ya next week!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #8
JamieA
Colonel
JamieA's Avatar
Australia
28
Rep
2,147
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1
I will definately try photo's. As far as car photo's go...the gf doesn't like me obsessing about my car...so I'll do by best!

Cheers All :-)
See ya next week!

Put her in the photos and the problem is solved.
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST