BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2008, 06:56 AM   #23
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,504
iTrader: (0)

More added complexity that just isn't needed but I'm glad someone is enamored by it and that it's optional. You lose your rights to complain about weight when everything on the car is required to be motorized.
RandyB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #24
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
More added complexity that just isn't needed but I'm glad someone is enamored by it and that it's optional. You lose your rights to complain about weight when everything on the car is required to be motorized.
Sure, slam some inventions but embrace others...

Were these your feelings when power windows came out?
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 07:51 AM   #25
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
 
JerezBlue!'s Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 V8
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Sure, slam some inventions but embrace others...

LOL! But in the M3 the electric seats do not extend to the adjustment for the 'under knee' for / aft movement like in the M6; still manual!
JerezBlue! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 07:55 AM   #26
Epacy
Reincarnated
 
Epacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 02 Maxima SE
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,227
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezBlue! View Post
LOL! But in the M3 the electric seats do not extend to the adjustment for the 'under knee' for / aft movement like in the M6; still manual!
That's because it's a more of a pure racecar.
__________________
Epacy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 07:57 AM   #27
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
 
JerezBlue!'s Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 V8
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
That's because it's a more of a pure racecar.
Clearly, might be an idea to drop some weight myself to compensate for all the electrics!!
JerezBlue! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 07:59 AM   #28
GarryF
First Lieutenant
 
GarryF's Avatar
 
Drives: SSII E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: UK

Posts: 309
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13eastie View Post
Correct. And you also have to extend them manually every time, so it's not really a girlfriend-friendly feature!

(Av. distance driven per journey with mirrors folded in c. 0.5 miles )
In the manual it says they'll fold out when you get to 25mph that might be difficult in central London I guess

I suppose the idea is they stay folded in for you to drive through narrow gaps.
GarryF is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 01:00 PM   #29
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
Sure, slam some inventions but embrace others...

Were these your feelings when power windows came out?
Yes, actually.

You have to admit there is more use for power windows than folding mirrors.
RandyB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #30
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
 
JerezBlue!'s Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 V8
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Yes, actually.

You have to admit there is more use for power windows than folding mirrors.
Depends what you want to do I guess. You need folding mirrors for tight spaces and to protect them. You need power windows to avoid manual labour for fresh air ventilation. No real hierachy then?
JerezBlue! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 05:16 PM   #31
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
 
RandyB's Avatar
 
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 1,504
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerezBlue! View Post
Depends what you want to do I guess. You need folding mirrors for tight spaces and to protect them. You need power windows to avoid manual labour for fresh air ventilation. No real hierachy then?
Actually I treat them like fixed glass so I don't have to replace the window regulators every couple of years.

If four inches makes a difference on your car fitting in a space or not, I feel sorry for you. But yeah, they look 'expensive' folded in.
RandyB is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #32
JerezBlue!
Second Lieutenant
 
JerezBlue!'s Avatar
 
Drives: BMW M3 V8
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 289
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
Actually I treat them like fixed glass so I don't have to replace the window regulators every couple of years.

If four inches makes a difference on your car fitting in a space or not, I feel sorry for you. But yeah, they look 'expensive' folded in.

Truth be told, four inches actually makes little difference to me so you don't need to waste your condolences. I just liked the idea of folding them using my remote but I found out on the day of delivery that this has been removed. Not a big deal, but a small let down particularly since there is no rational explanation for its removal.
JerezBlue! is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST