BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-11-2008, 03:05 AM   #67
Davo2003
Captain

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Btw, I've never had a bad valet experience like some have talked about. I think it depends on the size of the establishment and the reputation. Most places I go are well established and average to small bars or restaurants. The valets always greet me with a smile, put my car in a preferred spot etc because I consistently tip above average amounts. If I went to an event/location with a valet service that was unfamiliar to me, I would ask them questions about where my car would be parked and tip in advance...and record the mileage lol. But really, if I felt uncofortable at all, I would take my DD, a Dodge pickup and leave the Bimmer safely in my garage
      01-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #68
Takumi587
M3 Enthusiast

Drives: BMW M3, 330Ci, 528i

Garage List
2002 330Ci  [0.00]
2005 E46 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Takumi587
My buddies are Valet Drivers at South Coast in Irvine and for private parties. They have driven almost every car you can think of... And you know what they tell me? They pound the pedal once the owners are out of sight or not looking. They go straight down the parking lot even when the person gives them a good tip. Do most valet parkers really care about your car that much? If it is not a high end vehicle like a ferrari then your car will be treated like crap and be driven hard. Most Valet businesses higher almost anyone too. The average pay is $7.50 or $8 something. So would I valet a car? NO do not do it. My buddies even told me to never valet b/c they will have as much fun with your car as they can. However, if you do let them Valet watch them park the car b/c when they know the owner is looking or watching them park it they never do anything stupid.
Takumi587 is offline   United_States
      01-11-2008, 03:58 AM   #69
Takumi587
M3 Enthusiast

Drives: BMW M3, 330Ci, 528i

Garage List
2002 330Ci  [0.00]
2005 E46 M3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Takumi587
Oh Yah and they did tell me that they drove the New M3 with the DCT transmission. And the guy told them to not tell anyone or take any pictures. Buddies told me the emblems were all tapped up even the vents. And ofcourse the guy who brought the M3 watched them the whole time he parked it.
Takumi587 is offline   United_States
      01-11-2008, 06:24 AM   #70
Davo2003
Captain

Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Ya, I also had a buddy who parked a flying car once, they told him not to touch a certain button or there would be "trouble".

Anyway, rule of thumb for me is...they always valet in my site. I don't let them take it to any place more than twenty yards away. It all depends on how well you know the establishment I say.
      01-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #71
Rimola
First Lieutenant

Drives: Dodge Viper

Send a message via AIM to Rimola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
Ya, I also had a buddy who parked a flying car once, they told him not to touch a certain button or there would be "trouble".
LMAO !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Still imagine the number of farts cloth seats absorb over 4 years???
Rimola is offline   United_States