BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport
View Poll Results: In 10-15years time, will the great ol' USA be a third world country?
Yes. 25 21.93%
Depends on the election 10 8.77%
No. 75 65.79%
I'm here for the poll. 4 3.51%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

11-22-2008, 12:49 AM   #23
Blake
Banned

Drives: Chevy Aveo

wow i didn't think they had internet in idaho...guess i'm wrong.
Blake is offline   No_Country
      11-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #24
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
It's slow internet in my neighborhood. The fastest speed for DSL is 3Mb/s. In some areas, fiber is available for 20Mb/s. Idaho is not my first choice for a place to live. But it could be worse. At least the crime rate is very low.
scottwww is offline   United_States
      11-22-2008, 01:36 AM   #25
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD

Drives: 2006 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakepilot View Post
they don't have 91 octane gas in Idaho......

i got stuck with 87 octane.........wait....was that South Dakota?
      11-22-2008, 04:54 AM   #26
Speedtrap
Lieutenant Colonel

Drives: A very fast car :)

Just look at this and you will see....

http://brillig.com/debt_clock/

Every penny of federal taxes collected now goes just towards interest. In other words, we have passed the point where we can even hope to to one day be debt-free. This is all by design folks. The Federal Reserve is the most hideous and evil monstrosity ever devised. It is the evil invention of evil, greedy, and power hungry men. The Federal Reserve was created in 1913 by several independent bankers, including the Rockefeller family. There is NOTHING "federal" about the Federal Reserve, it is PRIVATELY owned and operated (apart from any government or public control). And the Federal "Reserve" certainly has no gold reserve. We are all passing around "FIAT" (worthless) money. John F. Kennedy wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve with Presidential executive order 11110 and they killed him. You see, Kennedy was for the people and the globalist elite couldn't have that.

America is being depleted and destroyed little by little. So while foreign nations are increasingly getting wealthier, America is slowly getting poorer and poorer. Look at the chart below comparing the U.S. to Japan.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evils..._nightmare.htm
      11-22-2008, 05:00 AM   #27
penny31
Lieutenant

Drives: e92 m3

dude the dollar is going back up. ur just an idiot for thinking were going to be a third world country. no hard feelings. =]

11-22-2008, 11:10 AM   #28
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
they don't have 91 octane gas in Idaho......

i got stuck with 87 octane.........wait....was that South Dakota?
In Idaho at Shell stations (where I fill up) regular is 90 octane, mid-grade is 92 octane, and premium is 94 octane.
      11-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #29
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny31 View Post
dude the dollar is going back up. ur just an idiot for thinking were going to be a third world country. no hard feelings. =]
Part of the reason the dollar is going up is because people have cashed in their investments. Another is that China owns a lot of dollars and is propping it up. There are many reasons for the dollar being strong right now. There are many reasons I don't understand, and many I have not heard yet. Why do you think it is strong? Don't you think that the dollar will weaken in the months ahead? It could drop like a rock when the monetary system changes to another standard. The dollar will not likely be the basis of that new standard.
      11-22-2008, 03:29 PM   #30
ik999
Lieutenant

Drives: monacoblau e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
It could drop like a rock when the monetary system changes to another standard. The dollar will not likely be the basis of that new standard.

You mean like if OPEC countries stop requiring payment in USD?

yeah, I could see that diminishing a lot of the artificial demand.
ik999 is offline   Canada
      11-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #31
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!

Drives: Fast e30 / Slow M3

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
Send a message via AIM to FifthStreetz
anyone ever see Idiocracy? That is whats going to happen to the world.
      11-22-2008, 08:20 PM   #32
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by ik999 View Post
You mean like if OPEC countries stop requiring payment in USD?

yeah, I could see that diminishing a lot of the artificial demand.
The first half of this is a great explanation of how the monetary system has worked for us. The second half gets rather repetititve and rambles on, but this information puts our present and developing situation into a different perspective than what we get from the popular press. I have quoted a bit of it here:
Quote:
Before the U.S. House of Representatives

February 15, 2006

The End of Dollar Hegemony
In the short run, the issuer of a fiat reserve currency can accrue great economic benefits. In the long run, it poses a threat to the country issuing the world currency. In this case that’s the United States. As long as foreign countries take our dollars in return for real goods, we come out ahead. This is a benefit many in Congress fail to recognize, as they bash China for maintaining a positive trade balance with us. But this leads to a loss of manufacturing jobs to overseas markets, as we become more dependent on others and less self-sufficient. Foreign countries accumulate our dollars due to their high savings rates, and graciously loan them back to us at low interest rates to finance our excessive consumption.

It sounds like a great deal for everyone, except the time will come when our dollars-- due to their depreciation-- will be received less enthusiastically or even be rejected by foreign countries. That could create a whole new ballgame and force us to pay a price for living beyond our means and our production. The shift in sentiment regarding the dollar has already started, but the worst is yet to come.

The agreement with OPEC in the 1970s to price oil in dollars has provided tremendous artificial strength to the dollar as the preeminent reserve currency. This has created a universal demand for the dollar, and soaks up the huge number of new dollars generated each year. Last year alone M3 increased over $700 billion.

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto

Last edited by scottwww; 11-22-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: spelling
      11-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #33
ik999
Lieutenant

Drives: monacoblau e90 335i

thanks for the link Scott

Ron Paul is really a great guy

it's a shame that his campaign wasn't able to penetrate the media barriers

I wonder if he has a chance to make it for 2012
ik999 is offline   Canada
      11-23-2008, 02:23 AM   #34
aut0sh0cker
meh

Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
anyone ever see Idiocracy? That is whats going to happen to the world.
"going to happen?" Excuse me but it is going on right now, just turn on your TV and you will see...

DRINK BRAWNDO, ITS GOT ELECTROLYTES!
aut0sh0cker is offline   United_States
      01-23-2009, 07:49 PM   #35
ianbiz
4th E90

Drives: German

Send a message via AIM to ianbiz
a bump!
to see what people think now.
      01-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #36
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbiz View Post
a bump!
to see what people think now.
What people think about what UCF boy?

Things could not get worse than they did...it will continue to sink for some time before things turn around... "Some time" may be a LONG time...
      01-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #37
FolsomMike
Lieutenant

Drives: crimson red 335 cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post

Bush is in the top 5 for worst Presidents of all time. He's garbage and thanks to all of you who decided to vote for him again. Look at the U.S. right now. Chaos.
Ok, I'll bite...Who are the other four? (Or should this be a new thread?)
FolsomMike is offline   United_States
      01-28-2009, 07:48 AM   #38
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK911Carrera View Post
People making money like me can't be living in a third world country and since I don't plan on leaving we ain't gonna be a third world country. Respect.

-AK
you're a genious...
you know they have super-rich making 100x what you make in 3rd world countries...
      02-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #39
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General

Drives: Lola

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by FolsomMike View Post
Ok, I'll bite...Who are the other four? (Or should this be a new thread?)
Andrew Johnson
Warren Harding
James Buchanan
Chester Author
Papa George H.W. Bush
and so on...

I think the state of the economy and approval ratings speak for themselves.
      03-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #40
Papito135
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock
(MADE IN JAPAN )
for 6 am.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA ) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG ).

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA )

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN ) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA ) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY ) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia ) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia ), Joe decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL ), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE ) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA .

Y'all gotta Keep this one circulating, please.

US Army 11C 1983-1993
09 Sedona Red Metallic 135i
09 Ford F-150 Platinum
Papito135 is offline   Puerto Rico
      03-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #41
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papito135 View Post
John Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock
(MADE IN JAPAN )
for 6 am.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA ) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG ).

He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA ), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE ) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA )

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA ) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO ) to see how much he could spend today. After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN ) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA ) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY ) filled it with GAS (from Saudi Arabia ) and continued his search for a good paying AMERICAN JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day checking his Computer (Made In Malaysia ), Joe decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL ), poured himself a glass of wine (MADE IN FRANCE ) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA ), and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA .

Y'all gotta Keep this one circulating, please.

Why? It's stupid, and the point it tries to make is false. Please feel free to move to any of the aforementioned countries and work for a dollar per day making tennis shoes.
Negotiator is offline   Ukraine
      03-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #42
Hoothout
Colonel

Drives: 2008 BMW E92 328i

Garage List
2008 e92 328i  [0.00]
no way will america be a third world country in 10-15 years, give it 100+
iDrive,Premium Pkg,Sport Pkg,Cold Weather pkg,Black Dakota Leather,GP Thunder 8500k cornering,drl,and foglights, ,Blacked Out Grills,Painted Reflectors,Shadowline Emblems,Hardwired Beltronics V-995, AFE Intake, Muffler Delete, Berger tune
Hoothout is offline   United_States
      03-17-2009, 09:09 PM   #43
JHZR2
Captain

Drives: 91 E30, 11 135i cv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedtrap View Post
Just look at this and you will see....

Every penny of federal taxes collected now goes just towards interest. In other words, we have passed the point where we can even hope to to one day be debt-free. This is all by design folks. The Federal Reserve is the most hideous and evil monstrosity ever devised. It is the evil invention of evil, greedy, and power hungry men. The Federal Reserve was created in 1913 by several independent bankers, including the Rockefeller family. There is NOTHING "federal" about the Federal Reserve, it is PRIVATELY owned and operated (apart from any government or public control). And the Federal "Reserve" certainly has no gold reserve. We are all passing around "FIAT" (worthless) money. John F. Kennedy wanted to abolish the Federal Reserve with Presidential executive order 11110 and they killed him. You see, Kennedy was for the people and the globalist elite couldn't have that.

America is being depleted and destroyed little by little. So while foreign nations are increasingly getting wealthier, America is slowly getting poorer and poorer. Look at the chart below comparing the U.S. to Japan.
Though there are a lot of wacks involved in spreading these theories around, there is an awful lot of truth and reality to this stuff too. Glad someone put it out there.
      03-19-2009, 07:13 PM   #44
sayemthree
Brigadier General

Drives: bmw

getting closer every day as the economic meltdown worsens. maybe the government will have to seize control to fix this mess cuased by capitalism.