BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
ESS Tuning
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2008, 03:42 PM   #111
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
T-Bone,

The M6 is a point and squirt machine with no real finesse, not like an M3 or even a RS4 or R8 for that matter.

Oh, I forgot both of those are Audis which must be wrong because according to you Audis suck.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 04:16 PM   #112
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
Crimson92's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
28,647
Posts

 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Come on now, I had an Audi with my M6 until I realized that Audis really sucked. Answer me honestly, how many pieces of clothing do you have that have MB or BMW on it?? Be honest! I have one hat Mr. Brand Whore
yea wait didnt you or your protoge say that audis are for gays
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 01:52 AM   #113
T Bone
Brigadier General
T Bone's Avatar
143
Rep
4,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
You honeslty want to know, 1, its a girls white MB beanie that I gave my gf when I got it in a raffle at work....
See wasn't so hard to admit you had some branded clothing ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
T-Bone,

The M6 is a point and squirt machine with no real finesse, not like an M3 or even a RS4 or R8 for that matter.

Oh, I forgot both of those are Audis which must be wrong because according to you Audis suck.

Too bad you live over in the UK, otherwise we could hit a racetrack together. I don't know of any racetrack that the RS4 would be better than the M6 except ones that run uphill in the snow.

BTW, I track my M6, and I have driven M5, Z4M and the M6 on the track. Put some R compound rubber on the M6 and it will give most cars a run for the money save GT3, Z06

The M3 will destroy any RS4 on the track.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #114
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Too bad you live over in the UK, otherwise we could hit a racetrack together. I don't know of any racetrack that the RS4 would be better than the M6 except ones that run uphill in the snow.
I agree that the M6 would be quicker on a track than a RS4 but that was not my point about the M6, it was that the thing has not real finesse, not like the M3, R8, RS4, 997, Cayman, Boxster etc, etc, etc.......there is more to life than speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
The M3 will destroy any RS4 on the track.
Again I am not in disagreement with you, the M3 will be quicker than the RS4 on this front, newer technology etc, but on the road where conditions, road surfaces etc change from one corner to the next the RS4 is a seriously competent machine and this is where it's rallying heritage kicks in.

So in my opinion on the track rwd is by far the quickest and best opinion but when it comes to road use awd is still king.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 07:41 AM   #115
BYZBYZ
Private First Class
BYZBYZ's Avatar
1
Rep
113
Posts

 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mars

iTrader: (0)

335i rules
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #116
T Bone
Brigadier General
T Bone's Avatar
143
Rep
4,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I agree that the M6 would be quicker on a track than a RS4 but that was not my point about the M6, it was that the thing has not real finesse, not like the M3, R8, RS4, 997, Cayman, Boxster etc, etc, etc.......there is more to life than speed.



Again I am not in disagreement with you, the M3 will be quicker than the RS4 on this front, newer technology etc, but on the road where conditions, road surfaces etc change from one corner to the next the RS4 is a seriously competent machine and this is where it's rallying heritage kicks in.

So in my opinion on the track rwd is by far the quickest and best opinion but when it comes to road use awd is still king.




Slow and feels like Jello.


I haven't driven the S5 / R8 yet but I hope things have improved.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 03:57 PM   #117
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post



Slow and feels like Jello.


I haven't driven the S5 / R8 yet but I hope things have improved.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #118
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
If you think that was impressive then look at this one.



Clearly the new M3 is a much quicker car than even a CSL.

But was any of that very the point, my comments were regarding the lack of finesse that the M6 chassis has and no amount of videos showing a RS4 getting beaten in a straight line will change any of that.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #119
T Bone
Brigadier General
T Bone's Avatar
143
Rep
4,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
If you think that was impressive then look at this one.



Clearly the new M3 is a much quicker car than even a CSL.

But was any of that very the point, my comments were regarding the lack of finesse that the M6 chassis has and no amount of videos showing a RS4 getting beaten in a straight line will change any of that.

I am not sure how to quantify or demonstrate the M6's handling by words. All I can say is that it is bulky on the road but feels very nimble at high speeds on the track.

You should try it.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #120
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I am not sure how to quantify or demonstrate the M6's handling by words. All I can say is that it is bulky on the road but feels very nimble at high speeds on the track.

You should try it.
He probably hasn't or wont, but just likes to talk smack because his beloved RS4 / S5 always get spanked by BMW M3 / 335.
Look how lame the S5 performs. Lost or barely even to a "one wheel drive" 335 on shity tires. I guess the "quattro" was broken during that test
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #121
footie
Major General
footie's Avatar
No_Country
154
Rep
7,507
Posts

 
Drives: ????????????
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: BMW M3 will get a V6TT

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
I am not sure how to quantify or demonstrate the M6's handling by words. All I can say is that it is bulky on the road but feels very nimble at high speeds on the track.

You should try it.
I haven't tried the M6, only M5 which up to a point impressed me but I felt that the engine was the main character in the whole thing and dominated everything, it's one of those occasions when a slight front weight balance and 500hp going solely to the rear felt like a bad idea. Unlike the M3 the M5 you know there was a point when the chassis said enough was enough.

I can't knock the thing for the speed it's capable of, because there is few cars can gather speed as quickly but to me the chassis isn't one of BMW's finest. I reckon if BMW had given the M5 and M6 the new X-Drive out of the X6 then we wouldn't be having this debate at all because I would probably be praising it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E9Rice
He probably hasn't or wont, but just likes to talk smack because his beloved RS4 / S5 always get spanked by BMW M3 / 335.
Look how lame the S5 performs. Lost or barely even to a "one wheel drive" 335 on shity tires. I guess the "quattro" was broken during that test
So you happen to drive a one wheel drive car do you, it wouldn't happen to be a scooter would it. Because most of what you say would lead me to believe you don't actually hold a license.

Is there ever anything that you bring to the table that isn't gibberish, I think when someone described you as T-Bone's whipping boy they got it right.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #122
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
51
Rep
2,004
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I haven't tried the M6, only M5 which up to a point impressed me but I felt that the engine was the main character in the whole thing and dominated everything, it's one of those occasions when a slight front weight balance and 500hp going solely to the rear felt like a bad idea. Unlike the M3 the M5 you know there was a point when the chassis said enough was enough.

I can't knock the thing for the speed it's capable of, because there is few cars can gather speed as quickly but to me the chassis isn't one of BMW's finest. I reckon if BMW had given the M5 and M6 the new X-Drive out of the X6 then we wouldn't be having this debate at all because I would probably be praising it.



So you happen to drive a one wheel drive car do you, it wouldn't happen to be a scooter would it. Because most of what you say would lead me to believe you don't actually hold a license.

Is there ever anything that you bring to the table that isn't gibberish, I think when someone described you as T-Bone's whipping boy they got it right.
Can you ever bring FACTS to the table, besides junk?

Has nothing to do with T-Bone. Him and I share the same "love" for Audis. In others words we both think they suck ass.
This was also proved by countless tests.

Have you ever seen the RS4 or S5 win anything in a performance test against a competitor? Nope.
The RS4 lost even to the C63. In every category. It even lost to a ML63, a truck.

But i'm happy you didn't go with BMW. It's not the right car for you. It's a drivers car.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 12:32 AM   #123
T Bone
Brigadier General
T Bone's Avatar
143
Rep
4,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
I haven't tried the M6, only M5 which up to a point impressed me but I felt that the engine was the main character in the whole thing and dominated everything, it's one of those occasions when a slight front weight balance and 500hp going solely to the rear felt like a bad idea. Unlike the M3 the M5 you know there was a point when the chassis said enough was enough.

You REALLY need to drive the M5 / M6 on the track. As I stated, I readily admit my car is clunky on the road but 3rd gear in the power band, it is an awesome car on the track.

With the M differential, you can easily throttle steer with the M5 / M6 - the car feels very neutral on the track. BMW definitely dialed in understeer but this is to prevent people with no talent from killing themselves.

You noted that the engine is the center of the driving experience.....there is nothing wrong with this is there? Take it on the track and you will feel the engineering that went into the drivetrain and chassis.

BTW, the M6 weighs about the same as my 335xi and only slightly heavier than the new M3....
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 05:21 AM   #124
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
Tobizach's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
353
Posts

 
Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeB View Post
for being so sensitive to sensible "criticisms" on "your forum" you readily hand them out - including calling me a clown, noob and questioning my living in Berkeley - for your information, not that its any of your business, Im from Southern California and am up here working at the UC. Does that make me metrosexual and materialistic now?

As I am new to this forum, I hope you are the exception and not the rule.
Welcome to the site and yes "they" are the exception. Just put posters like those on your ignore list..

I do, LOL! For example on some threads? I sometimes see this down the whole length of the page:
__________________________________________________ _______________

This message is hidden because **** is on your ignore list.
__________________________________________________ _______________


Works great
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 09:16 AM   #125
gonzo
Brigadier General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
128
Rep
4,994
Posts

 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
Welcome to the site and yes "they" are the exception. Just put posters like those on your ignore list..

I do, LOL! For example on some threads? I sometimes see this down the whole length of the page:
__________________________________________________ _______________

This message is hidden because **** is on your ignore list.
__________________________________________________ _______________


Works great
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 10:05 AM   #126
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
ArmyBimmerDude's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,504
Posts

 
Drives: Lola
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Georgia

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ArmyBimmerDude Send a message via Yahoo to ArmyBimmerDude
How did a 335 vs 350z thread turn into a Audi vs M5/6 thread of all things? lol
__________________
2007 E92 Montego Blue 335i
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #127
gonzo
Brigadier General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
128
Rep
4,994
Posts

 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Because this place has turned into a kindergarten.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 11:44 AM   #128
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
Crimson92's Avatar
United_States
299
Rep
28,647
Posts

 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Because this place has turned into a kindergarten.
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #129
T Bone
Brigadier General
T Bone's Avatar
143
Rep
4,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Because this place has turned into a kindergarten.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
Welcome to the site and yes "they" are the exception. Just put posters like those on your ignore list..

Works great

Because the

__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #130
OverDrive
CHEAT TO WIN!!
OverDrive's Avatar
Canada
24
Rep
1,328
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Pssahhh, Audis are the ultimate fashion accessories for the metrosexual who hates driving. Doesn't everyone share this view?
+1000
________
CHRYSLER HORIZON HISTORY
________
Bmw R32 History
________
LovelyWendie
________
Prilosec Lawsuit Info

Last edited by OverDrive; 04-14-2011 at 09:00 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 06:35 PM   #131
T Bone
Brigadier General
T Bone's Avatar
143
Rep
4,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDrive View Post
+1000

You need to state your opinion in a SERIOUS, non-confrontational, humorless and witless manner or else you will be accused of being my side-kick.

We all know the Internet is a Serious Business!

__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #132
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Vince@ V K Motorwerks's Avatar
51
Rep
1,739
Posts

 
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bloomingdale, IL

iTrader: (0)

I just ran a 2007 350Z about a month ago, I used my by-pass plugs and returned the car to stock and then raced him, it was a close race I beat him by about 2 cars from 0-120ish. Now when I had V1.47 he got raped.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST