BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #45
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i4u2nv View Post
335i FTW! y ask this question on a BMW forum???
because im not a badge whore and not affraid to like other cars, unlike some people
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #46
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
please explain how its better. faster maybe but better? thats subjective
it's better because it offers a complete package. it had the best of both worlds: performance (straigth line/track/moddability) and luxury/comfort/style/class.

sure, it costs more money...but that wasn't the question.
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #47
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

luxury I will give you that

but the Z does have leather, it has a great body. handling is better out of the box. it has a high revving v6, with 306 hp , tq is a bit low but it makes up for it up top. it is not slow. Mod potential is there, much more than out cars.

The class argument is unfair because they are two different cars, one is a sports car, the other is a sporty coupe

and best of all....the Z has a lsd
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #48
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
 
Drives: 08' 328i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 90036

Posts: 2,396
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
The class argument is unfair because they are two different cars, one is a sports car, the other is a sporty coupe

and best of all....the Z has a lsd
Exactly.

One is a luxury brand sports car.

The other is just a sports car. Nothing more to it.

As far as who's faster? Unless I see two pros racing the cars(all stock) in a straight line and around a track compiling accurate data from their computers, it's all he-say-she-say.
Los Angeles is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #49
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

well to be fair in a straight line race i believe the 3er will be a little faster....but there is no skill involved in a straight line...how bout we let them go play at willow springs same driver as see the outcome.
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #50
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
luxury I will give you that

but the Z does have leather, it has a great body. handling is better out of the box. it has a high revving v6, with 306 hp , tq is a bit low but it makes up for it up top. it is not slow. Mod potential is there, much more than out cars.
The class argument is unfair because they are two different cars, one is a sports car, the other is a sporty coupe

and best of all....the Z has a lsd
I disagree. A FI engine will always have much more tuning potential.

Any NA engine can be modded with FI, but that is usually very expensive.

Can you get 80-90 whp from the 350z WITHOUT FI? I don't think so....
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 05:09 PM   #51
Flea7
Captain
 
Flea7's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT / E90 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Emerald City

Posts: 868
iTrader: (5)

For me I don't care how fast the 350z is...it is ASS ugly!
Flea7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #52
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea7 View Post
For me I don't care how fast the 350z is...it is ASS ugly!
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #53
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

the e90 looks like a turd...is that saying much?

if youre not going to add anything use full dont add anything

e90ice you didnt say engine tuning, notice i said mod potential which extends to everything not just engine
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #54
Flea7
Captain
 
Flea7's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT / E90 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Emerald City

Posts: 868
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
the e90 looks like a turd...is that saying much?

if youre not going to add anything use full dont add anything

e90ice you didnt say engine tuning, notice i said mod potential which extends to everything not just engine
Your taking this way to seriously Crimson.

I thought my response was very useful in comparing the 2 cars!
350z=ASS
Flea7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #55
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

i dont think im taking it too seriously...im just sick of some people who think bmw>all. Its kinda getting old
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 06:38 PM   #56
Flea7
Captain
 
Flea7's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT / E90 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Emerald City

Posts: 868
iTrader: (5)

I know what you mean and I understand
I'm not one of those people.
Flea7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #57
Flea7
Captain
 
Flea7's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT / E90 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Emerald City

Posts: 868
iTrader: (5)

I honestly don't like the looks of the 350z or the performance. The gear box sux and the interior is plastic.

I like the 300zx of old when the v6 twin turbo was offered and the build was better. Nissan went down hill from there....better yet I love the first 240's
My brother in-law has a 07 350z convert. with a Stillen SC. It's OK ...I do like the convert. better .

Oh, and he lost to a 335 step because he doesn't know how to drive....3 times from a roll.

I also think comparing the 2 is like comparing apples and oranges.
Flea7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #58
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknick View Post
Yeah well can't argue with that now can I?
Of course not, it is an immutable law of nature that the 335 > 350Z. Glad we agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
please explain how its better. faster maybe but better? thats subjective
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
i dont think im taking it too seriously...im just sick of some people who think bmw>all. Its kinda getting old

Oh I don't know build quality, ride, luxury, road feel, materials..... Ever open up that central storage thing in the 350Z..... Hyundai can do better.

Don't be a self-hater, nothing worse.

Name another car company that can package all the goods like BMW. I haven't found one and I have owned / driven almost every brand.
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:09 PM   #59
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Of course not, it is an immutable law of nature that the 335 > 350Z. Glad we agree!






Oh I don't know build quality, ride, luxury, road feel, materials..... Ever open up that central storage thing in the 350Z..... Hyundai can do better.

Don't be a self-hater, nothing worse.

Name another car company that can package all the goods like BMW. I haven't found one and I have owned / driven almost every brand.
Amen, brother!
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #60
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

lol i cant talk to people who dont listen....badge whores are funny....
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:15 PM   #61
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
lol i cant talk to people who dont listen....badge whores are funny....

And I can't understand self-haters. You accuse people of being brand whores and you have a BMW and MB?

Package, performance, luxury, feel, materials are why BMW is awesome. You have no refute for this do you?
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #62
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

dont misunderstand me....if it wasnt for the engine i wouldnt be driving a bmw....if you knew what i am paying for my benz you would have one as well

...yes i will hand it to you that bmw does have a nice package...but they have flaws like every other car...

im not self hating i just refuse to align myself with any one brand
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #63
Flea7
Captain
 
Flea7's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 6MT / E90 328i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Emerald City

Posts: 868
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Of course not, it is an immutable law of nature that the 335 > 350Z. Glad we agree!






Oh I don't know build quality, ride, luxury, road feel, materials..... Ever open up that central storage thing in the 350Z..... Hyundai can do better.

Don't be a self-hater, nothing worse.

Name another car company that can package all the goods like BMW. I haven't found one and I have owned / driven almost every brand.


It hard to argue with this!
Flea7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:40 PM   #64
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
dont misunderstand me....if it wasnt for the engine i wouldnt be driving a bmw....if you knew what i am paying for my benz you would have one as well
...yes i will hand it to you that bmw does have a nice package...but they have flaws like every other car...

im not self hating i just refuse to align myself with any one brand
No, i wouldn't. Because I simply doesn't like the way they drive and look. But that doesn't make me or anyone else, a badge whore.

People have likes and dislikes. We are all here on this board because we have a passion for BMW. SO just because some people think the 350z is ugly doesn't make them a badge whore.
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:44 PM   #65
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
 
Crimson92's Avatar
 
Drives: Like a boss
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Whales Vagina

Posts: 28,621
iTrader: (3)

your comment on the 350z being ugly isnt what sparked this debate, tbone seems to think bmw is god...and hey if thats what you wanna think well then say hi to easter bunny for me
__________________
Quote:
Some people are like slinkies...not really good for much but you can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs"
Crimson92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #66
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
your comment on the 350z being ugly isnt what sparked this debate, tbone seems to think bmw is god...and hey if thats what you wanna think well then say hi to easter bunny for me
Whats wrong with thinking that? Thats just like loving your children/spouse more than anything else. Same thing with cars. It's your baby and you think it the best, weather it is or not. Unconditional love. Am i making any sense?
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST