BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
GT Haus
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #1
Dleo
Brigadier General
 
Dleo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 X5
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NYC

Posts: 3,357
iTrader: (2)

MAN vs WILD...

Everytime I watch the Discovery channel and see a commerical for this show, i keep thinking to myself, "One day WILD is going to kick MAN's ass"

Who agree's?
__________________
Dleo is offline   Cyprus
0
Reply With Quote
      12-19-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Not that mans ass. All of his stuff is staged, he is never in any real danger. The crew often helps him build things and stuff, and a lot of the "nasty" things he eats are pre-prepared, and pre-foraged. He's a joke really. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_vs_wild#Criticism

Survivorman on the other hand, his camera crew is actually miles away from him and he sets the cameras up himself. He is often in real danger and actually does everything himself, including walking to set up a camera, walking away for the shot, and then walking back to retrieve it. So you could say he does twice the work you actually see.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 12:17 AM   #3
Year's_End
RWD only.
 
Year's_End's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL

Posts: 12,199
iTrader: (0)

Man vs Wild is fake, so he's in no real danger (there's even a disclaimer before the show starts now lol). However, Bear is awesome to watch, and I still give him credit for doing what he does.

I don't care if it's fake or not, but voluntarily jumping in freezing water to show us what it's like is definitely kudos-worthy in my book.
__________________
E92 335i: Space Grey|Coral Red|Aluminum Trim

Future Ride: 2015 Mustang GT Premium |Guard|401A|PP|Recaros|6MT
Year's_End is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 12:19 AM   #4
leeJ
Private
 
leeJ's Avatar
 
Drives: ...
Join Date: May 2006
Location: frisco, ca

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Not that mans ass. All of his stuff is staged, he is never in any real danger. The crew often helps him build things and stuff, and a lot of the "nasty" things he eats are pre-prepared, and pre-foraged. He's a joke really. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_vs_wild#Criticism

Survivorman on the other hand, his camera crew is actually miles away from him and he sets the cameras up himself. He is often in real danger and actually does everything himself, including walking to set up a camera, walking away for the shot, and then walking back to retrieve it. So you could say he does twice the work you actually see.
did you see the episode where survivorman finds a car filled with water, coffee, peanut butter, etc in the the desert? he is not too real either
leeJ is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 12:59 AM   #5
jhv
Lieutenant General
 
jhv's Avatar
 
Drives: Every Day
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 17,306
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeJ View Post
did you see the episode where survivorman finds a car filled with water, coffee, peanut butter, etc in the the desert? he is not too real either
wtf lol
whoa i just went to 'go advanced' and sweeeeet new smilies
jhv is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 01:55 AM   #6
BMWE90
Major
 
BMWE90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 1,153
iTrader: (1)

None of these reality shows are actually 100% real. No network would actually want to put a human in real danger (unless they're stuntmen and they understand the risks and have the knowledge to perform whatever it is that they are doing). Regardless, I still enjoy watching Man vs Wild.
BMWE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 02:31 AM   #7
Gearcraft
misadventurer
 
Gearcraft's Avatar
 
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: candied island

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

the guy is more like a stuntman. regardless of it being staged at many parts, its still enjoyable to watch.

there's another survival show called "Manhunt" in the military channel. check it out. a group of 5 or 6 people hunting down a veteran from the british air force in different scenarios.
__________________
325i I SP
Gearcraft is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #8
335vince
Private
 
Drives: You Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oakland CA

Posts: 74
iTrader: (2)

I hate you all, next thing I know you'll be telling me Santa isn't real.
Seriously though, I love that show, real or not>
335vince is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 03:44 AM   #9
Gearcraft
misadventurer
 
Gearcraft's Avatar
 
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: candied island

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

^ santa is real. its just he's dead now. you should see the picture of a child crying upon seeing santa's tomb stone. lol
__________________
325i I SP
Gearcraft is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #10
O-cha
Brigadier General
 
O-cha's Avatar
 
Drives: Mcoupe
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: In front of you

Posts: 4,729
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to O-cha
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWE90 View Post
None of these reality shows are actually 100% real. No network would actually want to put a human in real danger (unless they're stuntmen and they understand the risks and have the knowledge to perform whatever it is that they are doing). Regardless, I still enjoy watching Man vs Wild.
They do to survivorman.
__________________
O-cha is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Jay_328's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 e92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 1,596
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335vince View Post
I hate you all, next thing I know you'll be telling me Santa isn't real.
Santa's real, got shot on Nip/ Tuck last night! ...little kid sat on his knee, told him he was pissed about not getting his Nintendo last year then he put a cap in his ass!
__________________
Jay_328 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 10:50 PM   #12
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Bear is a clown. Reminds me of Jamie Oliver. Sensationalist.

Every eposide I watch, he ends up climbing some rock....because if you climb, you can survive
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 11:04 PM   #13
Spool
******
 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (24)

Most of his stunts are staged...and in an episode you can see him wearing a raft underneath his sweatshirt when he swam across the lake...no way the network let him put himself in danger like that...


But it is T.V and it is entertaining, i'm a fan of the show...the man has accomplished a lot during his career, crossing the north sea in a freakin raft, submitted Everest, and para glide over it as well...
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Spool is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #14
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,340
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Most of his stunts are staged...and in an episode you can see him wearing a raft underneath his sweatshirt when he swam across the lake...no way the network let him put himself in danger like that...


But it is T.V and it is entertaining, i'm a fan of the show...the man has accomplished a lot during his career, crossing the north sea in a freakin raft, submitted Everest, and para glide over it as well...
did you watch bears mission everest? I hope that shit wasn't staged
ejazbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 11:16 PM   #15
Spool
******
 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
did you watch bears mission everest? I hope that shit wasn't staged

I didn't see it, just heard about it...he ate camel shit and goat testicles...that's entertainment
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Spool is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 11:24 PM   #16
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Pro Wrestling is real...........someone give me a chair shot!
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2007, 11:48 PM   #17
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,340
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
I didn't see it, just heard about it...he ate camel shit and goat testicles...that's entertainment
it was pretty crazy they actually had a camera on his back so you could get the view he was seeing so I'd like to believe its real......and some of the crap he eats is just nasty
ejazbmw is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 04:05 AM   #18
Gearcraft
misadventurer
 
Gearcraft's Avatar
 
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: candied island

Posts: 708
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
Pro Wrestling is real...........someone give me a chair shot!
lol. my friend said he got depressed when he first learned that pro wrestling is fake.
__________________
325i I SP
Gearcraft is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #19
T Bone
Brigadier General
 
T Bone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

Posts: 4,021
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearcraft View Post
lol. my friend said he got depressed when he first learned that pro wrestling is fake.

WAIT!! Pro wrestling is fake??? Come on!! What's your proof???
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
T Bone is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #20
OC 335i
General
 
OC 335i's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335D E90
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Irvine/Aliso Viejo, CA

Posts: 18,119
iTrader: (9)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to OC 335i Send a message via MSN to OC 335i
Staged or not. If most of us tried what they were doing we'd be in the hospital,.
__________________

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
OC 335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 01:31 AM   #21
Neurorad
Major
 
Neurorad's Avatar
 
Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location, Location

Posts: 1,209
iTrader: (0)

This thread reminds me of the new movie 'Into the Wild', where wild kicks man's ass. Good song 'Hard Sun', by Eddie Vedder, from the soundtrack has been getting a lot of air play locally.
Neurorad is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #22
antongk
Private
 
antongk's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 328xi e92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: michigan

Posts: 74
iTrader: (0)

lol... fake!
antongk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST