BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-21-2007, 01:27 AM   #45
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
If only it wasn't so god damn ugly!
have you seen the car in person?

the GT-R was one of the hottest car at the show......

the 2008 M3(coupe and sedan) looked like a family car compare to the GT-R....
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #46
jworms
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 99 E36 M3, 07 328i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Posts: 256
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAnt826 View Post
I think it has already been concluded that the GT-R out handles the E92 M3. It already does the Nurburgring almost 30 seconds faster.

30 seconds. Even the 335i vs E92M3 wasn't that huge of a gap.
wait for sport auto to produce their nurburgring laptimes for the GT-R. i guarantee you it will be significantly less than a 30 second gap when they do.
jworms is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 02:04 AM   #47
Zareh123
New Member
 
Zareh123's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Glendale, CA

Posts: 13
iTrader: (0)

oh god!
Zareh123 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #48
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell2nr View Post
the last thing bowed around me was a female,she woke up with a sore butt the next morning
haha you too? Hey whatever shes the one that said "i wanna try it, maybe i'll like it"
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 03:16 AM   #49
ojungoon
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: GTA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (1)

so many badge whores here!
bmw can never bow down to nissan...
Cause its "bmw"!!!

U guys happy?
ojungoon is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 03:33 AM   #50
De90man
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 350
iTrader: (1)

I heard the developers of GT-R boast: "Any car, any time (the GT-R will beat it)."

...and believe them.

The GT-Rs performance is so beyond BMWs design brief. The GT-R is the fastest production car in the world around the Nurburgring. As fast as a Posrche GT (not on sale any longer). And it's 0-60 times are in Enzo/Veyron range It's traction...enough said

BMW will have to sit this one out.

Plus, they have Merc's C63 to catch
De90man is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 04:33 AM   #51
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by De90man View Post
I heard the developers of GT-R boast: "Any car, any time (the GT-R will beat it)."

...and believe them.

The GT-Rs performance is so beyond BMWs design brief. The GT-R is the fastest production car in the world around the Nurburgring. As fast as a Posrche GT (not on sale any longer). And it's 0-60 times are in Enzo/Veyron range It's traction...enough said

BMW will have to sit this one out.

Plus, they have Merc's C63 to catch
omg, your a genies! Thank you so much for stating that so perfectly!
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 05:41 AM   #52
phrozen06
NA V8
 
phrozen06's Avatar
 
Drives: 01 330ci, 08 M3 DCT, 08 VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 3927'33"N 7758'04"W W. Virgina, Kansas

Posts: 1,486
iTrader: (1)

Since there are spy pics of BMW Boosting the E60 ///M5, so i'm going to assume that BMW will also Boost it's ///M3 also.
__________________
phrozen06 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #53
BimmerZealot
Major
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 1,175
iTrader: (2)

I like how a majority of the "OMG Nissan so FAAASSSTTTT" and "Nissan 0-60 this, HP that, blah blah" are non-BMW owners. See OP and first responder. Straight up calling you guys out, dont start a thread bashing the badge on a BMW forum when you dont own one in the first place. If you want to go to S2ki and post something like that be my guest.

If horsepower and pure 0-60 numbers were all BMW drivers cared about then for the same price we could buy an Evo/Sti and mod the crap out of it and run 9's right? We choose the cars we drive for a reason and thats to be arrogant sons of b*tches take it or leave it.

Also this WHOLE argument is identical to the Evo/Sti vs. BMW 3-Series vs. G35 argument. They are two DIFFERENT classes of cars. You drive a BMW and you drive a Nissan at the end of the day that's that, there is no arguing about that. Speed, horsepower, track domination thats all great; but, in the end it's apples and oranges. The E30/E36/E46 M3 have ALL been ICONs in the automotive scene for years and I dont see the E92/E90 M3 being any different.

My 0.02
BimmerZealot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 06:28 AM   #54
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
I like how a majority of the "OMG Nissan so FAAASSSTTTT" and "Nissan 0-60 this, HP that, blah blah" are non-BMW owners. See OP and first responder. Straight up calling you guys out, dont start a thread bashing the badge on a BMW forum when you dont own one in the first place. If you want to go to S2ki and post something like that be my guest.

If horsepower and pure 0-60 numbers were all BMW drivers cared about then for the same price we could buy an Evo/Sti and mod the crap out of it and run 9's right? We choose the cars we drive for a reason and thats to be arrogant sons of b*tches take it or leave it.

Also this WHOLE argument is identical to the Evo/Sti vs. BMW 3-Series vs. G35 argument. They are two DIFFERENT classes of cars. You drive a BMW and you drive a Nissan at the end of the day that's that, there is no arguing about that. Speed, horsepower, track domination thats all great; but, in the end it's apples and oranges. The E30/E36/E46 M3 have ALL been ICONs in the automotive scene for years and I dont see the E92/E90 M3 being any different.

My 0.02
your .02 cents is worht 1,000 to me!!! Well said man!!
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 07:19 AM   #55
gonzo
Brigadier General
 
gonzo's Avatar
 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

Posts: 4,980
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
omg, your a genies! Thank you so much for stating that so perfectly!
...
Attached Images
 
__________________
Crazy Diamond
gonzo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 11:24 AM   #56
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
 
Hawkeye's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

Posts: 3,594
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
If horsepower and pure 0-60 numbers were all BMW drivers cared about then for the same price we could buy an Evo/Sti and mod the crap out of it and run 9's right?

I disagree. I see the Evo and such as high school/college cars. As long as it looks like a post college car I think it is up for these comparisons. I wouldn't get an Sti solely because I don't want to look like I am still in college. I got my Z for the handling and I would love to be able to afford a GT-R
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe 6 MT Black Saphire Metallic PP SP Heated M Seats Clutch Stop Stubby
2008 R6 Raven Black GPR Steering Stabilizer Comp Werks FE Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed 4x4 Line-X
Hawkeye is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 04:50 PM   #57
BimmerZealot
Major
 
Drives: 2014 Subaru WRX
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Diego, California

Posts: 1,175
iTrader: (2)

True it is slightly above an Evo/Sti in terms of class but most arguments are based on its sheer power, AWD, etc. It was just a general example of the class difference. I'm sure there are non-high school/college cars that can be modded to be ridiculously fast for not too much coin as well.
BimmerZealot is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 05:20 PM   #58
E90ice
Banned
 
E90ice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

Posts: 2,004
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
I like how a majority of the "OMG Nissan so FAAASSSTTTT" and "Nissan 0-60 this, HP that, blah blah" are non-BMW owners. See OP and first responder. Straight up calling you guys out, dont start a thread bashing the badge on a BMW forum when you dont own one in the first place. If you want to go to S2ki and post something like that be my guest.

If horsepower and pure 0-60 numbers were all BMW drivers cared about then for the same price we could buy an Evo/Sti and mod the crap out of it and run 9's right? We choose the cars we drive for a reason and thats to be arrogant sons of b*tches take it or leave it.

Also this WHOLE argument is identical to the Evo/Sti vs. BMW 3-Series vs. G35 argument. They are two DIFFERENT classes of cars. You drive a BMW and you drive a Nissan at the end of the day that's that, there is no arguing about that. Speed, horsepower, track domination thats all great; but, in the end it's apples and oranges. The E30/E36/E46 M3 have ALL been ICONs in the automotive scene for years and I dont see the E92/E90 M3 being any different.

My 0.02
+100000
__________________
E90ice is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #59
ojungoon
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: GTA

Posts: 323
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerZealot View Post
I like how a majority of the "OMG Nissan so FAAASSSTTTT" and "Nissan 0-60 this, HP that, blah blah" are non-BMW owners. See OP and first responder. Straight up calling you guys out, dont start a thread bashing the badge on a BMW forum when you dont own one in the first place. If you want to go to S2ki and post something like that be my guest.

If horsepower and pure 0-60 numbers were all BMW drivers cared about then for the same price we could buy an Evo/Sti and mod the crap out of it and run 9's right? We choose the cars we drive for a reason and thats to be arrogant sons of b*tches take it or leave it.

Also this WHOLE argument is identical to the Evo/Sti vs. BMW 3-Series vs. G35 argument. They are two DIFFERENT classes of cars. You drive a BMW and you drive a Nissan at the end of the day that's that, there is no arguing about that. Speed, horsepower, track domination thats all great; but, in the end it's apples and oranges. The E30/E36/E46 M3 have ALL been ICONs in the automotive scene for years and I dont see the E92/E90 M3 being any different.

My 0.02
Not trying to bash you or anything...
but you have to give credit when credit is due!!!
No one's saying that the E90/92 M3's are bad vehicles but compared to Nissan GTR...
Nissan GTR >>> M3's (Performance, bang for $ etc...)

By the way not all BMW drivers are arrogant Sons of B*tches like you...
Some people actually enjoy and give compliments when they see a fine vehicles.
ojungoon is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 12:24 AM   #60
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dubai, UAE

Posts: 296
iTrader: (0)

In the end it is a nissan and a very ugly one at that.

If I were to spend $70K + on a car it would either be German, Italian or British.

No way am I spending that much on a super-ricer.
zetaxi165 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 12:44 AM   #61
A418t81
Major
 
Drives: F80 M3/997TT
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Birmingham Al

Posts: 1,306
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
After busting a modded 335 or E92 M3's ass, I'd have no problems mouthing "its just a Nissan" to the guy in the BMW. Get over yourselves.
__________________
'15 AW/SO F80 M3 6MT: IND cosmetic package, Gloss black grill surrounds, Macht schnell 15mm spacers all around, 3M crystalline
07 997 TT 6MT, Arctic Silver/Sea Blue: AWE exhaust, GIAC flash, H&R, 19" BBS CH-R in widebody fitment
A418t81 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 12:45 AM   #62
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

at the end of the day......

you'll be sleeping tight with a GT-R......(thank god it's made by Nissan!)

or with a M3(Barry Bond/Roger Clemens 3 series)......

Either way......it's all good.
__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 12:57 AM   #63
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
...
i dont get it
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 01:09 AM   #64
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A418t81 View Post
After busting a modded 335 or E92 M3's ass, I'd have no problems mouthing "its just a Nissan" to the guy in the BMW. Get over yourselves.
seriously HAHA, this thread is A JOKE.

The f**king GT R has some of the fastest times around the Ring, leaves z06's in the dust in the quarter mile, and is lighting fast through the cones............

And where the hell does the M3 come into play?, or ANY BMW except their F1 car (which would kill almost any production and most race cars), compete with this?
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 01:11 AM   #65
Neema
Major General
 
Neema's Avatar
 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 7,224
iTrader: (12)

So the proper question you should have asked was, "Will the M3's performance bow to the Nissan GTR's? The answer is- HELL YES

Or "Will the M3's fit and finish compete with the Nissan GTR? The answer is NO
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Neema is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-22-2007, 03:49 AM   #66
Remonster
Captain
 
Drives: M3 6MT VT2-625 - 335is DCT
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 941
iTrader: (0)

The thing I don't understand is, just because they cost the same amount of money does not mean the GT-R is a competitor to the M3. Yes the GT-R is a lot faster (admit it, it's quite a lot faster and this coming from a die hard BMW fan) but the M3 was never meant to compete with it and to be honest, only a very small percentage of buyers would be considering both cars in my opinion.

I just can't see myself (having the money of course) ever having trouble deciding between the E92 M3 or the new GT-R, call me crazy but they just seem like such completely different cars. I have to give Nissan props for succeeding in their goal of beating the 911 Turbo performance wise in the same way that you have to give BMW props for building a car that competes quite favorably with its competitors (or rivals) which are the C63 AMG and Audi RS4.

Nissan's new GT-R is a ridiculous price to performance ratio bargain, what a surprise because all past GT-Rs have done exactly that.

I guess my point in all this is the ///M3 is and will continue to be a huge legend and the GT-R is and will continue to be a huge legend and they exist in two different arenas.

If you think the GT-R and M3 are competitors, that's fine I'm just saying I don't see it that way.
Remonster is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:39 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST