BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

01-23-2008, 08:53 PM   #155
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
The Real Romney?

offTopic - politics - ChoppedPhoto
scottwww is offline   United_States
      01-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #156
scottwww
Brigadier General

Countdown w/Keith-Romney & Senator Larry Craig
      01-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #157
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD

Drives: 2006 E90

no more religious freaks.......
      01-23-2008, 10:31 PM   #158
scottwww
Brigadier General

Among other things, these videos explain why some people have black skin.

Cartoon banned by the Mormon church
[u2b]zy0d1HbItOo&NR[/u2b]

Story of Mormonism - Real Mormon theology revealed

Last edited by scottwww; 01-23-2008 at 10:53 PM.
      01-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #159
scottwww
Brigadier General

Can you believe him? Which one of his views can you believe? He used to say in no uncertain way that "I will preserve and protect a woman's right to choose." He was absolutely and unmistakably commited to this position, but he would not accept the label "pro-choice." I previously linked to the video over here.

Now here's a recent interview.

Mitt Romney Melts Down/Implodes Over Mormonism Questions

Part 1

Part 2

He knows leaders in his church that are pro-choice. Apparently Mormonism doesn't condemn abortion? I'm confused. Listen to him spin his web. You should be confused just listening to him.

He was a Bishop and a State President of the Mormon Church in his state. Does that qualify him as a Mormon Leader?

This guy is a con artist. He isn't just pro-choice or pro-life. He is multiple choice. But he sure denies it well.
      01-23-2008, 11:10 PM   #160
scottwww
Brigadier General

In part of this video it gave me an "aha" moment. One of the guys I used to work with once mentioned that he takes a bath every night. I thought that was rather odd since most people take a shower most of the time. I just shrugged it off as odd. But it may be related to their magic underwear. I guess it would be difficult to hold onto your underwear if you are in the shower.

What is the Mormon garment? Apparently it's tied to Freemasonry.

Magic mormon underwear
      01-23-2008, 11:36 PM   #161
scottwww
Brigadier General

Is this a time when McCain is right on the issue?

McCain Runs Through Mitt Romney's Liberal Laundry List
      01-28-2008, 01:16 PM   #162
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
There are a number of questions in this thread that you have ducked that are far more relevant than asking about a president's kids. (Was Reagan a bad president because his daughter Maureen Elizabeth Reagan was an abortionist and his son Ronald Prescott Reagan is a liberal atheist?) If you want to bring kids into this, then that's your business.

The influence of a person's religion on their potential presidency is relevant.

I have asked questions in this thread that are relevant to ask about the degree to which a Mormon U.S. President would be subject to the the LDS Prophet (Gordon B. Hinckley 1995-present) and the LDS First Presidency.

Mitt Romney wears the Mormon garments (underwear). He is subject to the direction of the LDS Prophet. Who is the Senior Apostle in the Quorum of Twelve Apostles and what does he believe? This is relevant because he will succeed Hinckley who leads Romney.

What is the relationship between Masons and Mormons?
Mormon church president Gordon Hinckley dead at 97
14 hours ago

CASPER, United States (AFP) — Mormon church President Gordon Hinckley, who dedicated his life to expanding the group's reach overseas, died in Salt Lake City, Utah, late Sunday at the age of 97, the church announced.

A statement released by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as Mormons officially call themselves, said Hinckley had passed away at his apartment in downtown Salt Lake City at 7:00 pm "from causes incident to age." It did not elaborate.

"Members of his family were at his bedside," the statement added. "A successor is not expected to be formally chosen by the Church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles until after President Hinckley's funeral within the next few days."

But if tradition is followed, 81-year-old Thomas Monson, the senior member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, will take over as president.
Hinckley, considered a prophet by church members, had served as president since March 1995.

01-28-2008, 08:57 PM   #163
scottwww
Brigadier General

This would seem to be as toned down a response as the prophet of the LDS church could muster before the public. Obviously he had an answer that he didn't want to discuss with the public.

Gordon Hinckley on Why Blacks Were Denied the LDS Priesthood

The un-cut version of this video is found here.

01-31-2008, 02:42 PM   #164
scottwww
Brigadier General

PeterfromNH had a pretty good list of where Willard (Slick Willy) Mitt Romney stands on many issues.
Quote:
#186 Jan. 31, 2008 - 8:57 AM EST

Romney honest? NEVER! Romney a conservative? Only when running for president!

Abortion rights
"I will preserve and protect a woman's right to choose and am devoted and dedicated to honoring my word in that regard."
Boston Herald Debate, 10/29/02

"Roe v. Wade continues to work its destructive logic throughout our society This can't continue."
Speech to the Massachusetts Citizens For Life Mother's Day Pioneer Valley Dinner, 5/10/07

Immigration reform
"With these 11 million people [here illegally], let's have them registered, know who they are....those that are here paying taxes and not taking government benefits should begin a process towards application for citizenship."
Lowell Sun, 3/30/06

"One simple rule: no amnesty.If that [Kennedy-McCain bill] is not a form of amnesty, I don't know what is."
New York Times, 6/4/07

Gun laws
"We do have tough gun laws in Massachusetts; I support them. I won't chip away at them; I believe they protect us and provide for our safety."
Romney in 2002 gov. debate, Boston Globe, 1/14/07

"I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself. I'm a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms."
Boston Globe, 1/14/07

Amendment to ban gay marriage
"Mitt does not support it...As far as Mitt is concerned, it goes farther than current law, and therefore it's unnecessary."
Romney spokesman, Boston Globe, 3/22/02

"When I was Governor, we took every conceivable step within the law to stop, block or slow down this unprecedented court decision."
Speech to National Right to Life Convention, 6/15/07

"No new taxes" pledge
"I'm not intending to, at this stage, sign a document which would prevent me from being able to look specifically at the revenue needs of the commonwealth"
Associated Press, 3/27/02

"Signing the pledge now sends a very clear message to those in Washington who have voted against tax relief and for tax hikes that such actions will never grow our regional and national economies."
Romney spokesman, Boston Globe, 1/5/07

Minimum wage
"I think the minimum wage ought to keep pace with inflation. I think the minimum wage is a good thing to have in our economy and I think it ought to be updated."
Boston Globe, 10/17/94

"[T]he challenge with raising the minimum wage excessively is it is a hurt to those that are entering the work force, the very poor, those that are trying to get early jobs, get those first jobs."
Associated Press, 7/25/06

Cutting Social Security
"I don't think you go back and rewrite the contract the government has with people who've retired."
Boston Globe, 10/17/94
"Personal accounts would be a big plus."... [Romney]also said changing the retirement age could be considered, as well as basing the Social Security cost of living adjustment on a different inflation gauge.
Union Leader, 6/7/07

Adoption non-discrimination
Governor Mitt Romney and a legislative leader yesterday delivered unwelcome news to the Catholic bishops of Massachusetts, who plan to seek permission from the state to exclude gay and lesbian parents from adopting children through its social service agencies. The governor said he was not authorized to give such an exemption...
Boston Globe, 2/17/06

"And then another slide along the slippery slope. The Catholic Church was forced to end its adoption service, which was crucial in helping the state find homes for some of our most difficult to place children... Now, even religious freedom was being trumped by the new-found 'right' of gay marriage."
Speech to National Right to Life Convention, 6/15/07

Stem cell research
[Romney]endorsed embryonic stem cell research, saying the controversial science might one day help treat his wife's multiple sclerosis...."I am in favor of stem cell research. I will work and fight for stem cell research. I'd be happy to talk to [President Bush] about this, though I don't know if I could budge him an inch."
Boston Globe, 6/14/02

"FACT: Governor Romney Opposes Using Taxpayer Money to Fund Embryo-Destructive Research."
MittRomney.com A Record of Protecting Life

Bush tax cuts
Governor Mitt Romney refused yesterday to endorse tax cuts at the heart of President Bush's economic program...In addition to refusing to endorse the president's tax cut, the governor surprised several people at the meeting by saying he is open to a federal increase in gas taxes.
Boston Globe, 4/11/0

[Romney] said it was "absolutely critical" to renew tax cuts proposed by President George W. Bush. Letting them expire would result in a "massive tax increase" that would retard economic growth, Romney said.
Detroit Free Press, 2/8/07

Reagan Republicanism
"I was an independent during the time of Reagan-Bush. I'm not trying to return to Reagan-Bush."
Boston Herald, 10/27/94
"Ronald Reagan is ... my hero. ... I believe that our party's ascendancy began with Ronald Reagan's brand of visionary and courageous leadership."
Boston Globe, 1/19/07

Desire to serve in Vietnam
"I was not planning on signing up for the military. It was not my desire to go off and serve in Vietnam..."
Boston Herald, 5/2/94

"I longed in many respects to actually be in Vietnam and be representing our country there and in some ways it was frustrating not to feel like I was there as part of the troops that were fighting in Vietnam."
Boston Globe, 6/24/07

01-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #165
scottwww
Brigadier General

PeterfromNH had another post that I haven't had a chance to examine yet. Perhaps tonight.

Quote:
#188 Jan. 31, 2008 - 9:01 AM EST

Mitt with Kennedy universal health car

Pro-Choice flipping
http://artlaction.com/

Mitt on Timetables

Mitt with George Snuffalu***us about Flipping

Mitt repeatedly hires illegals

Gun Laws

Mitt says McCain’s immigration plan is not amnesty

Mitt: “I’m not trying to return to Regan Bush”

Mitt: I saw Dad with MLK but I didn’t mean it

Even after this his campaign still says it happened but it didn’t

Mitt’s dog “likes fresh air” tied to the roof for a 12hr trip

Mitt endorsed by a Democrat

01-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #166
scottwww
Brigadier General

Some questions for our Mormon friends:

* Joseph Smith said that there are men living on the moon who dress like Quakers and live to be nearly 1000 years old. Since he was wrong about the moon, is it safe to trust him regarding the way to Heaven? (The Young Woman's Journal, Vol. 3, pages 263-264. See repreint in Mormonism --Shadow or Reality? by Jerald and Sandra Tanner, page 4.)

* If Jesus was conceived as a result of a physical union between God and Mary, how was Jesus born of a virgin? (Journal of Discourses, Vol. 1, page 50).

* God rejected the fig leaf aprons which Adam and Eve made (Gen. 3:21). Why do Mormons memorialize the fall by using fig leaf aprons in the secret temple ceremonies?

* How did Joseph Smith carry home the golden plates of the Book of Mormon, and how did the witnesses lift them so easily? (They weighed about 230 lbs. Gold, with a density of 19.3 weighs 1204.7 lbs. per cubic foot. The plates were 7" x 8" by about 6". See Articles of Faith, by Talmage, page 262, 34th ed.)

* Why do Mormons emphasize part of the Word of Wisdom and ignore the part forbidding the eating of meat except in winter, cold or famine? (Doc. & Cov. 89:12,13).

* Joseph Smith prepared fourteen Articles of Faith. Why has the original No. 11 been omitted? (Joseph Smith Begins His Work, Vol. 2, three pages after page 160, among the photos.)

* Since Mormonism teaches that only God the Father had a physical body at the time Adam was created, why did God say, "Let us make man in OUR image"? Why didn't He say, "Let us make man in MY image?" (Gen. 1:26).

* How do you explain the fact that 2 Nephi 16:2 is copied from an older version of the KJV of the Bible in Isa 6:2? This is proven because this older KJV (the mistake is corrected in current versions) made a rare gramatical error by using the incorrect plural form of "seraphims" rather than "seraphim".

* Why do Mormon temple religious rites unmistakably resemble Masonic rites? What is the purpose of all the Masonic symbols in Masonry and Mormonism?
      02-01-2008, 04:16 AM   #167
kemiksiz
Private

Drives: 2003 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
The craziest?? Mormons are the people you should be least worried about ... how about that religion whose followers like to fly planes into buildings, or strap explosives onto themselves and detonate among innocent people, or behead people with a pocketknife.

These explosive starpers or the other violent things NEVER BELONG to the the real maslum people..

The m.fuck$rs who do these actions are just tiny brained, brain washed, helpless, dont have any connnections with the world a$$holes..

Never thing and relate these kind of actions with ANY RELEGION man, the terrorism dont cares about the races, languages or relegions.. They pick the weakest people to manipulate and explode themselves..

As a musluman, I know that hurting a people in somehow is a very bad thing, and this is one of the musluman relegion's essences. So if the explosive guys believe in god and islam, how do they kill that many innocent people.. They r just A$$holes, nothing more..

Also racism is a fuck according to me.. I got a lot of afro-american dudes, christian ones, catolic ones maslum ones etc. If they are nice people in theirselves, no matter the colur-relegion- language..

Off course these r my 0.2 cents

B6 S4
      02-01-2008, 06:04 PM   #168
scottwww
Brigadier General

From this page.
Quote:
#316Feb. 1, 2008 - 5:05 PM EST

And if you run out of reading material on slippery Mitt,

ON DEADLINE: Mitt Won, Authenticity Lost
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080116/ap_ ... e_michigan

One Lie Too Many
http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008 ... _many.html

Romney Criticizes Rivals' LobbyistsBy GLEN JOHNSON "Republican Mitt Romney said Thursday he could govern in the country's best interest because "I don't have lobbyists running my campaign," although Washington insiders are on his senior staff and registered lobbyists are top advisers."
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=49019%20

Romney's Ridiculous HyperboleHe predicts more change in the next 10 years than in the last 1,000. Not likely.
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... rbole.html

More Than A Dozen Lobbyists Closely Associated With Romney Campaign
http://themoderatevoice.com/media/journ ... -campaign/

The Problem With Mitt Romney IS Mitt Romney
http://www.thestate.com/presidential-po ... 90851.html

YouTube of the Day: Mitt Romney called on a lie by AP Reporter, all on Video.
http://rebtl.wordpress.com/2008/01/20/y ... comment-22

Romney’s Long Time Hunter Boast Blasted
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/04/05/ ... index.html

Will You Be Mitt Romney’s Cheap Date?http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3648.html/

Mitt Romney Retreats on Gun Control
http://boston.com/news/local/articles/2 ... n_control/

Mitt Romney Endorses Manchester GOP Fundraiser with Class III Weapons
http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... 0726018Gun

Owners of America on Mitt Romney
http://gunowners.org/pres08/romney.htm

Romney Should Not Be The Next President!
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs ... /OPINION01

Island tax havens factor into Romney's business success
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-na-m ... e&ctrack=7

Romney learns ‘facts are stubborn things’Questions raised after statement about father and Martin Luther King Jr
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22365150/

Mitt’s tax hikes helped doom him in N.H.
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinio ... 2&srvc=rss

Mass. Governor’s Rightward Shift Raises Questions
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wpdyn/con ... 6.htmlMitt

“What have I not lied to you about already”Romney:
http://www.ethicsscoreboard.com/liars/0704_romney.html

Mitt’s Biggest Flop
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=11222

Romney Promised Not To Raise Taxes But, In Order To Say He Kept His Promise He Raised Every Fee of The State and Created Many More...What an honest guy he must be to generate $400 Million like that.
http://www.newsmax.com/politics/romney_ ... 28054.html

Activists Remember a Different Romney
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/03/25/78/

Top Ten RINO’s ( Republican In Name Only )
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=11129

Will The Real Romney Please Stand Up
http://gunowners.org/pres08/romney.htm

The Real Romney?

MITT ROMNEY: You have been warned
http://whyorganic.wordpress.com/2008/01 ... en-warned/

Mitt Romney Flip-Flops on hunting, abortion and iraq and dog

You Can’t Trust Mitt Part 1: Abortion
... ed&search=

Mitt’s Biggest Flop
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=11222
      02-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #169
Chunga
Captain

Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

Send a message via MSN to Chunga Send a message via Skype™ to Chunga
Are you ok scottwww??
      02-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #170
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
Are you ok scottwww??
Yes, thank you. I am quite well. I like your sig line, by the way.

02-01-2008, 08:03 PM   #171
Chunga
Captain

thx - its just the guys.

You are just posting a lot in a row. I guess most give up reading all that at.
      02-01-2008, 08:36 PM   #172
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

scotty...scotty...give up man...huckster is a loser...
Most likely, you'll have to decide between an old man and a black man....

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      02-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #173
e90im
Brigadier General

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
Yes, thank you. I am quite well. I like your sig line, by the way.
Because there is a Sheppard lurking in you....

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90
e90im is offline   United_States
      02-01-2008, 08:47 PM   #174
Chunga
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
^ Riceeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!

Now go and race soccer mom vans at the light...
I have seen it in a german car mag. This is crazy - but total nice done. Wow. I would like to have it in E90 in my living room.
Sick - but impressing.
      02-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #175
NaTuReB0Y