BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport

01-16-2008, 05:40 PM   #89
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
I listen to Rush for entertainment (in case you didn't catch it, I have been criticising Rush). I listen to Sean Hannity. Sometimes I will listen to Michael Savage (until I can't stand it, he is a lunatic). I listen to NPR (usually too boring to listen to for any length of time). I listen to/watch a lot of things. You need to wade through all the biased junk to get some gems. Do you listen to any talk shows? All the right-wing talkers seem to like Romney (seemingly because they think he will protect their pile of money better than any other).

Regarding Rush and the way he deals with Romey, he will not criticize anything about Romney or Thompson, but he will eviscerate the others. He fires accusations at these others even where the attack is much more applicable to Romney. He is utterly biased in favor or Romney. He has abandoned Christian conservatives. I bet that some day he will try to act like nothing happened. I will not forget. I am an elephant (GOP).

I mainly listen to scientific podcasts.

Fox and CNN are so dumbed down that I lose interest in 5 minutes.

I like to watch O'Reilly for 2-3 minutes in the same way I would stop at the monkey cage when they throw shit at each other.

Sometimes when I have trouble sleeping, I watch televangelists. I sit in awe of how ignorant people are. Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Sean Hannity is a right wing nut job. Ann Coulter too. They emanate hate, promote hate and anger.

f30 e92 tt S5 e92 350z e90

Last edited by e90im; 01-16-2008 at 06:11 PM.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #90
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
I listen to Rush for entertainment (in case you didn't catch it, I have been criticising Rush). I listen to Sean Hannity. Sometimes I will listen to Michael Savage (until I can't stand it, he is a lunatic). I listen to NPR (usually too boring to listen to for any length of time). I listen to/watch a lot of things. You need to wade through all the biased junk to get some gems. Do you listen to any talk shows? All the right-wing talkers seem to like Romney (seemingly because they think he will protect their pile of money better than any other).

Regarding Rush and the way he deals with Romey, he will not criticize anything about Romney or Thompson, but he will eviscerate the others. He fires accusations at these others even where the attack is much more applicable to Romney. He is utterly biased in favor or Romney. He has abandoned Christian conservatives. I bet that some day he will try to act like nothing happened. I will not forget. I am an elephant (GOP).
Funny how you think you are right, and Rush is wrong ... all you are is a JK huckabee lover ... get a life!!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #91
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
My favorite Huckabee’s ……

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:13 PM   #92
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90im View Post
I listen to scientific podcasts. Mainly scientific ones that promote critical thinking.
How do you get those? Which ones specifically do you listen to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
Funny how you think you are right, and Rush is wrong ... all you are is a JK huckabee lover ... get a life!!
Do you believe all of what Rush says? Mike Huckabee is the best representative of conservative Christians in my lifetime who has run for the presidency. Who is the best representative in your lifetime of your point of view who has run, or is running for president?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:27 PM   #93
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My favorite Huckabee’s ……
I fully agree with what Governor Huckabee said here. In fact, I had posted this on e90post a few weeks ago, and another person already posted it a second time. I replied to that as well. Governor Huckabee had a great response.
Quote:
Raising hands to a question that cannot adequately be answered by yes or no is no good indication of where a person stands on an issue. The question itself was faulty. This video does nothing for your argument (if you are trying to offer an argument here).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #94
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Mike Huckabee is the best representative of conservative Christians in my lifetime who has run for the presidency.
Huckabee is as liberal as McCain … you really need to pray about this. Was it those Christian values that led Huckabee’s son to hang a stray dog?? All Huckabee has done is pass the plate and live off the working middle class. Mitt Romney is so much closer to a Christian Conservative that is’ laughable you even bring it up!!

Who spent 2 years of his life in France, not getting paid, talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Who doesn’t drink?
Who doesn’t smoke?
Who doesn’t drink tea or coffee?
Who preaches no premarital sex?
Who has better family values?
Who doesn’t have a wife that looks like Frankenstein’s sister?

It really isn’t close …. Huckabee is one of the biggest losers I have ever seen run for President for the GOP. Rush and Sean have it right!!

Oh, and how about those Christian values of his campaign manager … you know, the one that said, ‘I wish I could kick in Romney’s teeth.’
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:45 PM   #95
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #96
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Top Ten Reasons Not To Vote For Mike Huckabee

by John Hunt - November 14, 2007

After a surprise second-place finish in a South Carolina straw poll, Mike Huckabee's star appears to be on the rise. He has captured favorable attention from pundits, reporters, comedians, and even Chuck Norris. At least as far as the media is concerned, Huckabee has moved from the ranks of the Tancredos and Hunters and into consideration as a viable presidential candidate. It is stunning.

Stunning, at least, to this observer from Huckabee’s home state. Huckabee’s tenure as governor of Arkansas didn’t exactly lend itself to the idea that he was presidential material. Huckabee spent his ten years in office appearing on the Don Imus show, dodging inquiries from the State Ethics Commission, duck hunting, and gathering up gifts from supporters. The idea that he might one day become the most powerful man in the world was laughable. Nobody would be fooled by this guy.

I’ve tried to do my part, posting diatribe after diatribe on my blog, all apparently to no avail. Perhaps I’ve diluted my venom over too many posts. Here, in an easy-to-read format, is an annotated list of the top ten reasons why you just can’t vote for Mike Huckabee for President of the United States of America:

10. He has an awful family. If you thought Billy Carter and Roger Clinton were embarrassing, wait until you get a load (word chosen advisedly) of David Huckabee. Mike Huckabee’s son first stepped into the limelight when he was fired from a Boy Scout camp for allegedly torturing a dog to death. While a student at Arkansas State University, David Huckabee was president of the Student Activities Board, and figured out a way to get the university to pay him $5,000 to “provide services.” This year he tried to board an airplane at the Little Rock airport while carrying a “forgotten” handgun. Huckabee’s wife Janet is no Dolly Madison; she’s often referred to in Arkansas as “Jethrine.” She was constantly in the news during Huckabee’s tenure. Active politically (she ran unsuccessfully for Arkansas Secretary of State), she once got in trouble for intimdating voters while volunteering at a polling place during an election in Little Rock. She apparently isn’t too impressed with her own son John Mark, comparing him to a radio station that “you don’t quite get.” In a move that seems to be plucked from the plot of a bad sitcom, Mrs. Huckabee went to work as the marketing director for an aluminum siding company while her husband was governor. Imagine this family in the White House, and imagine pining for Neil Bush and Donald Nixon.

9. He’s petty. Huckabee was constantly under scrutiny by the Arkansas press for questionable ethics during his term as governor. He was vindictive and hateful to the reporters who covered him accusing them of making up stories, and refusing to send routine press releases to those who printed or broadcast unfavorable reports.

8. He’s unqualified. Huckabee holds a degree in theology from Ouachita Baptist University, and attended Southwest Baptist Theological Seminary. He spent ten years as governor of Arkansas, during which time his greatest achievement was to lose 100 pounds. He had a reputation among legislators as being difficult to work with. He has disowned the few decent accomplishments of his administration, since they involved small tax increases. In other words, he has done nothing to recommend him as Chief Executive of the most powerful country in the world.

7. He doesn’t believe in science. Huckabee doesn’t believe in evolution. He famously raised his hand during a Republican presidential debate when candidates were asked which ones disbelieved in Darwin’s theory. He doesn’t believe in global warming. In fact, he says he’ll always choose his religious beliefs over science. He’s quoted in Salon: “Oh, I believe in science. I certainly do. In fact, what I believe in is, I believe in God. I don't think there's a conflict between the two. But if there's going to be a conflict, science changes with every generation and with new discoveries and God doesn't. So I'll stick with God if the two are in conflict." If that quote doesn’t scare you, then your voting privileges need to be revoked. Is this the guy you want deciding policy on public health, or stem cell research, or weapons research, or the space program?

6. He’s in favor of the war. He thinks the Iraq War is World War III, and wouldn’t rule out using nukes on Iran. ‘Nuff said.

5. He has no respect for the law. He flaunted the state’s Ethics Commission several times when they tried to slap him on the wrists for major infractions of election funding. He ignored the Freedom of Information Act on numerous occasions. On leaving office, he had the hard drives from the computers from his office destroyed. Here’s a random little blast from the past—a bit from the “10 Years Ago” feature in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette: “Gov. Mike Huckabee insisted that complaints made through a taxpayer-funded hotline aren’t subject to public disclosure despite an attorney general’s opinion that they are.” In other words, the law is whatever he says it is.

4. He’s a crook. Huckabee used the Arkansas State Police airplane as his personal jet and as campaign transport. He accepted thousands of dollars worth of gifts from supporters and hangers-on. He charged personal items to official accounts (google “Huckabee” and “Velveeta” and see what you get). When he left the governor’s mansion, he tried to take some of the furniture with him.

3. He’s a loose cannon. His term as governor was one embarrassment after another. He referred to Arkansas as a banana republic on the Don Imus show. He moved from the governor’s mansion to a triple-wide mobile home while the mansion was being renovated (he claimed it was to save money—it wouldn’t have anything to do with the fact that the trailers were donated by political supporters). He referred to environmentalists as “wackos.” He re-married his wife in a Moonie-style mass covenant marriage. He’s a veritable font of offensive one-liners and off-color jokes. Just the guy to restore dignity of the United States.

2. He’s another Dubya. Huckabee is a so-called “compassionate conservative,” with an anti-gay, anti-choice, theocratic agenda. Like Bush, Huckabee was an undistinguished governor of a southern state who made his name by executing criminals (three in one day) and fighting with the legislature. Like Bush, Huckabee is a religious nut who believes that Armageddon is at hand, and that he might be just the guy to speed it up. Since he has no cadre of associates from Arkansas, if he somehow gets into office, he’s liable to fall right in with the same bunch of half-wit incompetents that are running the country now.

1. He’s a liar. Of course, all politicians tend to bend the truth, but Huckabee seems to be pathological. In the most recent exposure, Huckabee claimed that he only raised taxes while governor because the court ordered it. Unfortunately for him, his speech to the legislature asking for new taxes was video-taped. Huckabee has stated that most of the founding fathers were clergymen, and that many of the current presidential candidates were atheists. His “Willie Horton” incident is his release from prison of convicted rapist Wayne Dumond, who subsequently raped and murdered a woman in Missouri. Huckabee has repeatedly lied about his role in Dumond’s case, even claiming that Bill Clinton was responsible for the release.

These are ten good reasons to vote for anyone besides Mike Huckabee, but there are countless others. He seems to think that cutting out sweets for children is a substitute for health-care reform. He keeps blathering on about replacing the income tax with a regressive, unworkable flat tax. Huckabee is an incompetent, glad-handing boob. You know, we’ve had enough of that.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #97
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 08:24 PM   #98
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Top Ten Reasons...
10. Guilt by association. Good one.

9. Is this anything more than empty allegation?

8. Wasn't the legislature made up of Democrats? If they didn't think he was difficult to work with then there would be much more to criticize.

7. We've already dealt with the "hand shows" which are ridiculous when asking about matters that cannot in any way adequately be answered yes/no. I haven't looked at any position statement on global warming or heard an interview. If the reference is to man's contribution to global warming, then he is in good company, because many people (including scientists) refute the more popular theory. Much of scientific theory does change frequently. We have already covered this in Would you vote for an atheist for President of US? http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98333

6. I haven't looked at any position statement. I agree about the war. Using nukes is never ruled out, though they should be regarded as a last resort. If you rule out using them, you may as well dismantle and destroy them.

5. Without any detail and no response given this list of things is nothing more than allegation and hyperbole.

4. Again, you provide no detail and nothing that shows there were any kind of infraction.

3. I don't see where there is any problem with any of this except perhaps the jokes. Do you have any samples?

2. On the actual issues raised here, it sounds like most Republican elected officials. He is Republican, you know. The rest is the rhetoric of the Democrats.

1. This is all rhetoric. If you wish to try and prove any point here, have at it. It's a waste of time.

Was this your cut and paste job from this website? The least you could do is to not waste people's time with empty rhetoric.

Finally, do you care to respond to the questions about Mormonism that I have asked throughout this thread? I didn't think so. You are a Mormon sympathizer and the right wing pop media has been duped into concealing the truth. Why did you use the rant of a left wing blogger for your argument?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #99
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
10. Guilt by association. Good one.

9. Is this anything more than empty allegation?

8. Wasn't the legislature made up of Democrats? If they didn't think he was difficult to work with then there would be much more to criticize.

7. We've already dealt with the "hand shows" which are ridiculous when asking about matters that cannot in any way adequately be answered yes/no. I haven't looked at any position statement on global warming or heard an interview. If the reference is to man's contribution to global warming, then he is in good company, because many people (including scientists) refute the more popular theory. Much of scientific theory does change frequently. We have already covered this in Would you vote for an atheist for President of US? http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98333

6. I haven't looked at any position statement. I agree about the war. Using nukes is never ruled out, though they should be regarded as a last resort. If you rule out using them, you may as well dismantle and destroy them.

5. Without any detail and no response given this list of things is nothing more than allegation and hyperbole.

4. Again, you provide no detail and nothing that shows there were any kind of infraction.

3. I don't see where there is any problem with any of this except perhaps the jokes. Do you have any samples?

2. On the actual issues raised here, it sounds like most Republican elected officials. He is Republican, you know. The rest is the rhetoric of the Democrats.

1. This is all rhetoric. If you wish to try and prove any point here, have at it. It's a waste of time.

Was this your cut and paste job from this website? The least you could do is to not waste people's time with empty rhetoric.

Finally, do you care to respond to the questions about Mormonism that I have asked throughout this thread? I didn't think so. You are a Mormon sympathizer and the right wing pop media has been duped into concealing the truth. Why did you use the rant of a left wing blogger for your argument?
AYFKM?

You use logical fallacies argument in a debate scot?!?!?!

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 09:55 PM   #100
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You use logical fallacies argument in a debate scot?!?!?!
Of course. Rips335iCoupe seldom offers anything other than logical fallacies (I had to look that one up). He is a master debator.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #101
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I mainly listen to scientific podcasts.

Fox and CNN are so dumbed down that I lose interest in 5 minutes.

I like to watch O'Reilly for 2-3 minutes in the same way I would stop at the monkey cage when they throw shit at each other.

Sometimes when I have trouble sleeping, I watch televangelists. I sit in awe of how ignorant people are. Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Sean Hannity is a right wing nut job. Ann Coulter too. They emanate hate, promote hate and anger.
You might not believe me, but I agree with most of what you said here (except I don't watch televangelists).
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:26 PM   #102
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Of course. Rips335iCoupe seldom offers anything other than logical fallacies (I had to look that one up). He is a master debator.

You are so blinded by your own bigotry! You have everyone on here, from the right and the left, telling you the same thing!! Pull your head out! I think scott is one of those JF's up in Idaho, that lives in a log cabin, and smokes his pot everyday. You scare me!
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #103
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Huckabee is as liberal as McCain … you really need to pray about this. Was it those Christian values that led Huckabee’s son to hang a stray dog?? All Huckabee has done is pass the plate and live off the working middle class. Mitt Romney is so much closer to a Christian Conservative that is’ laughable you even bring it up!!

Who spent 2 years of his life in France, not getting paid, talking about the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Who doesn’t drink?
Who doesn’t smoke?
Who doesn’t drink tea or coffee?
Who preaches no premarital sex?
Who has better family values?
Who doesn’t have a wife that looks like Frankenstein’s sister?

It really isn’t close …. Huckabee is one of the biggest losers I have ever seen run for President for the GOP. Rush and Sean have it right!!

Oh, and how about those Christian values of his campaign manager … you know, the one that said, ‘I wish I could kick in Romney’s teeth.’
Governor Huckabee is not liberal. You bought that label hook, line and sinker. Maybe if he can carry that opinion of him all the way to the general election he won't have to fight as hard. But if that idea stays with him, I doubt that is by his design. Mike Huckabee is not a liberal. Mike Huckabee is middle class and dare I say has worked a lot harder than most of us. Romney is not a Christian conservative. He is a lieing and deceiving cultist.

Is this a pissing match? Do you think before you post?

Governor Huckabee served the church for many years.
I don't know if Mike Huckabee drinks at all. He isn't alcoholic. Are you implying that Huckabee is a drinker?
I am certain that Governor Huckabee does not smoke and has never been a smoker.
What does coffee or tea have to do with anything? Oh yeah. If you are a Mormon it may be the difference between being god of your own planet and not even getting to become a god.
Governor Huckabee married his high school sweetheart. Do you accuse Huckabee of something?
What are you saying about family values?
Mormon's look to outward appearance more than most religious folk. Is this important to the Mormon religion? Do you actually have a point to make here that is not stupid?

Are you quoting Rush and Sean? I haven't heard them make such an ignorant statement.

I will not defend the campaign manager other than to say that Romney's response about "just don't touch the hair" was used too often and sounded dorky.

Last edited by scottwww; 01-17-2008 at 12:19 AM. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #104
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
Governor Huckabee is not liberal. You bought that label hook, line and sinker. Maybe if he can carry that opinion of him all the way to the general election he won't have to fight as hard. But if that idea stays with him, I doubt that is by his design. Mike Huckabee is not a liberal. Mike Huckabee is middle class and dare I say has worked a lot harder than most of us. Romney is not a Christian conservative. He is a lieing and deceiving cultist.

I don't know if Mike Huckabee drinks at all. He isn't alcoholic. Are you implying that Huckabee is a drinker?
What does coffee or tea have to do with anything? Oh yeah. If you are a Mormon it may be the difference between being god of your own planet and not even getting to become a god.
Governor Huckabee married his high school sweetheart. Do you accuse Huckabee of something?
Mormon's look to outward appearance more than most religious folk. Is this important to the Mormon religion? Do you actually have a point to make here that is not stupid?

Are you quoting Rush and Sean? I haven't heard them make such an ignorant statement.

I will not defend the campaign manager other than to say that Romney's response about "just don't touch the hair" was used too often and sounded dorky.
Huckabee "served the church" for many years -- i.e. he's done nothing for many years, ripping brainwashed people off every Sunday morning... That is not really work -- it is what I do every night to my kids -- reading fairy tales...but I don't get paid...
He clearly said he's not sure about the 6-day creatin deal and so on, but I am 100% sure he preached that to the followers for many years as long as he knew they were loading those plates...
As the rest of the candidates -- he sings the song we want to hear...

I must admit, he is likable a bit, and he can be funny. I have no doubts he's smars as he pulled it for many years doing nothing (preaching)...

But to even think he has chances to be on a ticket in November is way way optimistic...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 07:41 AM   #105
dr335is
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Some Mazda junk...

Quote:
It is more interesting to see the division between the large cities (civilization) and rural areas. W has not won a large city area anywhere in the country. It is soooo easy to brainwash rural areas. I've seen it before...somewhere else...
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #106
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Here is something interesting from a Pulitzer Prize winning ex-Mormon.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #107
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I agree. Its amazing how being scientific and liberal have become bad things in this country due to religious brainwashing and sound bites like family values and other bs.

FYI:

lib•er•al [ líbbərəl, líbbrəl ]

Definition:

1. broad-minded: tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others
2. progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
3. generous: freely giving money, time, or some other asset

4. generous in quantity: large in size or amount
a liberal helping
5. not literal: not limited to the literal meaning in translation or interpretation
a liberal interpretation of the rules
6. culturally oriented: concerned with general cultural matters and broadening of the mind rather than professional or technical study
a liberal education

noun (plural lib•er•als)

Definition:

liberal person: somebody who favors tolerance or open-mindedness
[14th century. Via French< Latin liberalis< liber "free"]
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 01:51 PM   #108
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I don't think scotty boy even reads some of these posts .... he just won't open his brain! I never said Huckabee was liberal, I said, 'Huckabee is as liberal as McCain.' Look at some of the things he has done .... right out of the Dems play book ..... I can't wait until I can give you my 'Thank Jesus' post for getting this Mike Fuckabee out of the race!!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #109
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
It has been said that, if you are not liberal before the age of 25, then you don't have a heart ... if you are not conservative after the age of 25, you don't have a brain!
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2008, 02:03 PM   #110
e90im
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

It has been said...therefore it must be true...

So, NOT having a BRAIN makes one:

1. broad-minded: tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others
2. progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
3. generous: freely giving money, time, or some other asset

4. generous in quantity: large in size or amount
a liberal helping
5. not literal: not limited to the literal meaning in translation or interpretation
a liberal interpretation of the rules
6. culturally oriented: concerned with general cultural matters and broadening of the mind rather than professional or technical study
a liberal education

Nice logic.

Appreciate 0