BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California
 
Heel & Toe Apparel
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-23-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Feeler: HEAVILY modded E90 M3 part out - ESS, BBS FI, Ohlins, Brembos

No Longer for sale - decided not to part out

Thanks
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics

Last edited by Jbook; 10-15-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
KD.M3
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (7)

I have oem black heated seats and I am in the bay area. I have recaro already, but how much would I need to add for the performance seats?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 06:41 PM   #3
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD.M3 View Post
I have oem black heated seats and I am in the bay area. I have recaro already, but how much would I need to add for the performance seats?
It looks like you have an e92, so those seats will not work for me. My performance seats actually will fit either e90 or e92.
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #4
hyperxm3
New Member
1
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: E90 2008
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sac

iTrader: (0)

Got a pic of the seats?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #5
KD.M3
Second Lieutenant
4
Rep
262
Posts

Drives: BMW E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (7)

Oh didn't know there was a difference in the seats. OP GLWS
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #6
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD.M3 View Post
Oh didn't know there was a difference in the seats. OP GLWS
Thank you sir. Still a feeler, but we shall see. Other than the folding lever, the difference is that the seatbelt attaches to the floor on the coupe and the seat on the sedan. Aleks at Alekshop made a custom removable piece for the sliders that allows the seat belt to connect.
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 05:24 PM   #7
Mahhvinn
EUROPROJEKTZ
Mahhvinn's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
7,956
Posts

Drives: backwards
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: San Jose, CA (Bay Area)

iTrader: (15)

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [3.50]
I have black oem heated sport seats... but they're from my 335! haha. Hopefully you sell you Performance seats because I'm interested!
__________________
LTMW|SPEEDELEMENT|EUROPROJEKTZ

#TeamStretchNPoke
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2014, 09:23 PM   #8
Powerbeast
Major General
Powerbeast's Avatar
United_States
794
Rep
8,638
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 Dakar Yellow
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Why the part out?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #9
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
Why the part out?
Honestly, I finally finished the build and the plan was to part out the car to make it comfortable enough for my fiance to drive yet not disappointing for me to drive and pick up a new toy that wouldn't "need" to be as much of a project. She told me to think all of this through over the weekend.

The other day I started to look at 997 and 991 turbos as offers came in for my parts and my initial thoughts were "could use some wheels and probably an exhaust", so maybe I should keep this car as is for awhile and enjoy it completely built a bit longer. That's where my head is at right now.
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 11:39 AM   #10
dagolfpro
Colonel
dagolfpro's Avatar
Taiwan
78
Rep
2,078
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
Honestly, I finally finished the build and the plan was to part out the car to make it comfortable enough for my fiance to drive yet not disappointing for me to drive and pick up a new toy that wouldn't "need" to be as much of a project. She told me to think all of this through over the weekend.

The other day I started to look at 997 and 991 turbos as offers came in for my parts and my initial thoughts were "could use some wheels and probably an exhaust", so maybe I should keep this car as is for awhile and enjoy it completely built a bit longer. That's where my head is at right now.
You know you won't be able to keep any car stock.
__________________
2011 E90 AW | DCT | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | Prem Sound | Moonroof | BMW Apps |
Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Painted Reflectors | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI For DD | 18" Volks TE37SL Pressed Graphite For Track | Yokohama AD08 | Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
hyperxm3
New Member
1
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: E90 2008
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Sac

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
You know you won't be able to keep any car stock.
So true
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 04:46 PM   #12
Stephen142
Private First Class
Stephen142's Avatar
3
Rep
119
Posts

Drives: 2009 E93 M3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: vietnam

iTrader: (0)

Any pics of the Ohlins???
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #13
Longboarder
Major General
512
Rep
5,151
Posts

Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Monarch Beach

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
Honestly, I finally finished the build and the plan was to part out the car to make it comfortable enough for my fiance to drive yet not disappointing for me to drive and pick up a new toy that wouldn't "need" to be as much of a project. She told me to think all of this through over the weekend.

The other day I started to look at 997 and 991 turbos as offers came in for my parts and my initial thoughts were "could use some wheels and probably an exhaust", so maybe I should keep this car as is for awhile and enjoy it completely built a bit longer. That's where my head is at right now.
Bro I bought a 997.2 Turbo S because it had the new 3.8 DI motor (same as 991 Turbos) and 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and 10.8@128 stock and didn't think anyone had mods for it yet...or that something like that even needed mods. Well 10 months later and, well, you can guess what has happened.
__________________
Daily #1: 2016 i8 Chrystal White w/BMW iBlue / Tera World
Daily #2: 2015 991 Turbo S White with Gloss Black Aerokit / GIAC
Track/Airstrip: 2011 997.2 Turbo S PDK / GIAC FBO / GMG suspension build
Beaterz: 2013 X5 3.5 Sport, 2015 Wrangler Unlimited
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen142 View Post
Any pics of the Ohlins???
They are on the car still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
Bro I bought a 997.2 Turbo S because it had the new 3.8 DI motor (same as 991 Turbos) and 0-60 in 2.7 seconds and 10.8@128 stock and didn't think anyone had mods for it yet...or that something like that even needed mods. Well 10 months later and, well, you can guess what has happened.
I love everything about this post
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 11:08 PM   #15
Gcal08
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

50k for the car as is? ready to pick up the car!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #16
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
tbone28's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
2,200
Posts

Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
Hi,

I am leaning towards parting out my car although I will not actually be selling the car. I have the following parts (and anything in my signature except Akra rear) for sale:

ESS VT2-625 w/ Carbon Fiber manifold original owner 20k miles: $6000 + shipping/Paypal fees (will ship in original box)

Stack gauges in Macht Schnell gauge pod (leather wrapped by IND) - Boost, Oil Pressure, Water Temp. 9(?) different colors and can be set to change color if reading high or low. I always set to everything white, so it wouldn't be distracting: $500 shipped + Paypal fee with all wiring included

ESS kit with Stack gauges: $6300 + shipping/Paypal fees

19 BBS FI wheels in gloss titanium w/ tires that have 1 track day left in them. No scratches or rash: $7000 + shipping/Paypal fees

Brembo 380 F/R in Fire Orange w/ fairly new Endless pads 10k miles: $5000 + shipping/Paypal

Ohlins R&T DFV Coilovers with Vorshlag camber plates 2.5k miles (previous estimate was incorrect after looking at time of install): $3000

BMW Performance Seats PENDING in search of OEM heated black leather front seats

Dinan mid-pipe - $1200 and would prefer not to ship

Thanks,
Joel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcal08 View Post
50k for the car as is? ready to pick up the car!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #17
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbook View Post
Hi,

I am leaning towards parting out my car although I will not actually be selling the car. I have the following parts (and anything in my signature except Akra rear) for sale:

ESS VT2-625 w/ Carbon Fiber manifold original owner 20k miles: $6000 + shipping/Paypal fees (will ship in original box)

Stack gauges in Macht Schnell gauge pod (leather wrapped by IND) - Boost, Oil Pressure, Water Temp. 9(?) different colors and can be set to change color if reading high or low. I always set to everything white, so it wouldn't be distracting: $500 shipped + Paypal fee with all wiring included

ESS kit with Stack gauges: $6300 + shipping/Paypal fees

19 BBS FI wheels in gloss titanium w/ tires that have 1 track day left in them. No scratches or rash: $7000 + shipping/Paypal fees

Brembo 380 F/R in Fire Orange w/ fairly new Endless pads 10k miles: $5000 + shipping/Paypal

Ohlins R&T DFV Coilovers with Vorshlag camber plates 2.5k miles (previous estimate was incorrect after looking at time of install): $3000

BMW Performance Seats PENDING in search of OEM heated black leather front seats

Dinan mid-pipe - $1200 and would prefer not to ship

Thanks,
Joel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcal08 View Post
50k for the car as is? ready to pick up the car!
$50k too lol. Thanks for the backup Terry.
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 12:14 AM   #18
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
tbone28's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
2,200
Posts

Drives: ^^^^^
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (14)

You got it bro. I knew you'd follow up with the 50k comment
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 01:30 AM   #19
Gcal08
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

will you trade it for my AW M5? lol!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 01:33 AM   #20
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcal08
will you trade it for my AW M5? lol!
LOL it's Gian!!! How about $50k and infinite belly dances at that Moroccan spot!
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 01:35 AM   #21
Gcal08
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
20
Posts

Drives: E60 M5
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

hahahaha!!!! just messing with you bro!

Infinite belly dances at the Moroccan spot FTW!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2014, 01:36 AM   #22
Jbook
Major
Jbook's Avatar
71
Rep
1,490
Posts

Drives: '15 FO M4
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NorCal Bay Area

iTrader: (23)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [4.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcal08
hahahaha!!!! just messing with you bro!

Infinite belly dances at the Moroccan spot FTW!
You drive a hard bargain, but $40k and belly dances! Final offer lol
__________________
Fire Orange F82 Built by Alekshop | Pure Stage 2 Turbos | Akrapovic Evolution and Downpipes | ESS T-500 Performance ECU Software | Evolution Racewerks Chargepipes | Gruppe M CAI | Awron Gauge w/ Valve Control | KW Clubsport | Brembo GT 380 F&R | 19" BBS FI-R | BMW Performance Seats, Aero, and Steering Wheel | Vorsteiner Diffuser | IND Cosmetics
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 PM.




m3post
m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST