BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #23
malrash
Private
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Little Rock, AR

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4corners View Post
Any good shop that can flash your tune for example, can tell you the codes generated. Who can do tunes on your car in Little Rock. Or just ask the SA at the dealership to look.
Might do that if I can't wash it off. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoe92m3 View Post
I was about to post a "am I over reacting thread". I had differential, coolant and oil change. I pick up car same day and my servicelight comes on ssayingim 20 mikes past due on front brake change! I had 2000 miles to go when I dropped it off. 9 miles were put on my car and manager says 9 miles is normal test drive after oil or differential. Maybebut 9 miles? I wwouldn't care about the 9 buy how hard to you have to beat on brakes to drain from 2000 to -20 in 9 miles?
My brake change meter also changed, from 32kF/36KR to 30kF/33KR! Go figure. The same questions came to my mind. How did they manage to wear off 2k worth of rotor in 30 miles.
malrash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 08:54 PM   #24
fuddman
Captain
 
Drives: 528-maybe
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California

Posts: 631
iTrader: (0)

When my car goes in for service, my SA, very directly, asks me to give him all 5's in the BMW survey that follows. Which I do. This survey is very important to the dealership because it is very important to BMWNA.
I encourage you to speak with the Service Manager, first, and ask him to provide you with an explanation for what you see is poor performance on the part of his employees. Tell him you are inclined to fill out the survey to reflect the unsatisfactory work of his staff and that you intend to to convey that sentiment, not only to the General Manager, but to the owner as well . Ask him to explain to you why your inclinations are unreasonable.
fuddman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 10:41 PM   #25
Curt2000
Colonel
 
Curt2000's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 ///M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sin City

Posts: 2,351
iTrader: (21)

this is why I only take my car to the dealer for the maintenance plan scheduled services. If its an issue that I have to pay for out of pocket the dealer is the last on my list.
__________________

Current Car: '13 SANTORINI BLUE E92///M3--6MT/Speed Cloth/ZCP (ED Thread)
Former Cars:'10 E90 335i MSport / '07 Interlagos ///M5 / '09 135i / '10 E93 335i
Instagram: @C2KMotorsports
Curt2000 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 10:53 PM   #26
coloradoe92m3
Banned
 
Drives: m3
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: u.s

Posts: 497
iTrader: (0)

I try do oil, spark plugs or anything I can myself but I can change coolant or diff fluid so have to take somewhete
coloradoe92m3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 12:57 AM   #27
Edjay
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacoftomatoes Ca

Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

Wheel balance issue, You will need to get the car going at least 70mph to confirm. Then test drive it again to confirm problem fixed after repair. Thats at least 2 trips to the freeway. Now factor in how far the freeway is from the dealership, how far is it to the nearest exit (providing they can get up to speed within 2 exits). now figure the distance to turn around and go back to the dealer. 37 miles is well acceptable imo. SMH at some people who are so uptight about putting miles on a car. If anyone ever leaves me a note or tells me no test drive I don't even touch the car. I will hand the key back and tell them keep driving down the street and find another tech to work on their car. The way I see it, if you can't trust the tech to drive the car as much as he feel needed. Then find another tech that you can trust.
Edjay is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #28
Helmsman
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 E90 2011 DCT ZCP AW
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sweden

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
I need to vent and also need some advice.

I took my car in today since I was feeling a little shimmy in the steering wheel ever since I had installed new wheels. I did the requisite trouble-shooting and it was still here, so the next step was to get a front wheel alignment.

So, I take the car into BMW of Little Rock with 9849 miles on the ODO, and verified by the fob. They keep the car the entire damn day, and tell me that both front wheels were slightly off, and they roadforce balanced them. They quote me $60 at the outset, charge me a 100 because of some 'extra work' that needed to be done. I get into the car and the mileage reads 9886!! They drove 37 miles testing driving the damn thing?!? and consume an eight of a tank of gas in the meanwhile.

I asked for an explanation, and instead of offering an explanation, the manager tells me that 'maybe' the tech took 2 or more test drives to make sure the alignment was right. I don't think even 2 test drives can rack up 37 miles.

I am pissed. Its not the miles or the gas, it's the fact that I don't know if they abused the car, plus I can't trust them anymore. They are the only dealership for 200 miles around me. I need help digesting this and putting this into perspective, or should I write to BMWNA?

What do you guys think?
Totally get you man. Although some of the guys suggestion that the car can take it, it is still very frustrating when you apparently (like me) are really careful with the car. I think it's also about principles; The dealer should have the sense to respect the client and car, and behave accordingly (!).

I had some complains with my dealer which I filled in on the feedback survey. They immediately called back and wanted to help, they said the survey goes to BMW and is key to them. I was even a bit surprised but I learned that BMW do care about how their rep's behave and measure their customer performance.

I'd definitely go to BMW if the dealer keep ignore your opinion.

cheers
Helmsman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 01:53 AM   #29
M3_Socal
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Socal

Posts: 40
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
When my car goes in for service, my SA, very directly, asks me to give him all 5's in the BMW survey that follows. Which I do. This survey is very important to the dealership because it is very important to BMWNA.
I encourage you to speak with the Service Manager, first, and ask him to provide you with an explanation for what you see is poor performance on the part of his employees. Tell him you are inclined to fill out the survey to reflect the unsatisfactory work of his staff and that you intend to to convey that sentiment, not only to the General Manager, but to the owner as well . Ask him to explain to you why your inclinations are unreasonable.
Recently, I had a similar experience as the OP. I always thought that the survey was very important to the dealer. WRONG, the survey that I submitted got lost or deleted and BMW NA never received it. They could not trace it and could not give me an explanation why it mysteriously disappeared. Can the dealer delete the survey that they sent you? My SA begged me to give him 10 but I told him that wouldn't happen. The GM and owner would not even return my phone calls nor emails.
M3_Socal is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 02:45 AM   #30
dozaiya
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shanghai

Posts: 437
iTrader: (0)

it happened to me so many times that i just stopped caring
you could maybe use a dash cam
dozaiya is online now   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 05:45 AM   #31
Helmsman
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 E90 2011 DCT ZCP AW
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sweden

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

Strange guys, after my dealer sorted my issues (in proper way) I offered to redo the survey as they clearly said it "hurt" back with BMW. They said thanks but wouldn't change anything as already gone to BMW.

That makes me feel something fishy is going on with some of your dealers link to BMW...which I'd try to clear out with the dealer you plan to continue to use. There Life is easy enought as is!
Helmsman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 07:41 AM   #32
bimmerfrk
Private First Class
 
bimmerfrk's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 2011 M3 4dr
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NYC & some PA

Posts: 146
iTrader: (0)

Dude its a car and not a Ferrari at that. Chill out and live your life and enjoy the car. Give the dealer a poor review. Your car will be fine they can take a lot of abuse.
__________________
2011 M3 Sedan : Alpine White / Fox Interior : Escort X50 Hardwired
bimmerfrk is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 07:48 AM   #33
W///
Brigadier General
 
W///'s Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 M3/1999 E36 M3 Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: SC

Posts: 4,445
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
HAHA... you guys make me sound like a pansy. but thanks, needed the perspective.
As long as the issue is fixed, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The dealership here took 3 (yes THREE) tries to finally get the alignment on my car right. So it took them 3 days to do a simple alignment, but that was on my E46.

That's why you live and learn.
__________________
2008 E92 M3: Sparkling Graphite | Bamboo Beige | 6MT | CF Roof | HRE | Eisenmann | BPM Sport | Swift | Arkym | Mode Carbon | M.Perf
W/// is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 07:55 AM   #34
V1.47fan
Major
 
V1.47fan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bay M Vee
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerfrk View Post
Dude its a car and not a Ferrari at that. Chill out and live your life and enjoy the car. Give the dealer a poor review. Your car will be fine they can take a lot of abuse.
+1
To the op two test drives that racked up 37 miles is abuse that's about 18 miles a test drive.

Sometimes the dealership just can't win, they shouldn't have done any test drive and have the op bring the car back a few times till it's fixed right.
V1.47fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 08:05 AM   #35
malrash
Private
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Little Rock, AR

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Thanks for chiming in guys.

The car drives fine and after some time and distance, things are falling back into place in my head. Although I will get the car codes scanned, and have one final chat with the service manager, before I'm done.

Case closed.
malrash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 08:36 AM   #36
V1.47fan
Major
 
V1.47fan's Avatar
 
Drives: Bay M Vee
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NATIONWIDE

Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
Thanks for chiming in guys.

The car drives fine and after some time and distance, things are falling back into place in my head. Although I will get the car codes scanned, and have one final chat with the service manager, before I'm done.

Case closed.
Just curious, what codes would tell you that the techs abused your DCT M3?
V1.47fan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #37
malrash
Private
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Little Rock, AR

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Just curious, what codes would tell you that the techs abused your DCT M3?

I don't know. One poster suggested it, and I intend to inquire about it.
malrash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #38
Edjay
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sacoftomatoes Ca

Posts: 351
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malrash View Post
I don't know. One poster suggested it, and I intend to inquire about it.

Honestly I would just drop it and don't worry about it. The problem is fixed on the 1st visit on a timely matter. You were complaining about a vibration. Very possible the tech got on it a couple times. He might have just been trying to confirm no vibration under hard acceleration.
I say if the car comes back in the same condition, fixed and no other issue. The tech did his job well.
Edjay is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #39
sgrinavi
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2011 M3 & 2013 328i Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

Posts: 161
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 328i  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
I trust the techs, at the end of the day they're responsible to return your car in good, operating, condition - last thing they want to do is a free repair. It's the guys that takes the car to wash it that worry me.
sgrinavi is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #40
Beemdog
Second Lieutenant
 
Beemdog's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP LeMans Blue
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sonoma Cownty, CA

Posts: 223
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay View Post
37 miles is well acceptable imo. SMH at some people who are so uptight about putting miles on a car. If anyone ever leaves me a note or tells me no test drive I don't even touch the car. I will hand the key back and tell them keep driving down the street and find another tech to work on their car. The way I see it, if you can't trust the tech to drive the car as much as he feel needed. Then find another tech that you can trust.
The techs that work on the cars at dealerships are completely unknown to the car owner-- he typically never meets the service guys at all so why should he trust a complete stranger who may have been in that job for all of a month? I've gotten to know the mechanics at indie shops but never at a dealership. I get what you're saying but trust has to be earned.

37 miles is a lot of test driving for an alignment and wheel balance. Most wheel and tire places will finish that kind of test drive in two or three miles, max.
Beemdog is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #41
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
 
thekurgan's Avatar
 
Drives: E90M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento

Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemdog View Post
The techs that work on the cars at dealerships are completely unknown to the car owner-- he typically never meets the service guys at all so why should he trust a complete stranger who may have been in that job for all of a month? I've gotten to know the mechanics at indie shops but never at a dealership. I get what you're saying but trust has to be earned.

37 miles is a lot of test driving for an alignment and wheel balance. Most wheel and tire places will finish that kind of test drive in two or three miles, max.
Agree. These guys may not have had a "rough" joyride, but he/they did travel far to get lunch, pick up chicks, drive around, etc.
__________________

08 E90M3 6MT Alpinweiss/Carbon/BMW Pedals/Dinan Exhaust/Rattle fixes
thekurgan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #42
malrash
Private
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Little Rock, AR

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edjay View Post
Honestly I would just drop it and don't worry about it. The problem is fixed on the 1st visit on a timely matter. You were complaining about a vibration. Very possible the tech got on it a couple times. He might have just been trying to confirm no vibration under hard acceleration.
I say if the car comes back in the same condition, fixed and no other issue. The tech did his job well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
I trust the techs, at the end of the day they're responsible to return your car in good, operating, condition - last thing they want to do is a free repair. It's the guys that takes the car to wash it that worry me.


I don't think I can rationalize by stretching my imagination in any way possible that 37 miles is 'normal' and the poor tech was being just considerate to me. The signout sheet said 9853 miles, which was 4 miles of driving from the time the car was dropped, which is understandable.

Like I said, somebody went for a joyride for 33 miles AFTER the car was fixed. Not aggressively pursuing this matter by trivializing it does not make it right.

I will likely never fully trust that dealership, and they will definitely lose money in the long run (from me at least).
malrash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 04:06 PM   #43
malrash
Private
 
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 Jerez Black DCT
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Little Rock, AR

Posts: 54
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O(1) View Post
Your M3 is hardly an exotic car. Trust me, nobody at a car dealership cares about the E92. They don't even care about the F8X anymore, why would they "joyride" your M3? Come on. Seriously. I mean I know your car is everything for you, but it's just a BMW for them.


I guess the definition of exotic varies with location. Here in the boonies they call Little Rock, there are hardly 2-3 similar cars in the entire city.

No, the car isn't everything to me, but it's a matter of principle. If I had dropped my Odyssey at the Honda dealership (which taking a leaf out of your limited book) is a lot less 'exotic' than an M3, I would have been equally pissed, maybe a little less. Point being, its the deed that was wrong, irrespective of the car.

Hope that got through.
malrash is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #44
Helmsman
Private First Class
 
Drives: M3 E90 2011 DCT ZCP AW
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Sweden

Posts: 144
iTrader: (0)

+ 1
Helmsman is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST