BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #23
M3GarageKing
0
Private
 
Drives: E93#DTC Lexus IS350 Fsport DD
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: LA

Posts: 54
iTrader: (1)

Nice, i just pick up my E92 on 7/3
M3GarageKing is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #24
briancl
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: California

Posts: 211
iTrader: (3)

Looks great. What wheels and specs?
briancl is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #25
Quicksilv3r
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyusigep View Post
Welcome fellow E90 M3 owner! Love the SS and FR combo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sello View Post
Nice car another fellow e90 m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyM3 View Post
Superb!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio1988 View Post
Sweet ride brother
Thanks fellas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
5 owners and now you are the 6th.... WOW!!!!

Congrats on the purchase!
Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Six owners!? This car has been passed around more than a mallard duck.
Yea I was surprised at the number of previous owners, but it was certainly no indication of the car's condition. I was impressed when I took delivery of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOT1 View Post
She's CLEAN and you got a great deal on an amazing car, enjoy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Very nice! I definitely love the color combo.
Minty indeed, thanks! The color combo is my favorite part

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Wow, Jan 08 is as old as they come in the US. Nice color choice btw
Quote:
Originally Posted by urnzvay View Post
Almost, Mine was one of the first in and is a 12/07 build date.
Ah good to know it's not quite the oldest lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunker325 View Post
Good to see you joined brother! Love the car!
Good to be here, thanks bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
congrats! welcome to the club! Don't get paranoid about 08 rod bearing issues from all the other threads LOL
Thanks! I'm trying not to think about it as I went through that sort of anxiety with my E39 M5 a couple of years ago. That said, I do have plans for a Blackstone Analysis when the time comes for her next oil change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92livin View Post
Congrats! and nice choice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.R.C. View Post
Looks really well kept. Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by r1762 View Post
Congrats and enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scutts View Post
Nice combo. Love the wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidemx5 View Post
Congrats and Welcome, looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
Welcome another E906MT!




She does NOT look like 71k, nice choice!
I appreciate it! The wheels are a nice touch. They're just lowly Linea Corse LC888s, but the previous owner turned the car in with them so they didn't cost me a dime and I happen to think they fit the car perfectly so I can't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaGDog View Post
What happened to the E55?
Sold it early in June to a fellow enthusiast on MBWorld who flew down from Lafayette, IN and drove it home. I miss it at times, but nothing the M3 can't make up for

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBiddy View Post
Congrats and welcome! Let the modding begin
Indeed! Already hardwired my V1, picked up some H8 LED AE's from EAS, a pair of iND painted reflectors and a Megan Racing exhaust. May go with a mild drop in the future, but I kind of like the factory stance w/ the 19s so it'll take some convincing to be static low like many of my cars in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrit View Post
great deal, looks very clean for the mileage!
Hell yea, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GarageKing View Post
Nice, i just pick up my E92 on 7/3
Nice!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briancl View Post
Looks great. What wheels and specs?
Thanks,

Linea Corse LC888s (HRE P43SC reps)
19x9" (F) w/ 255's
19x10.5 (R) w/ 295's
__________________

2008 E90 M3 6MT | Silverstone II/Fox Red

Quicksilv3r is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 12:27 PM   #26
sgrinavi
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2014 Cayman S & 2013 328i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SW FL

Posts: 244
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 328i  [0.00]
2014 Porsche Cayman S  [0.00]
Howdy & thanks for sharing the nice pics
sgrinavi is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #27
davesaddiction
15
is fast cars
 
davesaddiction's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

Posts: 1,565
iTrader: (0)

She's a stunner! Congrats and welcome!

Definitely doesn't look like a car with that many miles or owners, and the wheels good great, too.

Mine is very similar to yours (but with the silver interior); picked mine up two years ago with a little remaining factory warranty (which paid off) for just over $40k, so you did very well to wait for prices to come down even lower. It will be interesting to see where prices end up leveling off for these cars. I just couldn't make myself wait any longer at the time - my previous car was a Mazda 3 hatch.

The addiction has just begun; just make sure to drive it more than spending time here on the forum - ha!
__________________
Daddy's Rocket Sled! _
Clarkson: "It is... pretty much perfect... Why don't I have one of these cars?"
Harris: "The saloon is definitely the M3 of choice."
davesaddiction is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 02:02 PM   #28
Quicksilv3r
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrinavi View Post
Howdy & thanks for sharing the nice pics


Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
She's a stunner! Congrats and welcome!

Definitely doesn't look like a car with that many miles or owners, and the wheels good great, too.

Mine is very similar to yours (but with the silver interior); picked mine up two years ago with a little remaining factory warranty (which paid off) for just over $40k, so you did very well to wait for prices to come down even lower. It will be interesting to see where prices end up leveling off for these cars. I just couldn't make myself wait any longer at the time - my previous car was a Mazda 3 hatch.

The addiction has just begun; just make sure to drive it more than spending time here on the forum - ha!
Ha! yea driving a Mazda3 certainly leaves a lot to be desired, I can see why you couldn't wait! Thanks for the kind words Mercifully, mine came with just 72hrs remaining on the CPO warranty which paid off for me almost instantaneously. Took it to the dealer the following morning to have both timing covers and both valve cover gaskets replaced for the nominal CPO deductible of $50. LOL

Keep it between the ditches my man!
__________________

2008 E90 M3 6MT | Silverstone II/Fox Red

Quicksilv3r is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #29
davesaddiction
15
is fast cars
 
davesaddiction's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

Posts: 1,565
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post
Ha! yea driving a Mazda3 certainly leaves a lot to be desired, I can see why you couldn't wait! Thanks for the kind words Mercifully, mine came with just 72hrs remaining on the CPO warranty which paid off for me almost instantaneously. Took it to the dealer the following morning to have both timing covers and both valve cover gaskets replaced for the nominal CPO deductible of $50. LOL

Keep it between the ditches my man!
To be honest, I loved that little car for 7 years and 90k miles...

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/wha...ove-1566904946

72 hours left of CPO?! Ha! That's great - nice going. I got my AC evaporator, a faulty rear sunshade, iDrive knob, and several worn trim pieces taken care of in the 6 months of coverage I had to work with.

I'd do it - same to you, and make sure to get it to the track at some point!
davesaddiction is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #30
pkimM3r
74
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

interior looks brand new!
pkimM3r is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #31
Lorall
0
Private
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alabama

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

Congrats on a beautiful ride.
Lorall is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #32
UroGator
0
Private
 
UroGator's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 MR E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: FL

Posts: 86
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by urnzvay
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
Wow, Jan 08 is as old as they come in the US. Nice color choice btw
Almost, Mine was one of the first in and is a 12/07 build date.
Same here. Build date 12/07. Oldie but goodie
UroGator is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #33
Quicksilv3r
2
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 BMW E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Augusta, Georgia

Posts: 203
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
To be honest, I loved that little car for 7 years and 90k miles...

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/wha...ove-1566904946

72 hours left of CPO?! Ha! That's great - nice going. I got my AC evaporator, a faulty rear sunshade, iDrive knob, and several worn trim pieces taken care of in the 6 months of coverage I had to work with.

I'd do it - same to you, and make sure to get it to the track at some point!
Yea I guess it helps when you get one with low mileage, but yea might as well make BMW pay for everything possible until it becomes your dime that's keeping it on the road! I rented a Mazda6 years ago for a day trip to Atlanta and couldn't say I was terribly impressed, but then again my tastes are ruined from years of driving M cars and AMGs; perhaps the 3's are a different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
interior looks brand new!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorall View Post
Congrats on a beautiful ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UroGator View Post
Same here. Build date 12/07. Oldie but goodie
Thanks guys, really appreciate the compliments! Definitely don't mind having an '08, I've always heard great things about this car aside from the rod bearing deal which most will encounter at some point. I just hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones to experience it.
__________________

2008 E90 M3 6MT | Silverstone II/Fox Red

Quicksilv3r is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 12:12 PM   #34
Ludey
1
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 Space Grey M3
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clt

Posts: 183
iTrader: (0)

Congrats! Car looks very clean for it's age and mileage.

Also, there are very few aftermarket rims that look good on E9Xs IMO and yours are one of them.

Sweet ride! Welcome and enjoy!
Ludey is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 03:20 PM   #35
M.A.R.C.
0
Private
 
Drives: 2011 SGM E90 M3 DCT ZCP
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesaddiction View Post
To be honest, I loved that little car for 7 years and 90k miles...

http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/wha...ove-1566904946

72 hours left of CPO?! Ha! That's great - nice going. I got my AC evaporator, a faulty rear sunshade, iDrive knob, and several worn trim pieces taken care of in the 6 months of coverage I had to work with.

I'd do it - same to you, and make sure to get it to the track at some point!

Not to steal the OP's stage but...


Davesaddiction... just realized you were the one who wrote that post on Opposite Lock. For a long time I had been back and forth on getting an M3. After reading about your feeling of satisfaction with seeing and driving your car I decided to finally go on the hunt for an M3. I ended up finding my current car below and I've never been happier with a car... well other than when I had my S2000 but the impracticality (2-seat, no cargo ******* grew old. Just wanted to give a for the perspective shared in that post.
__________________
Marc
2011 Space Grey Metallic E90 M3 DCT ZCP
M.A.R.C. is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      07-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #36
davesaddiction
15
is fast cars
 
davesaddiction's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Tulsa

Posts: 1,565
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.R.C.
Davesaddiction... just realized you were the one who wrote that post on Opposite Lock. For a long time I had been back and forth on getting an M3. After reading about your feeling of satisfaction with seeing and driving your car I decided to finally go on the hunt for an M3. I ended up finding my current car below and I've never been happier with a car... well other than when I had my S2000 but the impracticality (2-seat, no cargo ******* grew old. Just wanted to give a for the perspective shared in that post.
Awesome. Glad I could give you the inspiration/motivation to get into one of these amazing cars!
__________________
Daddy's Rocket Sled! _
Clarkson: "It is... pretty much perfect... Why don't I have one of these cars?"
Harris: "The saloon is definitely the M3 of choice."
davesaddiction is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST