BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

PYSPEED
View Poll Results: For whom would you vote? Select from party nominees. You may cast one vote only.
Biden, Joseph Robinette (Jr.) (D) 0 0%
Clinton, Hillary Diane Rodham (D) 21 16.03%
Cox, John Herman (R) 0 0%
Dodd, Christopher John (D) 0 0%
Edwards, Johnny Reid (D) 3 2.29%
Giuliani, Rudolph William Louis (R) 9 6.87%
Gravel, Maurice Robert (D) 1 0.76%
Huckabee, Michael Dale (R) 7 5.34%
Hunter, Duncan Lee (R) 0 0%
Kucinich, Dennis John (D) 0 0%
McCain, John Sidney (III)(R) 14 10.69%
Obama, Barack Hussein (D) 50 38.17%
Paul, Ronald Ernest (R) 20 15.27%
Richardson, William Blaine (D) 0 0%
Romney, Willard Mitt (R) 6 4.58%
Tancredo, Thomas Gerard (R) 0 0%
Thompson, Fred Dalton (R) 0 0%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

12-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #67
dr335is
Brigadier General

Drives: GTI

Scott, you're f'n crazy man!

GWB: Mrs. Butt-o got wacked by the evil-doers and one of the axis of evil.

BTW, I did see Thompson speak out on TV, did not hear what he said though....
      12-27-2007, 10:55 PM   #68
scottwww
Brigadier General

Drives: 07 BMW 335i Cpe, 05 Mazda RX8

Send a message via MSN to scottwww
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
Scott, you're f'n crazy man!

GWB: Mrs. Butt-o got wacked by the evil-doers and one of the axis of evil.

BTW, I did see Thompson speak out on TV, did not hear what he said though....
One more post and you have 2,500. Do you get promoted above Colonel for that?
scottwww is offline   United_States
      12-27-2007, 10:59 PM   #69
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
One more post and you have 2,500. Do you get promoted above Colonel for that?
woo-hoo...can't catch me
      12-27-2007, 11:02 PM   #70
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
woo-hoo...can't catch me
Looks like you are still just a Colonel.

I found an interview with Fred Thompson, but not a statement issued as a press release.

In Case You Missed It.... Interview with Fred Thompson this afternoon on Fox News, discussing the assassination of Benazir Bhutto

HARRIS FAULKNER : Senator, your reaction, first, to the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

FRED THOMPSON : It is a tragedy, of course. It reminds us that things can happen in faraway places of the world that can affect the United States. I think this should be of great concern to us. It is almost a perfect storm in a very bad sense because two forces are operating against each other that are both desirable. One is democracy: they were making progress in that regard in that country. Former prime minister Bhutto was an important part of that process. But the other is stability. Pakistan is a nuclear country, and we cannot afford to let nukes fall into the hands of dangerous Muslim radicals. We are hoping those two things can be balanced out. We can see the continued progress toward a democratic society but also maintain stability in the country, which seems to be very much in doubt right now.

FAULKNER: I know you are running for the White House, so I don't want to put you in a position to second guess the president. But I'm interested in your opinion. President Bush is due to talk with Pervez Musharraf shortly. What do you anticipate that conversation should be like?

THOMPSON: Those two things that I mention probably would be high on the agenda. What could be done to not impose martial law, to not crack down, but be mindful of the fact that there are radical elements in that country, and perhaps even within the government, that would like to see instability and chaos and see those weapons fall into the wrong hands. This is part of a bigger problem. We need to understand that this is not a criminal investigation any more - so we find the bad guys and bring them to justice - it's a war.

This proves again the mindset of the radical elements that we are dealing with. We are seeing this all across Northern Africa and various places. We're seeing it across the Middle East and in parts of Asia including Indonesia and other places. We have to come to terms with that and do the things necessary to prevail. One of the things we need to be talking about is what Musharraf can do, additionally, to crack down on the Taliban. I think they have been insufficient in that respect.

FAULKNER : Taliban also supporters of al Qaeda in that country. Pakistan has been an important ally in the war on terror, so have do you walk that line?

THOMPSON: You just walk it. No one said it has been easy and simple. Pakistan has never been easy or simple. I had a chance a few years ago to talk to Musharraf before things got quite as complex as they are now. But it has always been an important part of the world. They're next door to India. They've had a crisis after crisis with regard to them. They're next door to Afghanistan, and they're important to us. They've been helpful to us. But we' re going to have to walk that line between democracy on the one hand and stability on the other. But I think it's possible.
      12-28-2007, 03:26 AM   #71
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolazhp_ci View Post
well everyone knows giuliani is getting the republican nod, which i am indifferent towards. and there is no way hilary actually has a chance of winning if given the democratic seat, therefore, i am voting for her in the primaries to prevent obama's chances because i could see him winning. that is my strategic voting plan. then in the actual election, i will vote for giuliani. i would honest to god rather have bush be president for the rest of my life, than have hilary clinton be president for 1 term.
Same lol. I'm actually considering registering democrat and voting for Hilary in the primaries so that we (R) can nominate any chimpanzee with a lobotomy and win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      12-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #72
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
Same lol. I'm actually considering registering democrat and voting for Hilary in the primaries so that we (R) can nominate any chimpanzee with a lobotomy and win.

Ah, I knew you're the one of those that vote just to vote for the party candidate, not for the future of this country or for the candidate credentials...
Sad, sad...
      12-28-2007, 11:08 AM   #73
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Seems like Kucinich is the only one who understands that the US needs to butt out (no pun intended) of the region, and simply provide support WHEN THEY ASK FOR IT.
UncleWede is offline   United_States
      12-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #74
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Seems like Kucinich is the only one who understands that the US needs to butt out (no pun intended) of the region, and simply provide support WHEN THEY ASK FOR IT.
+1
Fix your internal issues first, then do the world policing...
      12-28-2007, 12:57 PM   #75
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:

Ah, I knew you're the one of those that vote just to vote for the party candidate, not for the future of this country or for the candidate credentials...
Sad, sad...
Not at all I don't like any of the candidates really, but any Republican in the field is better than any of the Democratic choices.

Quote:
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
      12-28-2007, 01:03 PM   #76
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
Not at all I don't like any of the candidates really, but any Republican in the field is better than any of the Democratic choices.
which can easily be proven in last 7 years...we have not been lower in the world since the beginning of Cold War... We were not more financially drained since the end of WW2...

Yep, we want more of the same...
      12-28-2007, 03:55 PM   #77
Neurorad
Major

Drives: 330xi 6MT Blk/Blk SP

I don't think the country is in the crapper because of Republicans, just the Republican agenda of promoting corporate interests. Any Republican candidates speaking out against this? Or any Democrats, for that matter?

Please refrain from mentioning fox news on this board. It's offensive in so many ways. How do you watch that shit? You can't get any legit info through the bias. The 'news' is completely editorialized, astronomically more so than the other 'media' outlets. I guess they all suck, to some degree, but fox is just uttterly outrageous. Try watching it to look for bias, and you will see.
      12-28-2007, 04:09 PM   #78
scottwww
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Please refrain from mentioning fox news on this board. It's offensive in so many ways. How do you watch that shit? You can't get any legit info through the bias. The 'news' is completely editorialized, astronomically more so than the other 'media' outlets. I guess they all suck, to some degree, but fox is just uttterly outrageous. Try watching it to look for bias, and you will see.
All the major media is extremely biased in their reporting, their remarks, the stories they present, the attitude that can be seen so plainly on their mugs... This includes Fox. It also includes CNN, MSNBC, etc. to no less degree. I wouldn't watch any of them except there isn't much other choice on television except local news that in my view is only good for weather forecasts. Instead, I take my news from Fox, CNN, CSPAN, talk radio, NPR, and many world wide web resources.

If your objection to mentioning Fox on this board was a reference to my quoting an interview with Fred Thompson, I didn't get that from the broadcast, but rather a transcript found on their web site.

Where do you get your news?
      12-29-2007, 12:52 AM   #79
Neurorad
Major

Quote:
All the major media is extremely biased in their reporting, their remarks, the stories they present, the attitude that can be seen so plainly on their mugs... This includes Fox. It also includes CNN, MSNBC, etc. to no less degree. I wouldn't watch any of them except there isn't much other choice on television except local news that in my view is only good for weather forecasts. Instead, I take my news from Fox, CNN, CSPAN, talk radio, NPR, and many world wide web resources.

If your objection to mentioning Fox on this board was a reference to my quoting an interview with Fred Thompson, I didn't get that from the broadcast, but rather a transcript found on their web site.

Where do you get your news?
Fox is much, much more biased than all of the other networks. It's an abomination. If you think the other 'news' stations are as biased, you are not intelligent or you have been watching fox news (and you've started to believe everything you hear on that network).

I get my news from the most important medical journal, the Weekly World News.

The objection was in reference to your fox interview, tangentially. If you only have conservative guests, it's a crock. I understand that personal views are OK, just have some legit opposing views.

Don't get your news editorialized. Get it from as unbiased sources as you can. Think for yourself.

Fox news is on at the gym, in front of my favorite machine. Sometimes that horseshit makes me want to scream. I don't want my news from a propaganda machine.

If I wanted to be abreast of the news, I would read the Economist, for a (relatively) unbiased world view.

"Meanwhile Fox News, which broadcast the debate, continued its tradition of balancing good-looking conservative pundits with liberals who look either weird or bearded." - from The Economist

---and----

Ridiculously biased Fox News transcript:

FOX Interviewer: And what if I told you that with the stock market is approaching multi-year highs — despite today’s figures, and unemployment below five percent, more than half of Americans think the economy is in a recession. It ain’t, folks. But according to a new survey, 59 percent have bought into that crackpot notion. They rate it as bad, very bad, or terrible, in fact, when all the facts say that just the opposite is true. So, where are the folks getting this image? My next guest says look no further than the liberal media. Radio personality Larry Elder, host of the Larry Elder Show, says that. We’re also joined by some from Cavuto on Business, who I’m sure you recognize. Lee Gallagher — she used to be with another magazine — and Charles Payne, they are here as well. But Larry, it’s media making the people thank the economy stinks, is that right?

LARRY ELDER: David, you have hit it right on the nose

The facts:
-After adjusting for inflation, wages had not risen during the last three years. In fact, real hourly wages fell for most middle- and low-income workers in 2005 and the inflation-adjusted value of the minimum wage was 29 percent lower today than it was in 1979.

- The poverty rate has risen each year since 2001, with 12.7 percent of the population now living in poverty.

- Job growth during President Bush’s term has been the lowest since World War II.

These facts are in contrast to the fox interviewer's statements.

Scott, stop watching Fox. It's propaganda. Of course you think the way you do now...that explains it.
      12-29-2007, 01:20 AM   #80
Expired
Fanatic

Drives: N/A

Send a message via AIM to Expired
Quote:
Rudy Giuliani:

“The assassination of Benazir Bhutto is a tragic event for Pakistan and for democracy in Pakistan. Her murderers must be brought to justice and Pakistan must continue the path back to democracy and the rule of law. Her death is a reminder that terrorism anywhere — whether in New York, London, Tel-Aviv or Rawalpindi — is an enemy of freedom. We must redouble our efforts to win the Terrorists’ War on Us.”
Someone shut him up?? Is 9/11 all that he talks about??
Why would anyone vote for someone, when their only reason for running is that they were the mayor of a city that had a major tragedy..

-Nathan
      12-29-2007, 01:50 AM   #81
Neurorad
Major

The 'War on Terror' is a joke. You can't ever win, but it keeps the fear up and the war machine oiled. Go Haliburton!
      12-29-2007, 04:02 AM   #82
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
which can easily be proven in last 7 years...we have not been lower in the world since the beginning of Cold War... We were not more financially drained since the end of WW2...

Yep, we want more of the same...
All the democrats are pro-war...
Only person I've heard of who wants them out asap is RP and he's running Republican.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neurorad View Post
Fox is much, much more biased than all of the other networks.
False. Every network is full of bullshit, it's just people notice more with Fox since it's the only right leaning on a leftward sloping playing field.

Quote:
      12-29-2007, 04:15 AM   #83
SOLOx1
Infamous

Drives: stoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarch1 View Post
Ron Paul

January 30, 2003

Mr. Speaker, I am pleased to introduce the Liberty Amendment, which repeals the 16th Amendment, thus paving the way for real change in the way government collects and spends the people’s hard-earned money. The Liberty Amendment also explicitly forbids the federal government from performing any action not explicitly authorized by the United States Constitution.

The 16th Amendment gives the federal government a direct claim on the lives of American citizens by enabling Congress to levy a direct income tax on individuals. Until the passage of the 16th amendment, the Supreme Court had consistently held that Congress had no power to impose an income tax.

Income taxes are responsible for the transformation of the federal government from one of limited powers into a vast leviathan whose tentacles reach into almost every aspect of American life. Thanks to the income tax, today the federal government routinely invades our privacy, and penalizes our every endeavor.

The Founding Fathers realized that “the power to tax is the power to destroy,” which is why they did not give the federal government the power to impose an income tax. Needless to say, the Founders would be horrified to know that Americans today give more than a third of their income to the federal government.

Income taxes not only diminish liberty, they retard economic growth by discouraging work and production. Our current tax system also forces Americans to waste valuable time and money on complacence with an ever-more complex tax code. The increased interest in flat-tax and national sales tax proposals, as well as the increasing number of small businesses that questioning the Internal Revenue Service’s (IRS) “withholding” system provides further proof that America is tired of the labyrinthine tax code. Americans are also increasingly fed up with an IRS that continues to ride roughshod over their civil liberties, despite recent “pro-taxpayer” reforms.

Mr. Speaker, America survived and prospered for 140 years without an income tax, and with a federal government that generally adhered to strictly constitutional functions, operating with modest excise revenues. The income tax opened the door to the era (and errors) of Big Government. I hope my colleagues will help close that door by cosponsoring the Liberty Amendment.

-----------------------------------------
Dr. Ron Paul

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
Ron Paul !
      12-29-2007, 04:17 AM   #84
FirstClass
Brigadier General

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOx1 View Post
Ron Paul !
Lots of good stuff there, but he's clearly isn't an economist nor has he ever bothered to learn much about military strategy. i.e. Pulling out of every treaty and free trade organization is most definatly a BAD idea. Some sure but certainly not every one.

Quote:
      12-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #85
dr335is
Brigadier General

Quote:
All the democrats are pro-war...
Only person I've heard of who wants them out asap is RP and he's running Republican.

I do believe just pulling them out would be wrong. You can't go to some country destroy everything (infrastructure, lives, government), crap there for 5 years and then pack and leave, and let a complete anarchy rule. At least we owe them to rebuild. Democrats did a similar shit in Serbia in 1999 -- destroyed a lot of infrastructure there, killed 3000 civilians, that fat bear (Allbright) promised to rebuild the country when Milosevic is gone -- Milosevic was gone in 2000 and the ruins from the bombing still stand in Serbia (9 years later). Shame...

On the other hand -- we should never do the same thing -- rush into something without understanding the enemy and people's culture. This dumb ass (W) thought that he would "fix" Iraq in 30 days...
      01-02-2008, 11:17 PM   #86
scottwww
Brigadier General

Here is a Mike Huckabee speech that can give you a better idea of what he is about.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
      01-03-2008, 08:56 PM   #87
scottwww
Brigadier General

The news is reporting that with high confidence, Mike Huckabee wins the Iowa Republican Caucus. Romney sounds like he conceeds Iowa.
Attached Images

01-03-2008, 09:12 PM   #88
Rips335iCoupe
Banned

Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Huckabee wins Iowa for one reason ... all the Jesus freaks that live there .... scotty boy, maybe you should think about moving there! He got his one state, and that will be all. Bye Mike ....