BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-08-2007, 08:39 PM   #23
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
I checked in to the QD5 & QD7 ... QD5's not made in M6 offsets ... =(

and after getting a quote on the QD7s I dont think he is down to spend that much on a set of 20s. Esp when compared to what I got my DPEs for.
________
MARY JANE
________
LovelyWendie99
________
Toys Webcam
________
Bliss
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 08:47 PM   #24
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I agree ... but they are such and awkward size. WHo makes 21" wheels besides HRE? I dont think DPE does.
haha, dude come on now.......over 1k posts and you didnt know that you can order iForged, DPE, HRE, and many many other custom 2 piece and 3 piece wheels in any sizes you want. So yes, of course you can order some 21's from many companies. Im good friends with the two guys who run iForged so if you want a sponsorship discounted rate on any set of them, let me know.

Anyway, heres what I would do

Wheels: 21'' brushed aluminum or gun metal wheels......NO BLACK WHEELS

Suspension: maybe leave it alone since the stock suspension is electronically controlled no? If not, then a set of KW coilovers

Exhaust: Eisenmann

Body kit: nothing but maybe a Vorsteiner hood and front spliters

In my opinion, that'd be the perfect M6
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 08:50 PM   #25
nico335
Guest
Rep
n/a
Posts

 
Drives:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post

Suspension: maybe leave it alone since the stock suspension is electronically controlled no? If not, then a set of KW coilovers
yup springs only. get everything boost nation listed and H&R race springs!!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 09:03 PM   #26
T Bone
Brigadier General
T Bone's Avatar
144
Rep
4,021
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The land where we kill baby seals

iTrader: (0)

Join up with the M6board.com. Lots of good opinions over there..... Post over on the M6board.com, I will look for you and introduce you around.

I have a modded M6 but may I suggest you have a goal for the car before you start modding the car. Do you want a track car, street car + occasional track car, street car?

I have a street car that I track occasionally.

IMHO, unless you are willing to sort out your car properly at the track, I strongly suggest that you don't touch the suspension. It is well sorted out for the street and for occasional track use.

People love to mess around with springs, dampeners and sway bars but the real "magic" to M engineering is the work they do in the suspension....

For Power, here is a list of power adders in order of value
  1. Remove charcoal filters - 10 whp - free
  2. BMC Air Filters - 1-2 hp? - $130
  3. Race Precision Ram Air Scoops - 15-18 whp - $200
  4. Evosport Pulleys - 20-25 whp - $700
  5. Exhaust (Eisenmann, Supersprint, Dinan) - 5 hp - $2000
  6. Dinan 3.91 Diff - 8% more torque - $3000
  7. Evosport Headers - 30 whp - $4500
  8. Dinan SW - $1000, no HP increase, removes speed limiter and increases red line to 8400
These figures, like all mods, are not additive...... Put them all together an you might get 60 hp?

Good luck....
__________________
"Aerodynamics are for people who cannot build engines"......Enzo Ferrari
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #27
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
haha, dude come on now.......over 1k posts and you didnt know that you can order iForged, DPE, HRE, and many many other custom 2 piece and 3 piece wheels in any sizes you want. So yes, of course you can order some 21's from many companies. Im good friends with the two guys who run iForged so if you want a sponsorship discounted rate on any set of them, let me know.

Anyway, heres what I would do

Wheels: 21'' brushed aluminum or gun metal wheels......NO BLACK WHEELS

Suspension: maybe leave it alone since the stock suspension is electronically controlled no? If not, then a set of KW coilovers

Exhaust: Eisenmann

Body kit: nothing but maybe a Vorsteiner hood and front spliters

In my opinion, that'd be the perfect M6
Yea I know ... I know ....

I contacted JoJo at DPE and he said they dont offer 21s yet but they will be out in a little while. Went on iForged's website but the only sizes listed are 20s and 22s ... no 21s .... are you sure they can do a 21" set up? if so let me know.

Your exact set up above is exactly what Im thinking ..Vorsteiner Lip & Hood, H&R springs (since the dampening is elec. adjustable on the car), and some 21s
________
Lincoln Blackwood
________
Philippine girl live
________
THE CIGAR BOSS
________
FacialGame live
________
VOLCANO VAPORIZER

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 09:19 PM   #28
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
Join up with the M6board.com. Lots of good opinions over there..... Post over on the M6board.com, I will look for you and introduce you around.

I have a modded M6 but may I suggest you have a goal for the car before you start modding the car. Do you want a track car, street car + occasional track car, street car?

I have a street car that I track occasionally.

IMHO, unless you are willing to sort out your car properly at the track, I strongly suggest that you don't touch the suspension. It is well sorted out for the street and for occasional track use.

People love to mess around with springs, dampeners and sway bars but the real "magic" to M engineering is the work they do in the suspension....

For Power, here is a list of power adders in order of value
  1. Remove charcoal filters - 10 whp - free
  2. BMC Air Filters - 1-2 hp? - $130
  3. Race Precision Ram Air Scoops - 15-18 whp - $200
  4. Evosport Pulleys - 20-25 whp - $700
  5. Exhaust (Eisenmann, Supersprint, Dinan) - 5 hp - $2000
  6. Dinan 3.91 Diff - 8% more torque - $3000
  7. Evosport Headers - 30 whp - $4500
  8. Dinan SW - $1000, no HP increase, removes speed limiter and increases red line to 8400
These figures, like all mods, are not additive...... Put them all together an you might get 60 hp?

Good luck....
Thanks for the info on the power mods
________
TEMPO
________
GLASS BONGS
________
ShaggMyPussy
________
HotBellaXXX
________
Class Action Lawfirm

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #29
ejazbmw
blahhh
ejazbmw's Avatar
94
Rep
6,350
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

iTrader: (7)

i would keep the mods very light meaning barely anything maybe a some rims and a lip other then that ///M6's look nice when kept classy
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 12:09 AM   #30
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
Yea I know ... I know ....

I contacted JoJo at DPE and he said they dont offer 21s yet but they will be out in a little while. Went on iForged's website but the only sizes listed are 20s and 22s ... no 21s .... are you sure they can do a 21" set up? if so let me know.

Your exact set up above is exactly what Im thinking ..Vorsteiner Lip & Hood, H&R springs (since the dampening is elec. adjustable on the car), and some 21s
I can get you any iForged wheel you want, and in any finish.......with a 21'' size at special pricing.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 01:58 AM   #31
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
I can get you any iForged wheel you want, and in any finish.......with a 21'' size at special pricing.
You got PM
________
Mazda Bongo
________
Blowjob Busty
________
No2 vaporizer
________
Diana cam
________
PAXIL PREGNANCY

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 02:35 AM   #32
billspreston
damn you mod bug
billspreston's Avatar
40
Rep
2,117
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA

iTrader: (12)

Send a message via AIM to billspreston
I love love love the vorsteiner front lip on the m6. makes a rather bland front end look great.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 08:57 PM   #33
SV Concepts
SV Concepts's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
5,869
Posts

 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (10)

I suggest we do the full Vorsteiner setup, and add on the Enkreuz forged wheels in a 20" setup. Enkreuz is nice because it's 100% customizable... a big plus when shopping for such a high end car.

Give us a call, we'll be happy to help you as we are a master distributor for both of these brands.

Thanks!
JL





Click each photo above to learn more about the manufacturer
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #34
FifthStreetz
O! So Sour!!
FifthStreetz's Avatar
United_States
193
Rep
15,559
Posts

 
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Fort Lee, NJ

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.75]
a Vort front lip would be quite conservative and nice.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 11:17 AM   #35
Slke46
Captain
10
Rep
953
Posts

 
Drives: E90 Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto Canada

iTrader: (4)

Mod it... you want to stand out from the rest! There's nothing better than seeing the eyes on people when you drive by in a modded M6!
__________________
01 540I - M-sport Premium Package ~ 19' HP Evo Staggerrred ~
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #36
SV Concepts
SV Concepts's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
5,869
Posts

 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (10)

Kris
Between the 21" HRE and the 20" Enkreuz I'd do the Enkreuz buddy. They will look beautiful on there.

Here is a 6er with 20" Enkreuz... doesn't look too small does it?







Appreciate 0
      12-11-2007, 05:57 PM   #37
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Jon

It looks perfect! ... what suspension is on that car???
________
Mercedes-Benz Om642 Engine History
________
Grey'S Anatomy Forums
________
Starcarf 2 replays
________
Live sex
________
GinaLynn

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2007, 08:51 PM   #38
SV Concepts
SV Concepts's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
5,869
Posts

 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (10)

Ya know, I'm not sure, we didn't do the suspension on that car.

Regardless, you'll end up with a coilover kit so you can adjust it exactly like you want it
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 12:09 AM   #39
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Ya know, I'm not sure, we didn't do the suspension on that car.

Regardless, you'll end up with a coilover kit so you can adjust it exactly like you want it
Was going to do a coilover set up .... but then I lose the Electronic dampening that comes stock on the car.

Im set on getting 20s for the car now ...
________
XTUBE
________
Whole foods gift cards
________
LovelyWendie
________
PENELOPE CAM
________
The Vision Condo

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:05 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 12:11 AM   #40
Neema
Major General
Neema's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
7,224
Posts

 
Drives: a few BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (12)

M3This.....I havent forgot about you dude, Im still waiting for iForged's response. I'll just call vince and steve tomorrow and verbally ask them.
__________________

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 12:42 AM   #41
Drive_right
Private First Class
United_States
2
Rep
179
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: So. Cal

iTrader: (0)

Honestly, if i was able to afford a M6 I would keep it all stock. That car is just beautiful being itself. I feel that it sorta depreciates the work the engineers put into it but thats just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 01:34 AM   #42
SV Concepts
SV Concepts's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
5,869
Posts

 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
Was going to do a coilover set up .... but then I lose the Electronic dampening that comes stock on the car.

Im set on getting 20s for the car now ...
Good call. Do you want to look into some springs instead?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #43
Vegas_Sirk
Its All About The Offset
Vegas_Sirk's Avatar
United_States
153
Rep
3,544
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Where you come to vacation and go home on probation: Vegas

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Vegas_Sirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Good call. Do you want to look into some springs instead?
Yea some H&Rs .. .which I'll order from you this next week
________
RHODE ISLAND DISPENSARIES
________
New jersey dispensary
________
MERCEDES-BENZ T2 SPECIFICATIONS
________
Blonde_Sin live
________
HotPleasure

Last edited by Vegas_Sirk; 09-19-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #44
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
Hawkeye's Avatar
No_Country
44
Rep
3,594
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4 si Coupe, '08 R6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Holland

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
There is an M6 that rolls around here with black rims and they looks sweet as hell. I think they might even be the "stock" ones in a different color.
__________________
2007 Z4 3.0si Coupe 6 MT Black Saphire Metallic PP SP Heated M Seats Clutch Stop Stubby
2008 R6 Raven Black GPR Steering Stabilizer Comp Werks FE Hotbodies Flush Mount Blinkers
2008 Nissan Titan XE King Cab Long Bed 4x4 Line-X
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST