BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-25-2014, 09:54 AM   #177
Repoman
Private
 
Repoman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Space

Posts: 86
iTrader: (0)

When snobby bums ask for money, then give you a dirty look when you say "no."
__________________
'13 E92 ZCP DCT; OEM GTS 359M , OEM GTS Front Spoiler, Perf. Rear Spoiler, OEM Perf. Exhaust, OEM Black Front and side grills, Metak diffuser.
Repoman is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 10:00 AM   #178
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,076
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
How about snobby car salesmen? These people act like their father built the car with his bare hands, meanwhile they drove there in a Kia. I'm sorry, are you Ferdinand Porsche in the flesh? No? Then act like you want to sell me something, not like you're doing me a favor by talking to me.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired

Last edited by KingOfJericho; 06-25-2014 at 10:05 AM.
KingOfJericho is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 10:11 AM   #179
Lups
Brigadier General
 
Lups's Avatar
 
Drives: Peter II
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

Posts: 3,388
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
How about those who say "UGH, this tastes terrible! Here, you try some."
"I think this milk tastes funny, what do you think?"

Really? It's not gold, if you need a second opinion, just throw the damn thing away.
__________________
No more blog.
Lups is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 10:23 AM   #180
P1et
Brigadier General
 
P1et's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 3,126
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Let's be honest... who is really happy to be getting to the office?
I haven't been to the office in over 5 years. I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it at times.
P1et is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 10:31 AM   #181
2011CrazE89
Private First Class
 
2011CrazE89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z430i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Florida

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

When the wife says. Which dress should I wear? The blue or the red?
I say the red one looks good on you. Followed by, Iíll wear the blue one
2011CrazE89 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #182
Lups
Brigadier General
 
Lups's Avatar
 
Drives: Peter II
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

Posts: 3,388
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
When the wife says. Which dress should I wear? The blue or the red?
I say the red one looks good on you. Followed by, Iíll wear the blue one
Buahaha

Yeah, I do that too. I think we only ask to piss you guys off.
__________________
No more blog.
Lups is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 11:31 AM   #183
954Stealth
Colonel
 
954Stealth's Avatar
 
Drives: A Car
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Boca Raton, FL

Posts: 2,609
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
When the wife says. Which dress should I wear? The blue or the red?
I say the red one looks good on you. Followed by, Iíll wear the blue one
954Stealth is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 11:33 AM   #184
2011CrazE89
Private First Class
 
2011CrazE89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z430i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Florida

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
LOL
2011CrazE89 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 11:37 AM   #185
ASAP
Breaks My Wallet
 
ASAP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Baby BMW
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 703

Posts: 1,284
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
How about snobby car salesmen? These people act like their father built the car with his bare hands, meanwhile they drove there in a Kia. I'm sorry, are you Ferdinand Porsche in the flesh? No? Then act like you want to sell me something, not like you're doing me a favor by talking to me.
Yes... the uneducated snobby attitude is hilarious at best.
__________________
2009 135i 6AT
E40 PTF Protune, AR Dp's, 5" ETS FMIC, BMS DCI
ASAP is online now   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 12:12 PM   #186
NEFARIOUS
First Lieutenant
 
NEFARIOUS's Avatar
 
Drives: 06 330xi Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Baconville, BN

Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via ICQ to NEFARIOUS Send a message via AIM to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Yahoo to NEFARIOUS Send a message via Skype™ to NEFARIOUS
My friend just posted this in Facebook, which does remind me... The worst is when you finally get your chance, the subject has been changed a couple of times so it'll too awkward to bring the subject back up.
Attached Images
 
__________________
::THE MACHETE::
NEFARIOUS is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 12:28 PM   #187
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,961
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Overdoing gratitude, or worse, false gratitude in the name of being polite. For instance, I sent a note to an HR person the other day asking some questions and she asked if she could forward the note to someone on the staff who would be better able to answer. I said fine with me. She responded in big blue letters "Thank you so very much!!" I'm thinking, "Really?"

And just now someone asked me to do something very easy that is part of my job and I said sure, I can do that right away. And I get "Thank you SO much!!"

As an aside, I hate the phrase "thanks so much" that has become so common. Now I know why the Germans used to cringe at "vielen dank" instead of just danke.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 12:35 PM   #188
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,961
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
How about snobby car salesmen? These people act like their father built the car with his bare hands, meanwhile they drove there in a Kia. I'm sorry, are you Ferdinand Porsche in the flesh? No? Then act like you want to sell me something, not like you're doing me a favor by talking to me.
I have to say that the one reason I keep dealing with a BMW/MB/Porshce deal over 90 minutes away is because of my sales guy. He seems to have a 6th sense about when I might be up for a change in vehicles, but he never bothers me otherwise. He always makes me a deal that's better than I expected. My C300 is the 6th car I've bought from him. I tried the local MB dealer because they had a nice car on their lot, but I couldn't get the salesman to return my calls. Believe that? Then my regular guy offers me a better deal on a nicer car anyway. When I'm ready for something else, I'll be going back to him.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:04 PM   #189
2011CrazE89
Private First Class
 
2011CrazE89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z430i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Florida

Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I have to say that the one reason I keep dealing with a BMW/MB/Porshce deal over 90 minutes away is because of my sales guy. He seems to have a 6th sense about when I might be up for a change in vehicles, but he never bothers me otherwise. He always makes me a deal that's better than I expected. My C300 is the 6th car I've bought from him. I tried the local MB dealer because they had a nice car on their lot, but I couldn't get the salesman to return my calls. Believe that? Then my regular guy offers me a better deal on a nicer car anyway. When I'm ready for something else, I'll be going back to him.
Ironically I traded in my C300 for the Z4. Iím considering going back to MB due to the fact that Iím not happy with my local BMW dealership service. And Iíve tried a couple different ones. They never have a loaner car available, and I lost count at how many door dings and scratches they put on my car. MB on the other hand realized that my center caps were faded so they replaced them. They didnít even tell me they were replaced. I actually called them a couple days later and asked if they did. Service guy said youíre just noticing now? That was pretty cool. Itís a shame because I love the Z4. But Iím fed up with their customer service.
2011CrazE89 is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:17 PM   #190
ASAP
Breaks My Wallet
 
ASAP's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Baby BMW
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: 703

Posts: 1,284
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I have to say that the one reason I keep dealing with a BMW/MB/Porshce deal over 90 minutes away is because of my sales guy. He seems to have a 6th sense about when I might be up for a change in vehicles, but he never bothers me otherwise. He always makes me a deal that's better than I expected. My C300 is the 6th car I've bought from him. I tried the local MB dealer because they had a nice car on their lot, but I couldn't get the salesman to return my calls. Believe that? Then my regular guy offers me a better deal on a nicer car anyway. When I'm ready for something else, I'll be going back to him.
Ironically I traded in my C300 for the Z4. Im considering going back to MB due to the fact that Im not happy with my local BMW dealership service. And Ive tried a couple different ones. They never have a loaner car available, and I lost count at how many door dings and scratches they put on my car. MB on the other hand realized that my center caps were faded so they replaced them. They didnt even tell me they were replaced. I actually called them a couple days later and asked if they did. Service guy said youre just noticing now? That was pretty cool. Its a shame because I love the Z4. But Im fed up with their customer service.
Ship sails both ways... typically maintanence on most Benzes is higher and customer service is a hit and miss as well. I wish I could find the thread of the guy with the C63.
__________________
2009 135i 6AT
E40 PTF Protune, AR Dp's, 5" ETS FMIC, BMS DCI
ASAP is online now   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #191
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
My friend just posted this in Facebook, which does remind me... The worst is when you finally get your chance, the subject has been changed a couple of times so it'll too awkward to bring the subject back up.
I lol'd at this.

It's even worse when it's a joke you've been trying to get in the convo.

When it's finally your turn, everybody has either died down from laughter or you lose your will to tell it with the same amount of enthusiasm.
FwdFtl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #192
Skiddish
Z Editor
 
Drives: '08 TiAg Moupe
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 233
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Let's be honest... who is really happy to be getting to the office?
Hate to bring this one back around, but getting there and leaving is probably the two most favorite parts of my day (along with a hill climb carved into the side of a neighborhood with two high rise stone walls). Exhaust notes through the parking garage are something to revel at...


Now walking into the office, whole different story.
Skiddish is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #193
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
I lol'd at this.

It's even worse when it's a joke you've been trying to get in the convo.

When it's finally your turn, everybody has either died down from laughter or you lose your will to tell it with the same amount of enthusiasm.
at least you live to fight another day.....
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:33 PM   #194
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,961
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Ship sails both ways... typically maintanence on most Benzes is higher and customer service is a hit and miss as well. I wish I could find the thread of the guy with the C63.
Haven't had to deal with the MB side of the service house yet. My new commute is 4 miles r/t, so I've only put about 7500 miles on the car so far. I love it.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #195
Joekerr
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 310
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Haven't had to deal with the MB side of the service house yet. My new commute is 4 miles r/t, so I've only put about 7500 miles on the car so far. I love it.

I now hate you. Or at least mildly despise.

I've got a 160 km round trip each day. Only bright side is km's pass by far quicker than miles and it's typically not in traffic. Though when I do run into traffic, I start getting these homicidal tendencies...particularly when I see other induhviduals pathetic attempts at driving.
Joekerr is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #196
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,961
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I did a 110 mile r/t commute every day for 11 years before I got my new job. The downsides of the long commute were the loss of time, the huge mileage buildup on the car (and the associated costs), the fuel, and driving in winter. On the other hand, I miss the unwind time between work and home and the opportunity for photography stops along the way. Driving home on a sunny Friday afternoon in the Z4 with Bob Marley cranking wasn't hard to take.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #197
FwdFtl
Volcano Knuckles
 
Drives: E60
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali

Posts: 253
iTrader: (0)

Almost everything bothers me at drive thru fast food spots.

I've accepted that the odds of getting your order correct are pretty weak, but I HATE when I make it all the way home, ready to demolish a nice, juicy "insert awesome food item" and it has fuk you sauce all over it.

The you have to either man up and just eat it or take the exact trip back to start all over. This post should also go into the 'First World Problems' thread.
FwdFtl is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #198
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,961
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
Almost everything bothers me at drive thru fast food spots.

I've accepted that the odds of getting your order correct are pretty weak, but I HATE when I make it all the way home, ready to demolish a nice, juicy "insert awesome food item" and it has fuk you sauce all over it.

The you have to either man up and just eat it or take the exact trip back to start all over. This post should also go into the 'First World Problems' thread.
Wifey is allergic to milk products, so I just gave up on drive thru. I got sick of getting home and finding cheese on her burger when I specifically and emphatically said no cheese. Now I check before leaving the counter. Amazingly enough, Pizza Hut has been very good about not screwing up, and they have the most things to get right. Pizza, bread sticks, pasta, etc.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST