BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #265
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Templar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: One of the coasts...

Posts: 1,816
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I'm talking about the people who start talking down to them from "Hello. I'm Jessica. Can I start you off with something to drink?"... "Yeah, get me a water" is a rude reply.

The people I'm talking about are the ones who act like they are the king/queen and the server is an indentured subject.

If the wait staff is truly imcompetent, a poor tip is certainly in order. I'm not talking about those situations. It's specifically those who are being treated nicely by the staff but are rude in return.
Completely agree. Even if they are dumb as rocks and screw everything up, I am still polite and professional. I just leave them a poor tip.

I know my mother in law is brutal to sit with. She is nice about everything, but she is so damn picky. She'll order a steak medium, when she should really order it medium-well, and then complains when it's not "on the well done side of medium." Like WTF...? If her tea isn't sweet enough, she sends it back. The problem is that most places cut costs by not oversweetening their tea, and she likes hers with mostly sugar and less tea... I swear sometimes she is just trying to do it to get something for free. She has gotten her meal taken care of at quite a few places in the 3 years I have known her. Usually if I am with them, my wife and I pay for ours separately or we cover the whole meal, so I leave a very nice tip because I feel bad for the wait staff having to deal with her and her picky self, lol.
__________________
'11 BMW E92 ///M3 - ZCP and DCT
'13 Toyota Tundra - 4x4 Platinum CrewMax, 5.7l iForce V8
Templar is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #266
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I've been out with people who have ruined the experience by being ridiculously picky and complaining to the waitstaff the whole time. People that picky should just cook for themselves and eat alone.
__________________
Mark
Randomography
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 11:17 AM   #267
DemolitionJim
Second Lieutenant
 
DemolitionJim's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 MW M3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 287
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict1957 View Post
^ Jim, you can't be doing that bad if you're driving an M3
haha I knew that was coming.

It's not that I am doing bad, but I would like to go to work and be challenged to broaden my horizons in both conceptualizing ideas and designing (thus getting compensated more for it). Now I am just churning out the same old shit on a daily basis because no one wants anything new, which is another reason I am looking at other jobs.
DemolitionJim is online now   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #268
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,007
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
I've been out with people who have ruined the experience by being ridiculously picky and complaining to the waitstaff the whole time. People that picky should just cook for themselves and eat alone.
Exactly.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #269
John 070
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

Posts: 11,409
iTrader: (0)

I get it, not everyone took AP classes in HS. But it is mind boggling how so many people can not relate to mpgs, and as a result, start talking about miles to a tank.
John 070 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 11:48 AM   #270
Jamesomania
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary Alberta canada

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW S1000RR  [0.00]
2007 BMW F800s  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Pineapple on a pizza....
Jamesomania is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 11:59 AM   #271
upstatedoc
Drone Expert
 
upstatedoc's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 BMW 328ix
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY

Posts: 1,438
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesomania View Post
Pineapple on a pizza....
+1

Fruit has no business associating with a pizza.
__________________
2014 Dodge Durango R/T //Diablosports Tuning
2009 E90 N51 /Active Autowerke Stage 2 tune/BMW Performance Exhaust/
1993 Honda Nighthawk 750/
Countermeasure enthusiast.
upstatedoc is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #272
2011CrazE89
Private First Class
 
2011CrazE89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z430i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

Seeing an assortment of different color jeans. Jeans were meant to be blue. Not green, not black, not white, not red, and certainly not yellow. Blue!
2011CrazE89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #273
954Stealth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
954Stealth's Avatar
 
Drives: Market Share
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Posts: 1,895
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
Seeing an assortment of different color jeans. Jeans were meant to be blue. Not green, not black, not white, not red, and certainly not yellow. Blue!
It has to be a good blue though not that obama mom-jean crap
__________________
Twitter: @jlstillman
Owner of MPG Autosport
954Stealth is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #274
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
+1

Fruit has no business associating with a pizza.
Or beer. Hold the lime, por favor.
__________________
Mark
Randomography
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #275
Whostheboss
Captain
 
Whostheboss's Avatar
 
Drives: a 9incher
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Connecticut U.S.

Posts: 786
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesomania View Post
Pineapple on a pizza....
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
+1

Fruit has no business associating with a pizza.
whaaaaat? Hmm mmm that's the best topping.
__________________
WHO'S THE BOSS
Whostheboss is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 03:51 PM   #276
KingOfJericho
Major General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 5,007
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
I have an issue that I like to call the "Pepperoni Pizza Phenomenon".

You and your friends or coworkers are going to order some pizza.

I always chime in to get at least one or two pepperoni pies. Without fail, someone always says "we should get at least one or two veggie pies" and everyone but me nods their heads saying "oh yes, great idea."

Fast forward an hour and I go to grab a third slice of pepperoni and there is nothing left but two empty pepperoni boxes, two empty plain boxes, and two entire veggie pies with one slice missing from each.

What really gets to me? Veggie pie suggesters. You always ruin pizza day.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 04:00 PM   #277
deadmn1337
Captain
 
Drives: '08 JB E92 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Beach

Posts: 605
iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I have an issue that I like to call the "Pepperoni Pizza Phenomenon".

You and your friends or coworkers are going to order some pizza.

I always chime in to get at least one or two pepperoni pies. Without fail, someone always says "we should get at least one or two veggie pies" and everyone but me nods their heads saying "oh yes, great idea."

Fast forward an hour and I go to grab a third slice of pepperoni and there is nothing left but two empty pepperoni boxes, two empty plain boxes, and two entire veggie pies with one slice missing from each.

What really gets to me? Veggie pie suggesters. You always ruin pizza day.
So true!! Every freaking time.
deadmn1337 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #278
2011CrazE89
Private First Class
 
2011CrazE89's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Z430i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: USA

Posts: 123
iTrader: (0)

The Veggie pie suggester ruins everything!
2011CrazE89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 04:18 PM   #279
NemesisX
Captain
 
Drives: '08 335i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: TX

Posts: 855
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I have an issue that I like to call the "Pepperoni Pizza Phenomenon".

You and your friends or coworkers are going to order some pizza.

I always chime in to get at least one or two pepperoni pies. Without fail, someone always says "we should get at least one or two veggie pies" and everyone but me nods their heads saying "oh yes, great idea."

Fast forward an hour and I go to grab a third slice of pepperoni and there is nothing left but two empty pepperoni boxes, two empty plain boxes, and two entire veggie pies with one slice missing from each.

What really gets to me? Veggie pie suggesters. You always ruin pizza day.
Amazing. This is totally true in hindsight.
NemesisX is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #280
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Hamburger and onion. Better still, meat lovers pizza.

What I really miss is the oily extra cheese Greek pizzas we used to get in MA. Like chewing a jawbreaker. Awesome stuff.
__________________
Mark
Randomography
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 04:40 PM   #281
P1et
Colonel
 
P1et's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 X5 | '11 135i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

Posts: 2,932
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Hamburger and onion. Better still, meat lovers pizza.

What I really miss is the oily extra cheese Greek pizzas we used to get in MA. Like chewing a jawbreaker. Awesome stuff.
I'll take a large ricotta, meatball and garlic pizza please.
P1et is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 07:03 PM   #282
M_Six
Free Thinker
 
M_Six's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

Posts: 4,845
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Tech support\customer service ploys to get you to hang up and leave them alone. Verizon could teach master classes on this. Repeat the same few bars of some annoying song over and over interspersed with a voice telling you that all reps are busy and please stay on the line. Like you have any other friggin' choice if you need tech support. I usually reach my limit at about 20 minutes.

I also hate automated systems that talk to you like they're real. The local cable company even has one that will ping and reset your cable modem (whether you like it or not). Pressing 0 repeatedly will sometimes get you connected to someone in Central America who *might* be slightly more useful than the automated voice.

The best tech support I've ever dealt with is GoDaddy's. Rarely do you stay on hold more than 5 minutes and most of the time it's much less. You always get an American who knows his/her job and can address your problem immediately.
__________________
Mark
Randomography
Flickr

"The $0.99 menu was put on this Earth for a good damn reason." -Weebl
M_Six is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-08-2014, 07:15 PM   #283
dreamingat30fps
Captain
 
Drives: 2009 335i (RIP) - 2006 Z4MR
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Boynton Beach

Posts: 890
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Tech support\customer service ploys to get you to hang up and leave them alone. Verizon could teach master classes on this. Repeat the same few bars of some annoying song over and over interspersed with a voice telling you that all reps are busy and please stay on the line. Like you have any other friggin' choice if you need tech support. I usually reach my limit at about 20 minutes.

I also hate automated systems that talk to you like they're real. The local cable company even has one that will ping and reset your cable modem (whether you like it or not). Pressing 0 repeatedly will sometimes get you connected to someone in Central America who *might* be slightly more useful than the automated voice.

The best tech support I've ever dealt with is GoDaddy's. Rarely do you stay on hold more than 5 minutes and most of the time it's much less. You always get an American who knows his/her job and can address your problem immediately.
This! I love that about Godaddy.

Dealing with Dell right now to have them replace a monitor under warranty. Nothing more frustrating than having to deal with freaking mumbai who simply repeats the company line over and over and over again. They have sent me TWO replacements, each one in worse shape than the previous and each one a lot worse than my current monitor.
dreamingat30fps is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #284
finaloption
Second Lieutenant
 
finaloption's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 f30 n26
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC

Posts: 241
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Tech support\customer service ploys to get you to hang up and leave them alone. Verizon could teach master classes on this. Repeat the same few bars of some annoying song over and over interspersed with a voice telling you that all reps are busy and please stay on the line. Like you have any other friggin' choice if you need tech support. I usually reach my limit at about 20 minutes.

I also hate automated systems that talk to you like they're real. The local cable company even has one that will ping and reset your cable modem (whether you like it or not). Pressing 0 repeatedly will sometimes get you connected to someone in Central America who *might* be slightly more useful than the automated voice.

The best tech support I've ever dealt with is GoDaddy's. Rarely do you stay on hold more than 5 minutes and most of the time it's much less. You always get an American who knows his/her job and can address your problem immediately.
http://gethuman.com/
__________________
finaloption is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2014, 10:56 AM   #285
John 070
Lieutenant General
 
Drives: 335i cpe
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ZSP/ZPP/ZCW

Posts: 11,409
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
This! I love that about Godaddy.

Dealing with Dell right now to have them replace a monitor under warranty. Nothing more frustrating than having to deal with freaking mumbai who simply repeats the company line over and over and over again. They have sent me TWO replacements, each one in worse shape than the previous and each one a lot worse than my current monitor.
The places that have great cust service are rare today...I hate to advertise for people but B&H and newegg are two.

B&H is like Costco--price drops on something you bought? They simply credit your CC, no questions asked.

with newegg I got a 24" IPS monitor, dead pixels upon turning it on for the first time. NO QUESTIONS ASKED returned at their cost and credited. This encourages repeat business.....

hope Dell is not giving you refurbs
John 070 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-09-2014, 11:35 AM   #286
Jamesomania
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Calgary Alberta canada

Posts: 137
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2014 BMW S1000RR  [0.00]
2007 BMW F800s  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I have an issue that I like to call the "Pepperoni Pizza Phenomenon".

You and your friends or coworkers are going to order some pizza.

I always chime in to get at least one or two pepperoni pies. Without fail, someone always says "we should get at least one or two veggie pies" and everyone but me nods their heads saying "oh yes, great idea."

Fast forward an hour and I go to grab a third slice of pepperoni and there is nothing left but two empty pepperoni boxes, two empty plain boxes, and two entire veggie pies with one slice missing from each.

What really gets to me? Veggie pie suggesters. You always ruin pizza day.

haha--So true... "Veggie suggesters"
Jamesomania is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST