BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

12-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 AW/FR 6sp.E92 M3

Finally ordered, after a ten month wait.

Ive been a part of this thread now for ten months and have been patiently waiting to order an 09 m3 coupe. Today was the day! I live in Rockford IL and thus went to the local dealer(Bachrodt). The CA was really professional and was happy to take my order. He obviously used the BMW NorthAmerica websight and proceeded to build my auto. When the price came up at the end,he simply showed me the print up and said "this is what it will cost you". At this point I told the CA that we should be completely honest, and that I had the BMW invoice printout(thanks to this sight). Moreover, if he would not screw me around and give me a price that isnt insulting, it would go along way with me not farming his number to other dealers. He walked away and came back to the table with $2000 over invoice. I looked at the number and asked him if its as low as he could go? He didn't really respond. I asked again, is this as low as you can go? In his defense, he never did pull the "its my rock bottom number" rhetoric, so in leu of answering my question he kind of skirted the edges. Finally I said the number was unacceptable. I told him in light of todays economic climate his number needed to be closer to invoice. I told him $900 over invoice would be a fair deal for me, and certainly fair for the dealership. He agreed, and it is what it is. Perhaps he would have come down even further, who knows and who cares. What's important is that I don't feel like I was raped, and the dealership and CA made their money aswell. Thanks to Mark, a stand up guy.
To be honest I feel like a giddy little school boy. Now the true patient anticipation begins.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2008, 07:53 PM   #2
knifegun
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt beard View Post
Ive been a part of this thread now for ten months and have been patiently waiting to order an 09 m3 coupe. Today was the day! I live in Rockford IL and thus went to the local dealer(Bachrodt). The CA was really professional and was happy to take my order. He obviously used the BMW NorthAmerica websight and proceeded to build my auto. When the price came up at the end,he simply showed me the print up and said "this is what it will cost you". At this point I told the CA that we should be completely honest, and that I had the BMW invoice printout(thanks to this sight). Moreover, if he would not screw me around and give me a price that isnt insulting, it would go along way with me not farming his number to other dealers. He walked away and came back to the table with $2000 over invoice. I looked at the number and asked him if its as low as he could go? He didn't really respond. I asked again, is this as low as you can go? In his defense, he never did pull the "its my rock bottom number" rhetoric, so in leu of answering my question he kind of skirted the edges. Finally I said the number was unacceptable. I told him in light of todays economic climate his number needed to be closer to invoice. I told him $900 over invoice would be a fair deal for me, and certainly fair for the dealership. He agreed, and it is what it is. Perhaps he would have come down even further, who knows and who cares. What's important is that I don't feel like I was raped, and the dealership and CA made their money aswell. Thanks to Mark, a stand up guy.
To be honest I feel like a giddy little school boy. Now the true patient anticipation begins.
Congrats! I ordered mine back in the first week of December. I am so eager to get my car I can't stand it. Worse part is I have already driven an 08 up to 3000 miles so I know exactly what I am missing and how painful the break period will be AGAIN. But it will be worth it. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 08:32 PM   #3
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knifegun View Post
Congrats! I ordered mine back in the first week of December. I am so eager to get my car I can't stand it. Worse part is I have already driven an 08 up to 3000 miles so I know exactly what I am missing and how painful the break period will be AGAIN. But it will be worth it. Cheers.
Thanks man. What is your build date?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
What's important is that I don't feel like I was raped, and the dealership and CA made their money aswell. Thanks to Mark, a stand up guy.
Glad you don't feel like you have to wring every last nickel out of the dealer. They have to make a living, too. I didn't have the option of any negotiation, ordering a year ago.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:41 PM   #5
09E92M34ME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Congrats on your car! You are going to love it when you get it. I got mine today!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Congrats on the order man. Glad to hear you got a good deal. 900 over invoice is a good price on the 09.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Congrats on the order. 900 over is a VERY good deal on an 09.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 07:38 AM   #8
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

Congrats Matt! Glad you did what I did! It works.... Dealers are much more likely to give a great deal if they feel you will not walk and shop them versus some dealer who is not local and has no reason to not undercut them.

My 09 will be here in February! The wait is tough.....
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Congrats Matt! I'm really happy for you, bro. I so can't wait to be in your shoes when I place my order (most likely in June or July of this upcoming year).
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
Navin323i
Europrojektz East
United_States
Rep
Drives: See my Sig

Quote:
Hey Matt,

Got a question for you... when you say $900 over invoice which includes invoice pricing for the car and invoice price for the options I'm assuming, you're still paying the extra charges like the training service fee, destination & handling, and gas guzzler tax, plus tax and tags right?

Thanks,
Navin
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #11
matt beard
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navin323i View Post
Hey Matt,

Got a question for you... when you say $900 over invoice which includes invoice pricing for the car and invoice price for the options I'm assuming, you're still paying the extra charges like the training service fee, destination & handling, and gas guzzler tax, plus tax and tags right?

Thanks,
Navin
Yes that is correct. You still have to pay all taxes obviously, and there are a few things that are non negotiable according to dealer such as destination-$825, tag fee-$143, Doc fee-$150, ert fee-$25. He also told me he had to tag the car with a name and address before year end because the price is going up about $500 per unit for 09. Thanks for all your congrats, and by the way Dogear I got the idea from reading your post.....
Appreciate 0