BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

11-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #1
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Curious as to What These Are

A friend sent this picture of his co-worker's E90 M3. I'm curious about what the wheels are as I don't recall seeing them before. Please don't flame me on this. I'm just curious about them.
Attached Images

11-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #2
hawkeye-se
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '09 JB Coupe

Neez Model 15

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312294
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2009, 03:34 PM   #3
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Amazing, It's the Same Car

Thank you hawkeye-se. It's the same car as in the thread link that you provided as my friend said the owner's name is Myke and also told me about the car having been shipped to Chicago for extensive work including a carbon fiber roof. It can be a very small world.
      11-22-2009, 04:15 AM   #4
Green///Hell
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, F15 X5, 1199S

ha ha lol thats "the" Myke

Did you really think your friend just stumbled upon another random Atlantis Metallic Modded car?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
calintexas
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda///Monic View Post
ha ha lol thats "the" Myke

Did you really think your friend just stumbled upon another random Atlantis Metallic Modded car?
I'm new on this board as I've just gotten interested in the scene again (after I ordered a new car). I've read through a lot of the site the last couple of weeks, and I now remember seeing the car before (after I was pointed to the thread), but I've looked at and read about a lot of cars recently (information overload). The through the car window phone picture didn't click as something I'd seen before nor did I recognize the color. My friend who has an E39 M5 is an architect. We both frequently participate in the tours and drives organized through the local BMWCCA chapter. He's changed jobs recently, and I don't even know where he works. It just didn't occur to me that I'd seen the car or the color before.

I'm just a little embarassed, but very glad that I asked about the wheels. The story I got from my friend about the car being shipped to Chicago to get a bunch of work done (including the CF roof) was pretty wild. The thread and pictures explain it all. I've forwarded the link to my friend.