BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

07-11-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
6NR/BMW Apps Plugin Function with iPod?

Have a 2011 M3 on order and its coming with 6NR/BMW Apps. Particularly interested in the Plugin feature (iPod interface on i-Drive screen) but wanted to see if this is only possible with an iPhone (via the Snap In Adapter) or if its possible via an iPod as well. I have a 160gb iPod Classic that will stay in the car and hoping I can access via the Plugin interface, suspect I know the answer but looking for confirmation from the experts. Anyone know?
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #2
dirtyfreebooter
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa

Apps would be useless without a cellular connection unless you have wifi in your car.. As far as the iPod interface, as long as you have the iPod USB option, separate from BMW Apps (at least on bmwusa.com), iPhones, iPod touch, iPod classic, and other iPods, all have same interface in iDrive for music. I leave an older 30G iPod video (5th gen) in my center console and I have album art and such, the same as if I have my iPhone 4 connected to the USB interface via the white apple cable.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by robackja View Post
Apps would be useless without a cellular connection unless you have wifi in your car.. As far as the iPod interface, as long as you have the iPod USB option, separate from BMW Apps (at least on bmwusa.com), iPhones, iPod touch, iPod classic, and other iPods, all have same interface in iDrive for music. I leave an older 30G iPod video (5th gen) in my center console and I have album art and such, the same as if I have my iPhone 4 connected to the USB interface via the white apple cable.
Thanks. The iPod interface is standard in Canada so my car will have it. I also have an iPhone 4 and am planning to get the Snap In Adapter for Apps but want to use my iPod Classic for music... you mentioned you have Album Art which is great news, is this the same interface as Plugin (pic below) or different? My current 2008 M3 doesn't have iDrive so I'm just anxious to figure out how the iPod interface is going to look and/or work in the new car. Appreciate the info.

Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0