BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > UK

04-18-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
immaculate335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

M3 BKD reg for sale

Please pm with offers. Plate needs to sell ASAP.

The buyer will be responsible for the transfer fee.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 05 Tundra, 15 FIT, 17 CRV

What are you selling and what state are you in?

If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
frenchM3dreamer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 Mitsu Eclipse Spyder GTP

given that he posted in the UK forum... i'd say he's in the UK...
given that he says "plate needs to sell"... i'd say he's selling a custom license plate...

but, what do i know?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:05 AM   #4
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

Good catch on the regional forum they listed it on. I did not even look at that. I just saw the subject line . I kind of figured it was a personal plate but a picture would tell it all.

Do people really buy personalized plates in other countires? I have never heard of that here in the state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchM3dreamer View Post
given that he says "plate needs to sell"... i'd say he's selling a custom license plate...

but, what do i know?
If you will be purchasing ANY AT&T services online or in store could you mention that you were referred by me? My Employee Referral ID is eo4489. This would be a great help and it costs you nothing, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #5
immaculate335i
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Read the title!!
Reg, NUMBER PLATE, M3 BKD, the rear one has a yellow background and the front has a white background!!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #6
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

Sorry OP for not looking at what region you were listing this in.

I saw the title "M3 BKD reg for sale" and did not know what reg meant. Maybe this is a UK thing.

Either way I would imagine that pictures would help you out so people could also see the condition of the plates.

Good luck selling these!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immaculate335i View Post
Read the title!!
Reg, NUMBER PLATE, M3 BKD, the rear one has a yellow background and the front has a white background!!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 01:12 PM   #7
ianot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Why on gods earth would you need pictures of a number plate....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #8
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchM3dreamer View Post

but, what do i know?
You cannot order custom plates in the UK actually, it is whatever is already out there and what is decided by the DVLA. However, new plates are released every few months for the newer cars that are coming out. A quick example of price; a custom licence plate, let's say my name for example, in Alberta (Oh you're from Edmonton ) costs $220 + tax in the UK I remember it was going anywhere from 75,000 - 125,000 POUNDS.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
DivideBYZero
Never underestimate the Home-Bowl
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F87 M2<E92 M3<E46 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spdy330 View Post
Sorry OP for not looking at what region you were listing this in.

I saw the title "M3 BKD reg for sale" and did not know what reg meant. Maybe this is a UK thing.

Either way I would imagine that pictures would help you out so people could also see the condition of the plates.

Good luck selling these!
He's selling the rights to the mark "M3 BKD", not the physical plates. Here the registration mark lives forever and can be applied to almost any car (there are exceptions, but too long winded for this thread). I have used the same mark on my last two M3s, by transferring it. The physical plates themselves are worthless and mean nothing unless the mark has been allocated to your vehicles main document which goes by VIN and other unique codes to identify the car it relates to.

/lesson.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

What does the "mark" look like? I do not live in the UK I am just curious to learn more. If they are not purchasing a personal plate then what are they actually getting?

I understand the "mark" is "M3 BKD" but where does it go if it is not the plate itself?

I also saw another member selling the same thing last year here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums//showthread.php?t=610114

Can more than one person be selling the same "mark"?

If someone wanted to PM me so I can become educated I would appreciate it.

--Update:

Next time I will look at the particular area the thread is being posted in. If I knew this was from the UK I probably would not have responded. Now that I have responded I am more curious what you are actually purchasing if it is not the plate itself. Here in United States, California in particular as I can not speak for other states you can have personalized license plates. If we were to transfer the plate to someone else I would imagine you would go to our department of motor vehicles (DMV) and pay for a plate transfer just as if someone traded in their car and wanted the personal plate on their next vehicle. So in the UK I am curious as to where the registration mark goes and do you see it on the vehicle in which the mark is placed since it is not the plate itself?

Last edited by spdy330; 04-19-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #11
hugehead
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
What does the "mark" look like? I do not live in the UK I am just curious to learn more. If they are not purchasing a personal plate then what are they actually getting?

I understand the "mark" is "M3 BKD" but where does it go if it is not the plate itself?

I also saw another member selling the same thing last year here:

http://www.e90post.com/forums//showthread.php?t=610114

Can more than one person be selling the same "mark"?

If someone wanted to PM me so I can become educated I would appreciate it.

--Update:

Next time I will look at the particular area the thread is being posted in. If I knew this was from the UK I probably would not have responded. Now that I have responded I am more curious what you are actually purchasing if it is not the plate itself. Here in United States, California in particular as I can not speak for other states you can have personalized license plates. If we were to transfer the plate to someone else I would imagine you would go to our department of motor vehicles (DMV) and pay for a plate transfer just as if someone traded in their car and wanted the personal plate on their next vehicle. So in the UK I am curious as to where the registration mark goes and do you see it on the vehicle in which the mark is placed since it is not the plate itself?
yes your right ...the seller is selling the "legal rights" to use that registration number on their car......the buyer will need to pay transfer fees to the UK department of transport to have the "mark" on their vehicle.

oh the actual mark is the registration numbers on the car plate( if that make sense to you )

Last edited by hugehead; 04-19-2012 at 06:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #12
spdy330
Major General
United_States
Rep

I get it. The terms I hear used in different countries are different than what we use here in California.

Where it confused me is when one said "He's selling the rights to the mark "M3 BKD", not the physical plates".

Thanks for the explanation!

So I think it is safe to say that both my car and truck are "MARKED" as I have custom plates .

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugehead View Post
yes your right ...the seller is selling the "legal rights" to use that registration number on their car......the buyer with need to pay transfer fees to the UK department of transport to have the "mark" on their vehicle.

oh the actual mark is the registration numbers on the car plate( if that make sense to you )
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 06:07 PM   #13
hugehead
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
I get it. The terms I hear used in different countries are different than what we use here in California.

Where it confused me is when one said "He's selling the rights to the mark "M3 BKD", not the physical plates".

Thanks for the explanation!

So I think it is safe to say that both my car and truck are "MARKED" as I have custom plates .
Appreciate 0