BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-17-2012, 11:49 AM   #23
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
The problem with lowering springs is they all lower the car too much if you are only looking for a slight lowering with a performance increase. The exception is the Dinan springs. There isn't anything out there until someone else makes a Dinan equivalent spring without the Dinan price. I don't count Eibach Pro Kit as their springs are too soft and not performance oriented.
In all fairness though, springs will do a max of 1" of drop. Are you telling me that you want to do less than that? I would leave it stock if that's the case.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
In all fairness though, springs will do a max of 1" of drop. Are you telling me that you want to do less than that? I would leave it stock if that's the case.
I am more looking for the benefits of the increased spring rate and performance increase rather than the aesthetics of slamming the car. Stock suspension is not so great if you've taken it on the track or autocross.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #25
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I am more looking for the benefits of the increased spring rate and performance increase rather than the aesthetics of slamming the car. Stock suspension is not so great if you've taken it on the track or autocross.
You realize that a 1" drop is by no means "slamming" a car? But, I understand how you feel about stock suspension.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #26
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
You realize that a 1" drop is by no means "slamming" a car? But, I understand how you feel about stock suspension.
Any lowering on stock shocks, no matter how slight, is a decrease in suspension travel and increased wear on the shock itself. The lower you go, the more this increases.

I have no problem lowering 1" or more on coilovers as they are designed to ride at those heights but with just springs, you're playing on a different field.

Also, living in San Francisco bay area with the worst roads in the USA, you don't want to sacrifice too much suspension travel.
Appreciate 0