BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

03-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
SpeedShift
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Lightbulb SoCal Repair Center Assistance

Hey guys,

Some intoxicated moron decided to jump kick (yes, seriously) the driver side mirror of my Alpine White E92 M3 on the way home last night. I tried to swerve out of the way and luckily the damage was limited to mirror and door panel and did not creep onto the quarter panel.

Before I grab any quotes (mirror requires replacement, possibly the entire door panel), I wanted to acquire some helpful advice in regards to collision centers. I am quite concerned with color matching and paint swirls.

After doing some quick research on this forum, I noticed there weren't a lot of repair center reviews for the SoCal area. Even the SoCal Sticky information was fairly sparse: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ight=collision.

Does anyone have any first or second hand experience with any of the following collision centers that they could share? Or any centers they could recommend?

New Century BMW Certified Collision Repair Center
Irvine BMW Certified Collision Repair Center
Shelly BMW Certified Collision Repair Center
Nick Alexander Imports Certified Collision Repair Center
C&C Collision Alhambra

Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #2
kenwelch
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 M-DCT & 2017 440GC

Spectrum Collision
(949) 597-8200
20 McLaren, Irvine, CA 92618

http://www.spectrumcollision.com/

We had a LA BMW club meeting/tour here and I spent the day on a teacher externship. Later I had them detail my wife's 525iT. I am a certified ASE Master Auto Body and Paint Technician and also taught I-CAR classes many years ago. I also taught auto body repair for the local regional occupational program for about 8 years at Mission Viejo High School.

This is a BMW certified repair facility with great equipment and technicians. This is where I would take my M3 for repair if needed.
Appreciate 0