BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

BPM

10-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #1
SCtud
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

LCI tailights without need to reprogram

So I put in LCI taillights and got the rear left and rear right blinker error. Error code only popped up on the computer system when activating the turn signals and made the lights blink quickly.

I had some work done such that the battery was completed depleted and then recharged back to life. I deduced this by the clock needing to be set again. Now the error message is gone! Might be worth a try for those without autologic around or to save a few bucks. Not sure if this is how it removed the error though but figured someone else might try to verify if this works.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 02:14 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtud View Post
So I put in LCI taillights and got the rear left and rear right blinker error. Error code only popped up on the computer system when activating the turn signals and made the lights blink quickly.

I had some work done such that the battery was completed depleted and then recharged back to life. I deduced this by the clock needing to be set again. Now the error message is gone! Might be worth a try for those without autologic around or to save a few bucks. Not sure if this is how it removed the error though but figured someone else might try to verify if this works.
Some early 2008 models will not perform bulb errors, most will get an error when the vehicle is placed in reverse and foot is on the brake.

You should notice the flickering upon startup from BulbCheck doing its job.

Only proper coding will rid of these errors.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0