BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

01-24-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Home Security Systems

To my trustworthy and knowledgable OT members. Can any of you refer me to some legit home security systems? Nothing extremely crazy, just legit.

For my case scenario, I've been most interested in either ADT or Protect America. I want to avoid companies that offer some BS rent a cop in case shyt gets real. Preferably a company that is connected with the local PD. Thank you in advance.

Who do you have? And what's the fees?

*hopefully will get real advice about 6 posts down
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Don't call ADT or any of the other big name companies. They're super expensive and lock you into long, overpriced monitoring contracts. Call a couple independent local companies and get a few bids. You'll save a buttload of money in the long run and not be bound to some silly contract. Example: my security guy installed a whole new DSC alarm system with an app I can control my alarm with from anywhere on the planet for $375 and $20/month no contract monitoring.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 02:57 PM   #3
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Good looking out. I figured there was a way around contracts. $20 a month would be perfect. I'll check around my area. Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #4
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
Don't call ADT or any of the other big name companies. They're super expensive and lock you into long, overpriced monitoring contracts. Call a couple independent local companies and get a few bids. You'll save a buttload of money in the long run and not be bound to some silly contract. Example: my security guy installed a whole new DSC alarm system with an app I can control my alarm with from anywhere on the planet for $375 and $20/month no contract monitoring.
This is awesome info. Definitely something I will look into as well. I hate contracts, and since I'm in the military and move a lot, contracts are a hassle to get out of. I know most places usually make exceptions for military, but even when you follow their instructions on how to get out of the contract, you can still be billed for months/years after the fact and it sucks.
      01-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
donelel
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Your best bet would be frontpoint security.They're not as expensive as other companies like ADT and they use ge wireless devices and mobile apps for the iphone on all their standard packages. They don't charge for installation either and they got some really good reviews. Here is their link if you want to see it yourself http://secure.frontpointsecurity.com...QQ-4664XD.html or you can call 1-866-363-2035. I assure you they have a very good costumer service and will answer your questions. I've been using Frontpoint for sometime now and i highly recommend it to anyone.

Hope this helps!
Appreciate 0