BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

09-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #1
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Exclamation MBCA-Summit Point (Shenandoah) HPDE Sept 29-30

Guys,

Wondering if there's people going to this event hosted by MBCA. Information below:

Come out and join us for two days of fun driving on Summit Point's Shenandoah Circuit - a challenging course billed as a "dimensional model of the Nurburgring." We will have instructors on hand to help you learn this challenging road course. You do not have to be a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club of America to participate in this event and you can drive any street legal car you own as long as it can pass the required pre-event technical inspection (independent shop or dealer). Some open-top vehicles will also need to meet specific safety requirements; please contact the event registrar directly if your car falls into this category.

The cost for this event $350 for both days or $200 for one.

More Info: http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.c...E#.UFceDrJlRHg
      09-17-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
Estoril Blue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3

I'll be there.

Given the limited current registration list and the fact that sign-up closes soon - its looking like a lot of seat time and likely very open track. Shenandoah is a great course.

Last edited by Estoril Blue; 09-17-2012 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #3
checkmate
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estoril Blue View Post
I'll be there.

Given the limited current registration list and the fact that sign-up closes soon - its looking like a lot of seat time and likely very open track. Shenandoah is a great course.
Are you there for both days or one day? Its my first time to that track and may need an instructor. From what I was told, if the instructor signs me off-I could play in the intermediate class.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
Estoril Blue
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
Are you there for both days or one day? Its my first time to that track and may need an instructor. From what I was told, if the instructor signs me off-I could play in the intermediate class.

Both days - I am instructing.

Shenandoah is not your average track. Its 22-23 turns, very technical and even strong Intermediates will find it quite challenging to drive smoothly. Lots of off-camber, elevation changes, a 20 degree banked Nordschleife-like Karussell and compound turn combinations. Thats what makes it a great track.

Appreciate 0