BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

01-27-2012, 01:20 AM   #23
Schwaben
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

You paid $6900 for a single white pin stripe? Henceforth I shall always refer to this thread when having any disagreement with my spouse over monies spent on modifications to my personal automobile. Thank you, this is all the ammunition I will ever need.

Car looks great
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 01:42 AM   #24
Jive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Awesome choice, i would of definitely gone with the Rolls myself. Bentley for me just doesn't have that "it" factor, but that is just me.

Never seen the engine bay of a Rolls, but it looks like it is completely sealed off to the elements, i.e. no crap or debris will ever get inside the engine bay to clean out later.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 01:57 AM   #25
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Looks sick! So how much did it set your dad back with options and all? PM me.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #26
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuttgartM3 View Post
You paid $6900 for a single white pin stripe? Henceforth I shall always refer to this thread when having any disagreement with my spouse over monies spent on modifications to my personal automobile. Thank you, this is all the ammunition I will ever need.

Car looks great

Everything on exotics is over-priced and imo, bs.. but besides that.. If you're buying a Bentley, whats 6900 right?

And when i say "everything" i of course mean options.. etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 07:57 AM   #27
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuttgartM3 View Post

Car looks great
The color is actually matched to the interior color of the leather. Apparently, the sales rep at Grand Touring Automobiles in Toronto told us that Rolls Royce employs a single guy to hand paint the pin stripe on the car and this guy has been doing it for decades. If you look closely at the pin stripe you can see the paint stroke which validates the sales reps claim that it is indeed done by hand.

I'm using the example of the car as my ammunition when arguing with my wife too lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
must say, i've been driven in a Ghost before (because ya know, I'm so baller) lmao..

I felt like going to sleep it was so comfy. lol
It is really comfortable indeed. The back seets recline and it's so quite and smooth that the perception of how fast you're actually travelling gets lost in all the comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive View Post
Awesome choice, i would of definitely gone with the Rolls myself. Bentley for me just doesn't have that "it" factor, but that is just me.

Never seen the engine bay of a Rolls, but it looks like it is completely sealed off to the elements, i.e. no crap or debris will ever get inside the engine bay to clean out later.
I actually never opened the hood of a Rolls until I took the car to get tinted and my tint guy asked to see the engine. The twin turbo V12 is truly a sight to be seen. You're right, it's pretty tight in there and I don't think any debris will get in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
Looks sick! So how much did it set your dad back with options and all? PM me.
PM on its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
Everything on exotics is over-priced and imo, bs.. but besides that.. If you're buying a Bentley, whats 6900 right?

And when i say "everything" i of course mean options.. etc.
+! Example, the standard stitching for the RR logo on the heat rests comes in the matching color of the seats themselves. If you order a contrasting stich, like the body color of the car itself, they charge something like $2000 for it. A bit stupid but that's where they get you.

Another example, the battery trickle charger is $1100, whereas BMW charges $100. The difference is that BMW fitted a screw in style connector to it instead of two terminal clamps. Crazy, stupid expensive.

My dad nearly had a heart attack when I told him the price for the charger. My response was; "if you have the dough to buy the car, then I'm sure you have the dough to buy the accessories for it too!"
Attached Images

MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 02:56 PM   #28
mad villain
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
Gorgeous looking car! Congrats to you and your father.....if u get a chance I'd love to see some more pics and maybe some interior pics!!
      01-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #29
mshahidz
Major
Rep
Drives: M4, 991 GT3

GORGEOUS!
If you don't mind, would you be able to PM the details of the purchase? Just showed this thread to my dad and it really peaked his interest for his next car
Thanks..
      01-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #30
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

The right choice, I think.

When you get to this class of car, the basics are covered by all the contenders, so the deciders are the intangibles, the subjectives. In that respect, the Bentleys seem all very similar to me as far as interior goes, and a little too on-purpose-old-style which is at odds with the rather more modern looking exteriors. Never mind that the Mulsanne tried to emulate the Phantom with the strange headlight design...

The Rolls is a clean sheet to my eyes and all the better for it. The interiors seem to still nod towards the rich past but at the same time without being shameless similes.

I'm definitely not in the right income bracket for this type of car, but if I were I would favor the Rolls.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0