BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #23
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
I see that you prefer the V8 scream. But watch the episode of Top Gear when they tested the Aston Vantage on the Isle of Man, and you might understand the beauty of the rumbling exhaust.

Can't find the episode on youtube but here is a DIY video:
Wow, that gives me a different perspective. Listen, I love the sound of the S65, but feel if I could bring out the high pitch a bit more at higher rpms, that would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Honestly it all depends what you are looking for. I have modded cars for quite some time now and I have never found replacing muffler pans to do the job as far as bringing out the true "roar" of an engine. Feel free to check out our exhaust thread and do some comparisons, look into the details, IE design, value, exhaust hangers, etc sometimes its the little things that can help make your decision easier.

After you do your research I would contact Nick over at JleviSW and I am sure he will be able to set you up with one of our Signature exhaust systems for your E9X M3.
Done tons of research, no the difference between designs, details, Titanium vs. the rest. Manufacturers, their histories, etc.......but honestly, videos and recordings all start to sound the same after a while. But design is a huge factor for me, enough so that the Vorsteiner's curve in their pipes that leads the exhaust closer to the diff has me worried enough about heat issues on the track and in spirited driving to probably not go that route even though the sound and look of that exhaust is my favorite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
The problem with having the F1 type exhaust is that every rice can farting idiot from NJ to CA has one too attached to their civic and the sound is very similar. I'd prefer not to be associated with them.

I would rather have the rumble and growl of a V8.
I would agree with that, don't want to sound like every other ricer on the streets........

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
Actually I was thinking the exact same thing, and no you're not crazy. Most of the after market exhaust systems for the M3 do make it sound like an american muscle car V-8. Not necessarily a bad thing, but if that were the sound I was going for, I would have bought a Dodge Challenger.

That being said, I do prefer the high pitched tone of an exotic car. I think I've seen/listened to almost all of the videos of the M3s with aftermarket exhausts and the only one that produces the high pitched exotic tone is - Meisterschaft. I have read that the build quality on some of the older models may be questionable (have not see evidence of this on the new exhausts for the E92 M3), but from a pure sound standpoint, this thing is in a class by itself. It almost makes the M sound like an Italian exotic. Almost.
Problem is I was around over on e90 from day one and watched the drama with Meisterschaft and Eisenhaus (or however you spell them) and some quality issues that I just can't trust. But your right about the sound I think.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
In my opinion this car doesn't even sound close to an American muscle car. The smoothness of the sound separates it totally from American cars. Especially at idle you don't hear that same cam sound you get from American muscle cars that have a big cam. To me it sounds nothing like a pushrod V8. Doesn't sound like the exotic cars, but doesn't sound like American muscle either. In fact I can't think of another car that has the sound of this one??
Ok, very fair point. It does sound much more refined than an American V8, but still would prefer it sounds nothing like an American V8 and I feel with stock exhaust it doesn't but with some of the after market exhausts it tends to at start-up and idle......

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 03:46 PM   #24
big fra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5,M3 CSL

It will be expensive but see what a Tubi is like!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #25
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Believe it or not the Magnaflow exhaust is looking to be very close to what I want. Although I'll want AA's race pipes too. I think that will preserve the sound of the V8 and keep it exotic like F1
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #26
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

there's only ONE exhaust out with that kind of sound
and it's kreissieg
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNkUQlCJat8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNkUQlCJat8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      10-12-2008, 03:55 AM   #27
spectrumphoto
Just another peanut in the Turd!
United_States
Rep
Drives: g16M850;f30M550;f80M3-ED;e90M3

I think I'll still stick with the AA Exhaust... Great note, no drone solid build quality. Not the cheapest, but neither was my M3 compared to other "sport sedans"
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 08:35 AM   #28
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Does a titanium exhaust system give you that high pitched sound you are looking for?
      10-12-2008, 09:45 AM   #29
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

I LOVEEE my Eisenmann Race Exhaust.
Yesterday, me and my buddy switched cars to drive downtown. He has a 997 Turbo (lots of work, around 700 RWHP). We swithced for the hell of it, he wanted to see/hear his car, I wanted to see/hear mine. AND all I can say is WOW, I never realized how good my exhaust sounded, I mean I love the sound inside it, but to hear him blow by me and even cruise by me was incredible. The sound is deep, yet at certain RPMs very clear and clean!

He used to have an E60 M5 with Eisenmann Race and he even said, that at certain RPMs you can hear the E60 M5 high pitch sound!

I love my EISENMANN Race!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 09:52 AM   #30
Boooost
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MK4 Supra, Alpine on black 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
I LOVEEE my Eisenmann Race Exhaust.
Yesterday, me and my buddy switched cars to drive downtown. He has a 997 Turbo (lots of work, around 700 RWHP). We swithced for the hell of it, he wanted to see/hear his car, I wanted to see/hear mine. AND all I can say is WOW, I never realized how good my exhaust sounded, I mean I love the sound inside it, but to hear him blow by me and even cruise by me was incredible. The sound is deep, yet at certain RPMs very clear and clean!

He used to have an E60 M5 with Eisenmann Race and he even said, that at certain RPMs you can hear the E60 M5 high pitch sound!

I love my EISENMANN Race!
big +1 to that.

I heard the eisenmann race in person last week at the bmw dealership. What a crazy sound. It might even be better sounding than the M5 race I heard all the youtube videos but to hear it in person is a different story.

BN Sports Supra... mmmm
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 04:30 PM   #31
drvai
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
and it's kreissieg
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNkUQlCJat8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TNkUQlCJat8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
This one sounds GREAT. My only problem with ALL this exhaust is that they really attract cops.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #32
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvai View Post
This one sounds GREAT. My only problem with ALL this exhaust is that they really attract cops.
true
but it sounds bad ass
      10-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #33
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

If I wanted loud Kreissieg is definitely what I would do. But that is just way too loud for me. Sounds sick though.
      10-12-2008, 09:07 PM   #34
M3 LUST
Banned
Rep
Drives: -

The Kriessieg has a valve - 'valvetronic.' You can press a button/switch in the interior that opens and closes the valve so it doesn't sound like that ('F1 Mode') all the time.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2008, 09:52 PM   #35
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 LUST View Post
The Kriessieg has a valve - 'valvetronic.' You can press a button/switch in the interior that opens and closes the valve so it doesn't sound like that ('F1 Mode') all the time.
yeaup yeaup
      10-13-2008, 08:29 AM   #36
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLuVan View Post
and it's kreissieg
SOLD!!!! Thats the sound, especially going through the small tunnel, thats IT!!!!!!!!!

THANKS McLuVan!!!

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 09:19 AM   #37
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
How much is the Kreissieg?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 10:10 AM   #38
AlpenWhite25
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: Alpen White BMW M3

Basicaly i was siriously thinking on going for that Kreissieg System.It is pretty expenssive thought...if i recall correctly it costs around 4.000 Euro and it is a complete CatLess system.The second thing that draw me back from this choise was the CELs.I am confident that with no Cats at all there will be Chec Engine Lights all over the place....and i would NOT like to see that on a 2008 model 100.000 Euro Car.

Yes Police is a serious matter,what is the point in having a Sound Sytem like this and Hesitate whenever you want to use it....I see no point in that.

My choise was the AC Schnitzer Export Version(wich is something like Remus Race..i guess)...here's a link with the car in Cold Start.

Well this is My Car to be exact....

Last edited by AlpenWhite25; 10-14-2008 at 01:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #39
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpenWhite25 View Post
Basicaly i was siriously thinking on going for that Kreissieg System.It is pretty expenssive thought...if i recall correctly it costs around 4.000 Euro and it is a complete CatLess system.The second thing that draw me back from this choise was the CELs.I am confident that with no Cats at all there will be Chec Engine Lights all over the place....and i would NOT like to see that on a 2008 model 100.000 Euro Car.

Yes Police is a serious matter,what is the point in having a Sound Sytem like this and Hesitate whenever you want to use it....I see no point in that.

My choise was the AC Schnitzer Export Version(wich is something like Remus Race..i guess)...here's a link with the car in Cold Start.

Well this is My Car to be exact....
The exhaust sounds worth it, however, you'd have to reflash your ECU with AA or ESS to get rid of the secondary o2 sensor warning. I MAY end up going with Magnaflow custom exhaust because for some things there are better ways to spend money on.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #40
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
SOLD!!!! Thats the sound, especially going through the small tunnel, thats IT!!!!!!!!!

THANKS McLuVan!!!
you're welcome

make sure to post some vids once you get it
      10-15-2008, 11:12 AM   #41
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
How much is the Kreissieg?
cost about a arm

and a leg....
      10-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #42
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

I may have worded it differently but great question. Some of the exhausts, just sound crappy to me. To think that some of these companies charge almost $3k for 2 stainless steel mufflers is insane. Sound is important to me as it captures the soul of a sports car. So i'm pretty particular about how it sounds, especially at $3k plus.

That Kreisseg sounded F'n awesome. Interior noise was at jackhammer levels though. So I couldn't do it, and that price would be steep in U.S. Dollars, so imagine my dismay when I noticed it was Euros! Hands down though, my favorite exhaust is the Amuse....by a landslide. Its got the best look and sound of any exhaust, i've ever seen. But since when is an exhaust worth the price of a brand new Ducati Superbike? Sh*t, I'd buy Scion xB before I dropped $15k on an exhaust.

I've singled it down to 4 systems now. Eisenmann race, AA, Vorsteiner, Meistershaft GT. All have pros/cons. I've excluded the Magnaflow from my list of 4 due to lack of information about the system. But I'm really interested in seeing what they decide to release, and it should be at a very competitive price point.

Eisenmann needs to release a no-cut version though. Especially at that price point. I'm not real bad about interior noise, but I don't want to have to speak over my muffler, or have my exhaust drowning out my bluetooth. Anyone with the Eisanmann race, feel free to chime in on interior noise levels.

AA's system looks and sounds good. Plus I like the fact that they have a few other performance products for sale. It's not a bad price either, and it bolts up. Only downside is I don't think it sounds as good as the Eisanmann.

Vorsteiner is looking like the best bargain if you're a Ti freak. The price is awesome for Ti system, and it looks good. Again didn't impress me as much as Eisenmann in the sound department, but still a great buy none the less.

Meistershaft GT is looking and sounding awesome. However "Eisenhaus" has really damaged their reputation, and there have been quality issues in the past. So this seems like a risky buy. I'm also unsure of the price, but damn it sounds good.

If anyone has any first-hand experience with these exhausts please chime in, especially in the interior noise department.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #43
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpenWhite25 View Post
Can anyone confirm that it is a catless system? I had no idea, I thought it did have a cat. If it doesn't, screw it. Again, the biggest downfall to this system is the complete lack of information, such as whether it has cats, will it pass emissions (which is actually a big question that none of the systems answer) etc.

I thought it was a "cat-back system" implying it started after the cats. Also, its only noisy when you want it to be. In normal mode I assume its livable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irb Digital View Post
I may have worded it differently but great question. Some of the exhausts, just sound crappy to me. To think that some of these companies charge almost $3k for 2 stainless steel mufflers is insane. Sound is important to me as it captures the soul of a sports car. So i'm pretty particular about how it sounds, especially at $3k plus.

That Kreisseg sounded F'n awesome. Interior noise was at jackhammer levels though. So I couldn't do it, and that price would be steep in U.S. Dollars, so imagine my dismay when I noticed it was Euros! Hands down though, my favorite exhaust is the Amuse....by a landslide. Its got the best look and sound of any exhaust, i've ever seen. But since when is an exhaust worth the price of a brand new Ducati Superbike? Sh*t, I'd buy Scion xB before I dropped $15k on an exhaust.

I've singled it down to 4 systems now. Eisenmann race, AA, Vorsteiner, Meistershaft GT. All have pros/cons. I've excluded the Magnaflow from my list of 4 due to lack of information about the system. But I'm really interested in seeing what they decide to release, and it should be at a very competitive price point.

Eisenmann needs to release a no-cut version though. Especially at that price point. I'm not real bad about interior noise, but I don't want to have to speak over my muffler, or have my exhaust drowning out my bluetooth. Anyone with the Eisanmann race, feel free to chime in on interior noise levels.

AA's system looks and sounds good. Plus I like the fact that they have a few other performance products for sale. It's not a bad price either, and it bolts up. Only downside is I don't think it sounds as good as the Eisanmann.

Vorsteiner is looking like the best bargain if you're a Ti freak. The price is awesome for Ti system, and it looks good. Again didn't impress me as much as Eisenmann in the sound department, but still a great buy none the less.

Meistershaft GT is looking and sounding awesome. However "Eisenhaus" has really damaged their reputation, and there have been quality issues in the past. So this seems like a risky buy. I'm also unsure of the price, but damn it sounds good.

If anyone has any first-hand experience with these exhausts please chime in, especially in the interior noise department.
Irb, I can't agree with you more on everything you said. You and I see eye to eye on this exhaust issue

My question is, you seem to indicate you have heard the Kreisseg in person by your comment about it sounding like a jackhammer inside. Is that based on you hearing it in person or just the many videos they have on youtube? If in person, where, when and how can I get that same experience?

I found a distributor in NJ & NY, so I will be contacting them over the winter/early spring to see if I can get more information and then run it by the shop that will be doing the install to see what they think. What I hear from the dealer and what I hear from my installer will make my decision. But for as good as this exhaust sounds when in F1 mode, and the fact I can turn that mode on and off, and the fact that no other exhaust really captures that F1 sound buried deep in the S65's blood, I will take the hit to the wallet to get this system.

Cheers,
e46e92

Last edited by e46e92love; 10-15-2008 at 10:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2008, 10:51 PM   #44
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

my bad, i was just talking about the in car footage from the video. Which isn't an accurate assessment by any means. And I forgot that someone mentioned the switch to change the loudness. This is good, but good luck getting a reasonable price!!!
Appreciate 0