BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

02-18-2009, 05:13 PM   #1
codykerst
The New Guy!
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Space Grey on Black

Misfire/Hesitation...

I'm not sure if this is a repost... But I have an 08 M3 6spd that with a lot of miles on it and I'm curious if anyone here is having problems with there car hesitating and misfiring from around 1k up to about 4k rpm and if they are what to do to fix it... I've taken it to the local dealer and they say they can't find anything wrong with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 06:16 PM   #2
doc_scott
Registered
Rep
Drives: want an 2008 M3

? same problem

I just posted something about my car that sound similar that they cant figure out. When does your car do this. Mine is only from a dead stop accelerating...wont get out of first gear without bucking.

scott
doc_scott@yahoo.com
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2009, 10:43 PM   #3
DP8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

On occasion my car will buck slightly and seem to misfire a little at low RPMs in first and second when I first start the car and get rolling. Once the car is warmed up it doesn't seem to happen.

I chalked it up to the engine needing to warm up a bit. I am curious if anyone has brought this up to their dealer and gotten some sort of response?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #4
M3OwnerHtown
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coupe, Blk/Blk

Hey Guys, do you receive a "increased emission" notification when starting up the vehicle in the Idrive monitor? I had this happen twice and first time they couldn't figure it out and reset the computer said nothing was wrong. Then a week later it came back and took it in and they said it was a bad "wiring harness" which was replaced. Then in a months time got the "increased emission" notice again and took it in and found out it was a bad ignition coil on the #3 cylinder but it took a few days for them to figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
chibich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3OwnerHtown View Post
Hey Guys, do you receive a "increased emission" notification when starting up the vehicle in the Idrive monitor? I had this happen twice and first time they couldn't figure it out and reset the computer said nothing was wrong. Then a week later it came back and took it in and they said it was a bad "wiring harness" which was replaced. Then in a months time got the "increased emission" notice again and took it in and found out it was a bad ignition coil on the #3 cylinder but it took a few days for them to figure it out.
When this happened would the brake light come on in YELLOW (not red as if the parking break is actually engaged), the traction control light, and the car go into a limp mode with the rpm red line going up to 5000rpm? This is what has happened to me about 4-5 months ago when I first bought the car, then a couple times a few weeks ago. Brought it into the dealer and they found a misfire code and replaced the Idle control valve and hose. Had it back for a couple days and it did it again and has done it total of 3 times since I 've had it back. Actual check engine light doesn't come on, and when I restart it all the lights go off.
Appreciate 0