BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

06-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
0_to_60
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Should i replace any suspension bushing at 40k miles?

Its never been tracked im the second owner. I want to get the new feel. Do motor mounts go bad on these cars? Anything i should check? Ive inspected with a mechanic before and it all looks new no sign of wear but what should i change even though its not busted so i could get that firm feeling back.

Car is equipped with edc
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #2
0_to_60
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashman View Post
No, the M3 uses sealed delrin bushings for the control arms, not rubber bushings so they are most likely fine at 40K. You only change bushings when you need to and the way to test is to get the car on the lift with a pry bar check for excessive play and movement.

The motor mounts will also likely be fine. You can focus on the replacing the top strut mounts, dampers and tires. Better yet get camber plates but that will increase NVH at the expense of tighter handling
thanks for the reply, interesting info.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Space Gray DCT

Get solid subframe bushings. You will love the feel of the car. The rear is just so much "solid and planted". Very little added NVH...just added performance.

Check your diff bushings for wear as well and you can debate whether to go stiff er or not...there are trade offs with NVH but it will help save your axle and diff from potential damage.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
0_to_60
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniechin View Post
Get solid subframe bushings. You will love the feel of the car. The rear is just so much "solid and planted". Very little added NVH...just added performance.

Check your diff bushings for wear as well and you can debate whether to go stiff er or not...there are trade offs with NVH but it will help save your axle and diff from potential damage.
any vibrations with solid ones? clunking?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #5
vinniechin
Vinnie
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Space Gray DCT

I have the Delrin with aluminum subframe and they are quiet...just a slight vibration barely felt if you are super sensitive. Diff bushings IMHO can be heard but it does help save wear and tear.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #6
Dub A
Dub A
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 IB

?I'm planning on replacing my struts on my car and have 45k miles. I want to get that "new" feeling. Do you guys recommend this?

the car has been lowered on eibachs for about 20k miles and never been tracked.

Let me know your thoughts.
      06-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #7
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0_to_60 View Post
Its never been tracked im the second owner. I want to get the new feel. Do motor mounts go bad on these cars? Anything i should check? Ive inspected with a mechanic before and it all looks new no sign of wear but what should i change even though its not busted so i could get that firm feeling back.

Car is equipped with edc
Search for my name and the thread i started with my mods. My engine bushings were COMPLETELY sheared at 58k, I am the second owner of my car.

Needless to sat I replaced the engine, subframe and diff bushings. Soon I will also swap the OEM rubber to Solid Monoball front arm bushings.