BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #1
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
WHOA! I'm RICH (20.5 million usd)

look what I got in my inbox today
I immediately send him all my personal info so he can transfer me the money…..what a great fukin Sunday

Dear Friend,

I am the manager of Auditing and Accounting department of BANK OF
AFRICA
(B.O.A) here in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.In my department we
discovered an
abandoned sum of US$20.5m dollars (TWENTY MILION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND
US
DOLLARS) in an account that belongs to one of our foreign customer who
died
along with his entire family in Jully 2003 in a plane crash.For more
information about the crash you can visit this site
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa...ash/index.html)

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his
next of
kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it
unless
some body applies for it as next of kin or a relation to the deceased
as
indicated in our banking guidlings and laws but unfortunately we learnt
that
all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the
plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim. It is therefore upon
this
discovery that I now decided to make this business proposal to you and
release the money to you as the next of kin or relation to the deceased
for
safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it and we
don't want
this money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed bill.

The banking law and guidline here stipulates that if such money
remained
unclaimed after fours years, the money will be transfered into the bank
treasury as unclaimed fund. The request of foreigner as next of kin in
this
business is occassioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner
and
Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.I agree that 30%
of
this money will be for you as a respect to the provision of a foriegn
account , 10% will be set aside for expenses incurred during the
business
and 60% would be for me Thereafter, I will visit your country for
disbursement according to the percentage indicated Therefore, to enable
the
immediate transfer of this fund to you arranged,you must apply first to
the
bank as relation or next of kin of the deceased with a text of
application
form that i will send to you when i hear from you,so i will like you to
send
to me your private telephone and fax number for easy and effective
communication and location where in the money will be remitted.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by fax or email the text
of
the application . I will not fail to bring to your notice this
transaction
is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all
required arrangements have been made for the transfer. You should
contact me
immediately as soon as you receive this letter.Trusting to hear from
you
immediately.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr. ISSIAKA ZONGO.

Last edited by ska///235i; 06-11-2006 at 01:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #2
FeeBear
Fee
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 SO M4

Garage List
2018 BMW X2  [0.00]
Hey Ska, don't forget your brothers in Boston when you collect
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ska
I immediately send him all my personally info so he can transfer me the money…..what a great fukin Sunday
I hope you're joking about that part...
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
diesel007
Not Stock
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325I

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
that's a creative scam.

1/1/072/1/07
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 01:48 PM   #5
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

i get one those every day...............

if you want them......i'll forward them to you.

i got that exact one too...........
      06-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #6
EVO_S4
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 BMW  [8.24]
how mush are they asking you pay upfront
      06-11-2006, 02:10 PM   #7
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVO_S4
how mush are they asking you pay upfront
Probably not much...just a valid bank account and your social security number. I got scammed once by a fake Ebay email. Definitely not cool!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 02:44 PM   #8
MB330
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2018 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska
look what I got in my inbox today
I immediately send him all my personal info so he can transfer me the money
damn you, ska. You beat me by few hours.
      06-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #9
nabutes
career student
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

You'll probably get a kick out of this site...

http://www.419eater.com/
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 03:19 PM   #10
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

whenever i sell a car on autotrader i get a bilion of those. it's pathetic that people actually fall for them.

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 11:23 PM   #11
hotsand5
hotsand5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i 6spd

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I have also been getting those for years now. I wonder how many people actually fall for it though...I feel bad for them.

-2005 Yamaha Warrior 1700 102cu"
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #12
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
uhh in reality why would some random person transfer money to you... unless of course you have kin that live in or have lived in "Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso"... wherever that is.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 01:37 AM   #13
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

these scammers are annoying. they can even get to your cellphones and ask for your checking account and routing numbers. i just hang up on them now. i never used to cause its kinda rude but i started not to care anymore.
      06-12-2006, 01:51 AM   #14
timzerofive
there is no spoon
Rep
Drives: 330i manual

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Haha I should scan the fake cashier's check I got when I was trying to sell my last car. I went along with like 6 of them just for fun. One guy sent me a $25k cashier's check that's super fake, I kept it for a momento.

My friend did get jack 6 bills because of a fake ebay 2nd chance offer for a laptop. I TOLD him don't send it western union, but he wouldn't listen.
      06-12-2006, 08:43 AM   #15
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Ha, that reminds me...you've got to be careful even on the phone. I got a phone call on my cell phone once saying the call was from Cingular, and they said I had an outstanding account balance and they wanted my credit card number.

Well, it turned out the call really was from cingular, but even so, I wouldn't give it to him since I had no idea who the caller was at the time. You've really got to be careful!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 09:00 AM   #16
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
ha ha, at least it was semi-correctly put together grammatically. i love the ones that say

"Dir sir/madam, I has fortunee that is great of menoey in value 255,000,000,000,000 USD $. I am offerr you share money beucase my family be in wrong sitution. If you can kindly send my brothor in Indonesia ur kredit kard nomber and addreeess and name and ssn and your bank info, i will going make a sum of my money to you. I hope to make you busines soon hear back, Absuthafu Abasthafi."
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 11:16 AM   #17
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

i get those emails from time to time.

i remember when i was younger, in the days before email was popular, my dad showed me a nigerian scam letter his work received in the mail. it was typed out on off white paper and in all caps. funny stuff.

Annual Nigerian Email Conference
      06-12-2006, 11:49 AM   #18
beauderek
Client Advisor/Radio DJ
Rep
Drives: 2006 bmw 330xi/2019 bmw 230i

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
This is a reply from an autotrader add for a 2003 325xi. I'm so lucky I found it. I'm going to give her all of my personal info, and account numbers, and then I'll have two nice bimmers! I can't wait...

Hello there,
I know that you have many choices on Cars and I appreciate that you have contacted me.
My location is London, UK and the car is being shipped from here by FedEx(all shipping taxes are included in price). The car is an US model with US specs (mph) and I cannot register it here. So I am trying to sell it as low as I can to complete the sale fast. Although I am registered in the US, but I am permanently reside in London (where my family is from)..
The car is in perfect cosmetic and engine condition, and meticulously maintained. No damage, no hidden defects, never been into accidents or car race, and it is ready for run now. The car has clear title (in my hands) and it is free of encumbrances and liens. You will get from me the keys and all documents to register it in the state, and also bill of sale in your name and signed by me.You will have to pay the money for the car just when is delivered.The total cost of the car will be only $4,700 , with all taxes included .The payment must be done through a third party.They will hold the money until you will receive the car.After you will receive tha car you will have 10 days to inspect it.If you will accept it they will send me the money if not,you will have 3 days to shipp it back.All the taxes will be payed by them from my safe account,and the moment I will have the tracking number of the car you will get complete refund. I hope that you will understand my situation.If you agree with these terms, please reply me and I will be more than glad to provide you with further information how to purchase the car asap.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Thanks
f22 230i delivered 12/27/18/Seaside Blue/Oyster Sensatec/Manual/Heated front seats, Track & Handling package/CF mirrors and rear spoiler/M Sport front bumper/Shadowline trim/M Performance shift knob/1 Series (f21) M Sport steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 12:46 PM   #19
blke90man
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sport Line

I get those all the time as well. However, the other day I got one that seemed to be from Bank of America. Whoever made it up did a good job because they used all the Bank of America graphics and fonts in their email. It said that they were updating the online banking and they needed me to input my username and password to verify my online banking account and if I didn't that my online banking would be void in 3 days.

It was scary because it was actually a very convincing email and I could see some clueless person falling for it very easily. Fortunately, I looked at the URL in the window and it was some foreign address. I have a feeling this scam is going to get a lot of innocent people so be on the look out guys.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2006, 11:17 PM   #20
e90rocks
Myrmidon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Entwicklung 90 - 325 Xi

Garage List
2006 325 xi  [0.00]
Find the killers!

I got a similar e-mail several years ago. After mourning the death of someone in my family (who found their way from China to Africa, I guess), I was too distraught to seek the millions of dollars left unclaimed. What I should do is put together a "dream team" of investigators to find the true killers of my long lost kinsman. So far I have the following people in mind:

The Ramsey family
OJ Simpson
Claus Von Bulow
Hans Blix
Oliver Stone
Cyril Wecht
Allison DuBois

If anyone can find them, this team can.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 04:32 PM   #21
NaTuReB0Y