BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #23
lsal
We are all Longwong
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 CP LCI

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
lol I actually edited that right after I wrote it as it did sound too harsh!
LOL - Deleted original...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #24
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsal View Post
LOL - Deleted original...
cool thx!
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #25
daveburnett
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Frozen Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
lol I actually edited that right after I wrote it as it did sound too harsh!
Harsh? Or condescending and arrogant?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #26
1M_@teewhybs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [8.34]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebsteak View Post
I'll be the first to post some details about my ride.

Last five of the vin# 97850
purchased 01/2012 from Boris Said's BMW of Murrieta, CA
Mods: Akra evo w/ carbon tips, ESS tune, 20% tint all around
upgraded the shoes from 245/275 to 255/285 (looks and handles way better)
Got lucky and found it hanging around on AutoTrader
Current mileage approx. 15,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansW View Post
I am Canadian so mine would not be one of the 40 US cars but certainly 1 of the 100. I purchased it from a dealer on the Westcoast and it is currently on a truck being delivered to me. Very happy to be one of the club if you will have me. FYI there was a great article in the December 2012 edition of the British magazine BMW Car about M cars and a short blurb about the Frozen Silver Edition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEOF40 FS M3 View Post
12/2011

VISTA BMW SOUTH FLORIDA

M PERFORMANCE EXHAUST + BMC FILTERS

Current mileage 8,000 miles
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #27
Detroit M3
Major
Rep
Drives: Murdered E92 M3

this thread has massive potential
      02-27-2024, 03:33 PM   #28
Ruebsteak
Rep
Drives: 2012 Frozen Silver

Frozen Silver 40th Anniversary Edition Slump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroit M3 View Post
this thread has massive potential
I'm assuming that was sarcasm?, because I sure hoped this thread would have produced more than 5 of 100 in the world, I guess the other 35 current owners aren't real BMW enthusiasts (otherwise they'd be members of m3Post.com) and the 60 that were purchased outside of the US must be located in N. Korea.

How about some updates?

I'll start.

Still own it, drive it and keep it clean. With only 56,400 miles, it still looks great, almost new.

My most recent upgrade is a set of BAVSOUND mid/ high speakers including the under-seat subs, a MATCH UP 7BMW Amp, 1- 13" JL Audio TW5v2 Subwoofer driven by a HELIX M SIX. It sounds great and was fun to install. After 12 years of ownership, the sound system drowns out the rattles and has created a bunch of new ones, but I can't hear them any longer, so I don't care.

I currently drive it +/- 2,000 miles per year. Soon, I'll be replacing the suspension, either Ohlins R&T or the new Bilstein EDC set-up.

It also has the Akra exhaust, but I can no longer run the HFC, because I have to smog it each year. It's not worth the swap time because it takes 200 miles of wasted miles to re-set the CEL, but I won't sell it because I'm a hoarder.

I run the Michelin PS4, one over sized, 255/275, and they grip fantastic and look great as well.

Lastly, I ended up with a 2022 Toyota Supra CF Edition in Phantom Grey, 1/600 and what a difference! The Supra is so much fun to drive in the City, torque galore! With that said, next year I'll consider a ESS Tuning SC to increase the fun factor, because Torque = FUN

Bye!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      02-27-2024, 04:34 PM   #29
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
I'm assuming that was sarcasm?, because I sure hoped this thread would have produced more than 5 of 100 in the world, I guess the other 35 current owners aren't real BMW enthusiasts (otherwise they'd be members of m3Post.com) and the 60 that were purchased outside of the US must be located in N. Korea.

How about some updates?

I'll start.

Still own it, drive it and keep it clean. With only 56,400 miles, it still looks great, almost new.

My most recent upgrade is a set of BAVSOUND mid/ high speakers including the under-seat subs, a MATCH UP 7BMW Amp, 1- 13" JL Audio TW5v2 Subwoofer driven by a HELIX M SIX. It sounds great and was fun to install. After 12 years of ownership, the sound system drowns out the rattles and has created a bunch of new ones, but I can't hear them any longer, so I don't care.

I currently drive it +/- 2,000 miles per year. Soon, I'll be replacing the suspension, either Ohlins R&T or the new Bilstein EDC set-up.

It also has the Akra exhaust, but I can no longer run the HFC, because I have to smog it each year. It's not worth the swap time because it takes 200 miles of wasted miles to re-set the CEL, but I won't sell it because I'm a hoarder.

I run the Michelin PS4, one over sized, 255/275, and they grip fantastic and look great as well.

Lastly, I ended up with a 2022 Toyota Supra CF Edition in Phantom Grey, 1/600 and what a difference! The Supra is so much fun to drive in the City, torque galore! With that said, next year I'll consider a ESS Tuning SC to increase the fun factor, because Torque = FUN

Bye!
I'm curious about the speaker/amp upgrade myself. What did you start with? Hifi or individual audio?

Side note, I almost bought a frozen edition myself a few months ago but I couldn't justify such a large premium. Ended up getting a low mileage space gray instead and loving it
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2024, 06:53 PM   #30
Brandoch
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 M3 DCT

Garage List
Quote:

How about some updates?

I'll start.

Bye!
That person has not been on here for 10 years
Appreciate 0