BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

01-01-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Diagnostic Help Please

Those that have read the Humility thread know that I was rear ended last week. The rear bumper was replaced and the trunk was repaired. The body work looks excellent. Now my problem. There is an intermittent fuzzy noise that emanates from (apparently) the front driver's door speaker. I determined this with the fader and balance controls. This occurs with the radio, ipod, and even the gong that sounds when you start the car with the stereo off. It is intermittent and it could be at start up, or when driving and could just as easily stop at any time. I have the standard stereo. Now this started within an hour of picking up my car from the body shop. I also have the rear back up warning with sensors in the rear bumper. I am nearly positive that I did not have this problem prior to the accident, but I am baffled what the connection would be. Help with diagnosing, and advice as to whether I should return to the body shop, or service departments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2011, 04:52 PM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Make a couple of recordings/videos of the noise at different sources/times and take it back to your dealer/repair shop just in case it "cannot" be reproduced.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 03:59 AM   #3
c4pet0wn
DJ CURTIZ - Bringin' that fresh Electro House 2ya!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Interlagos Blue Coupe

Sounds like a pinched/shorted wire perhaps from the collision or the bumper install. Take it into your local dealership STAT mate, use that warranty
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
KIS
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Jaguar F Type R

Update: When the body shop was changing the rear bumper the M3 was left in the rain and it destroyed the amp. Now I will be replacing the amp in the trunk later this week.
Appreciate 0