BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

07-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #1
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

19" E92 M3 OEM rear wheel price

Man, I scrapped my 19" OEM rear wheel today on a curb. Anybody know how much a new wheel costs from the dealer?

Anyone know how much it should cost to get the rash resurfaced?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 07:58 AM   #2
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Man, I scrapped my 19" OEM rear wheel today on a curb. Anybody know how much a new wheel costs from the dealer?

Ouch, sorry to hear this brother.

BMW of Houston North quoted me 1,200 bucks a while back, for a brand new front OEM 19" wheel. I was going to get another front wheel to use as a full size spare tire for long trips. (with a 10mm spacer)

So that idea went out the window!

There is a place in Houston that you can go, and they do an excellent job on repairing OEM curb rashed wheels.

I can personally vouch for Wheels America on Sherwood Lane right off Hwy 290. You can either drop off the wheel, and go pick it up later.

Or...for a small fee, they will actually come to your house and repair the curb damaged wheel right in your driveway. (with one of their portable repair trucks)

(713) 686-1311‎

Ask to speak with Tommy. He's the manager over there. He'll make sure your OEM wheel is repaired, polished, and re-clear coated properly.
      07-12-2009, 08:48 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:

MSRP of $1065, United or Tisher BMW online price: $852.00
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #4
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

$852 is the price for ONE rear wheel! Sheeesh. I think repairing the old one is going to be the route.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #5
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

LeMans Blue M: Thanks for the contact. For the repair to be done in my drive way, I'm assuming that they need to have the tire off the wheel right? Or are they full-service and can take the wheel off the car, remove the tire, repair, mount tire back to wheel, and mount to car?! That would be pretty amazing if they could.

My problem is that my M3 is my sole vehicle. How long does a repair take? I'm thinking it's best if I just drop the car off, get a ride from a friend, and return to pick up the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #6
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I know that we have different size tires for front and rear. But are the wheel sizes also different for front and rear?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
LeMans Blue M: Thanks for the contact. For the repair to be done in my drive way, I'm assuming that they need to have the tire off the wheel right? Or are they full-service and can take the wheel off the car, remove the tire, repair, mount tire back to wheel, and mount to car?! That would be pretty amazing if they could.

My problem is that my M3 is my sole vehicle. How long does a repair take? I'm thinking it's best if I just drop the car off, get a ride from a friend, and return to pick up the car.
Quote:
I know that we have different size tires for front and rear. But are the wheel sizes also different for front and rear?
I haven't used the mobile truck service they provide. I just dropped off my wheels at the shop.

I have talked to a few people that have used the mobile service, and they told me you just have to remove the wheel from the car sometimes. I don't think revomal of the tire is even nessesary. I guess it all depends on how much damage there is to the wheel itself. Ask Tommy that question when you call him.

And yes, the front and rear wheels are different sizes.

The front wheels are 19x8.5, and the rear wheels are 19x9.5.
      07-12-2009, 06:42 PM   #8
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

I don't think a mobile wheel repair person will be able to replicate the polished finish of the OEM 19" wheel but I could be wrong. I have had painted wheels done by a mobile repair guy. He left the tire on the wheel to re-spray the wheel. This was a painted wheel which is easier to repair.
Appreciate 0