BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

02-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 E93

Delay of delivery...

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an order arrive on the west coast over a last week.

If so have they had their order delivery date to their dealer delayed. My order arrived on 9th Thurs Feb and my dealer informed me my order will arrive at the dealership by 14th Tue Feb, but i just found out the arrival to the dealership has been pushed back to the 24th of Feb. He says there has not been any damage to my order (which i worry about) ,he is assuming there has just been a backlog of orders to process at the VPC. I did learn that someone else has had their order delivered to their dealership last night(13th Mon) which was on the same ship as my order. Is that common to have orders from the same ship being processed at different speeds at the VPC.

I would love some feed back to calm me down abit, i'm on edge to finally receive my order , i have been waiting since 14th of Dec when my order went into production.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 03:14 PM   #2
Cybertronic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i, E30 M3

Usually this is because there is damage they need to repair at the VPC.
If the damage is over a certian $$ (I forget what the number is), they must inform you by law.
I would keep pressing the dealer to give you more info. Most all cars that are priority 1 (customer sold) are processed the same day at the VPC, unless there is damage. OR the VPC closed down for some reason.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hi Cybertronic,
i had asked him after it had docked that i wanted to know about any damage, he told me there wasn't any , so i'm curios why he gave me a delivery date initially for the
14th than just this morning it was changed to the 24th, kind of annoying. Can not work it out. I'll insist to see any damage report.I think there has to be more than 3% damage for them to release a damage report.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
jumpman044
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 MW M3

my m3 got to the port on 1/29, it was then released to the VPC on 2/1 and offloaded at my dealer 2/7...so looking at my calender it spent about 3 business days at the VPC if you eliminate travel time.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 06:05 PM   #5
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hay jumpman044,
that was fast ,my m3 got to port on 2/9 and it was going to be delivered to Vegas by the 2/14 , but now delayed until 2/24 , ( i wasn't given a reason) ,which has confused and frustrated me. Thanks for your reply.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 02:12 AM   #6
JOHN ///M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

i am waiting for mine. My car arrived the docs on fri and i am still waiting for it. Which ship was yours on.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 02:18 AM   #7
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hay 2K12 BMW M3, it was on Asian Vision which arrived on the west coast on 9th Thurs. Have you received a date when it will arrive at the dealer?.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #8
JOHN ///M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Yea, were on the same boat. My car is being prepped at the port. They said by end of this week, but who know.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #9
blublur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '12 (Indiv MCB) E92 M3 6MT

My ship, the Aphrodite Leader got in at 5am Monday the 13th. Talked to my CA yesterday and he told me they we expecting delivery on the 24th Feb. also. Why it should take so long to get from Cal. to Phoenix I don't get? So maybe there is a back up for some reason.
I had a production week 51 and it was for an individual color so the wait has been soo... long. Now the delay at the VPC. I know it will be worth the wait.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #10
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hay grayM did your CA have any reason why the wait. My CA told me it might be a back log . I did find out someone else on the same ship had his order delivered to his dealer on the 14th , which was on 5 days after ship docked. I would hate it if the delay is because damage to the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #11
blublur
Private First Class
Rep

Nope none. I am having accessories put on there though. Performance Exhaust, carbon spoiler, grills. But, I can't think that would take that much longer. The dealer is putting on the rest. Gills, mirror caps, checkered flag door sills, pedals. So, What's up, no mention of damage, gee I hope not.

Last edited by blublur; 02-15-2012 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
Silvertige
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by george v View Post
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have an order arrive on the west coast over a last week.

If so have they had their order delivery date to their dealer delayed. My order arrived on 9th Thurs Feb and my dealer informed me my order will arrive at the dealership by 14th Tue Feb, but i just found out the arrival to the dealership has been pushed back to the 24th of Feb. He says there has not been any damage to my order (which i worry about) ,he is assuming there has just been a backlog of orders to process at the VPC. I did learn that someone else has had their order delivered to their dealership last night(13th Mon) which was on the same ship as my order. Is that common to have orders from the same ship being processed at different speeds at the VPC.

I would love some feed back to calm me down abit, i'm on edge to finally receive my order , i have been waiting since 14th of Dec when my order went into production.
OP, I'd have to say that there definitely is some damage that's being fixed. Mine sat at the port in Bremerhaven for over a month. I ended up reordering another car lol and BMW NA really took care of me. I would assume that its something minor unlike my case. If you're stressed about it just make sure to get a good ppi done. I didn't want to bother with mine so I waited another 7-8 weeks. Good luck.
      02-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #13
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hay Silvertige,
Say it aint so.I know they would do great repair work at the VPC , but just knowing it has been repaired without me driving it yet feels like a used car. What was the story with your damaged order ?. Even though my CA told me that there isn't any damage , you still believe that's what is causing the delay ?.I will see what happens, i did tell him i wanted to see the damage report , if there was any . I have been waiting 8 weeks , but the most important thing to me was getting a brand new car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #14
Silvertige
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 e92 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW 535i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by george v View Post
Hay Silvertige,
Say it aint so.I know they would do great repair work at the VPC , but just knowing it has been repaired without me driving it yet feels like a used car. What was the story with your damaged order ?. Even though my CA told me that there isn't any damage , you still believe that's what is causing the delay ?.I will see what happens, i did tell him i wanted to see the damage report , if there was any . I have been waiting 8 weeks , but the most important thing to me was getting a brand new car.
Okay, I know exactly how you feel. The dealer was never able to give me the straight story. Supposedly a wheel was damaged and that was the cause for the delay. Yeah, right. A four week delay because of a damaged wheel on a Priority 1 car? It only takes them 4 days to make the whole car. That's funny.

The car wasn't even in the US so BMW didn't have to tell me or the dealer anything, although I bet the dealer knew the details.

I just explained that I believed that there was significant damage and that I'd have to do a very thorough PPI on a new 75k car just wasn't worth it to me.

Now in my opinion, there may be some damage on your car albeit minor. The reality is that your car is priority 1 and they want to get it to ASAP. So, if there's any delay of significance then, yes somethings going on. Is it worth making a big stink? Are you willing to order another. Basically are you that anal? I know my answer lol.

Or get a PPI done and be done with it...
      02-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #15
JOHN ///M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hey op, i just talked to my ca asst today and she told me the car should be ready by the 24th. Maybe something is backed up at the vpc.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 03:38 AM   #16
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the response guys. I don't mind the wait , but i do mind there being serious damage. Even though my CA has totally assured me of no damage, i will ask him for any damage report when my car finally arrives and i will go over it with a very thorough inspection. I just can not justify ordering a new car and knowing it has been damaged (within reason). One other small matter, how many miles do you think should be clocked for a new order , i'm guessing between 3 to 9 miles ( if dealer has filled the tank).
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
SergioPark
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 m3

Seems odd that there is such a delay and no damage. Keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 08:58 AM   #18
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Not sure who your CA is, but I think any decent CA would be able to tell you what's going on.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 12:39 PM   #19
blublur
Private First Class
Rep

My Ship docked 5am on the 13th and my car isn't being delivered to the dealer here in Phoenix until the 24th too, so hmm...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #20
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hay rayM , did your CA give you a reason.I know of some one who received their order on the 14th Feb , 5 days after the ship docked in CA.(It was not an M3 though, dont know if that makes a difference).
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #21
JOHN ///M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Hey george v, just to give you an update, i still didnt have received mine yet. They told me the same date as yours. The wait is killing me.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #22
george v
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hang in there 2K12 BMW M3 just a few days left, my concern is if any major repairs were done for this delay. I'll keep in touch with the outcome, hope the next few days go by quickly, enjoy your beautiful ride.
Appreciate 0