BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-25-2012, 07:36 PM   #23
oldmarco
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaproracin View Post
Is it me or didn't bmw DROP dinan....
Hence there own ///MPerformance parts

:
Dinan is still incorporated at alot of BMW dealers and they still offer to match the original BMW warranty on alot of their parts. Usually the Dinan products go above and beyond the ///M Performance products. Such as for the 135i/335i's M Performance tune's would only give you about 20-30hp increase while Dinan would do 50+. Also this X Pipe is a "racing" product which Dinan can release but I don't see BMW ever releasing something like this.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #24
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip@McKennaPerformance View Post
Dinan is still incorporated at alot of BMW dealers and they still offer to match the original BMW warranty on alot of their parts. Usually the Dinan products go above and beyond the ///M Performance products. Such as for the 135i/335i's M Performance tune's would only give you about 20-30hp increase while Dinan would do 50+. Also this X Pipe is a "racing" product which Dinan can release but I don't see BMW ever releasing something like this.
dinan matches for most of their products but some like their x pipe they have deemed as "racing" use so therefore they offer no warranty on it. so now it's even HARDER to justify spending so much on pipes when they don't even offer warranty.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #25
oldmarco
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
dinan matches for most of their products but some like their x pipe they have deemed as "racing" use so therefore they offer no warranty on it. so now it's even HARDER to justify spending so much on pipes when they don't even offer warranty.

Yeah all "racing" Dinan products don't have the original BMW warranty. There aren't to many "racing" only products though. Alot more regular products that keep the warranty.

The main benefit I've heard about this Dinan X Pipe is that it produces no drone at all according to Dinan. That's still a pretty big benefit to some since alot of the aftermarket stuff produces drone. I've had multiple PM's asking what I recommend for them to get rid of the drone they currently have with certain aftermarket options. My best recommendation is always the Dinan exhausts since they don't have any.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #26
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip@McKennaPerformance View Post
Yeah all "racing" Dinan products don't have the original BMW warranty. There aren't to many "racing" only products though. Alot more regular products that keep the warranty.

The main benefit I've heard about this Dinan X Pipe is that it produces no drone at all according to Dinan. That's still a pretty big benefit to some since alot of the aftermarket stuff produces drone. I've had multiple PM's asking what I recommend for them to get rid of the drone they currently have with certain aftermarket options. My best recommendation is always the Dinan exhausts since they don't have any.
the dinan xpipe is considered as one of the best in terms of power and no drone like you mentioned
Appreciate 0