BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)
View Poll Results: What are your opinions of these two brands
Very high quality, Sounds great, good price - I'm very interested 16 32.65%
A good competitor, I would consider them 12 24.49%
Impartial. Doesn't wow me, but nothing wrong with it. 9 18.37%
I think there are better choices out there, wouldn't recommend them 4 8.16%
I have a very negative view of these brands - stay away! (Please state below) 8 16.33%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

03-11-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Meisterschaft & Kreisseg - Opinions, Experiences, & Feedback Requested

Greetings
We are interested in gaining some insight into what our customer base feels about these two separate product lines. Please fill out the poll above, but also submit your experiences, stories, reviews, and any other comments you may have below as this is something we are interested to find out about. Please keep it mature and professional, of course.

At this time, we do not carry either line, but are considering carrying one or both if it's something that would make our customers happy.

If you're unfamiliar with these lines you can check out this website: www.GTHaus.com (Link, not an endorsement)

Thank you for your honest inputs!
JL

Last edited by SV Concepts; 03-11-2009 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

I don't own the product and it may be great product but the past events from the original rep. definitely have hurt the brand name
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 04:54 PM   #3
SS32
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
I don't own the product and it may be great product but the past events from the original rep. definitely have hurt the brand name
+1 I like what I've heard from the videos on youtube, but I can honestly say that if I'm spending $x,xxx, I'll look elsewhere. Don't hurt your image. The few transactions I've had with you were great and I think carrying their products could steer people away from a good sponsor.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #4
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

One cool thing is that they have dozens and dozens of exhausts of each type in stock, which is stellar for high-ticket items of this nature - ESPECIALLY considering there are multiple versions for each car. That's a big plus for us, and for our customers.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 05:42 PM   #5
Kadarin
Ambassador of Crunk
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG/blk '08 E92 M3

I wasn't a member of this (or any) BMW related forum during the time any controversy occurred with this vendor, so I can't and won't comment on that. I also can't speak to the quality of the product. The sound of the Meisterschaft exhaust on the M3 is very impressive, but I would never install that exhaust on my car regardless of price or quality because it's not a sound that I want to deal with on a day to day basis.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #6
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

they're both really good......and really expensive
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

No interest in Meisterschaft whatsoever.

_Very_ interested in Kreissieg but I 100% want to hear it in person before I would commit that much money to an exhaust.

As far as "exclusive importer" goes, Kreissieg is not exclusively imported by GT Haus. There is at least one other vendor on this forum that is authorized to sell Kreissieg exhausts.
      03-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
As far as "exclusive importer" goes, Kreissieg is not exclusively imported by GT Haus. There is at least one other vendor on this forum that is authorized to sell Kreissieg exhausts.
Thanks very much for the correction! I was unaware of that. See how much I am learning in here already?

Keep it up, guys, and I'll sit back and listen with some
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 06:46 PM   #9
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I think the other vendor is GTM? Not sure, I know they post on here.
      03-11-2009, 09:39 PM   #10
kittivan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

I was in the market for a great sounding exhaust and it came down to two different makes, the Meisterschaft GT1 and the Eisenmann Race. I always do an extensive research on purchases in that price range so I knew almost everything about both products. I am also lucky enough to live in Chicago where both GThaus and IND are located.

I have to admit, after reading everything I read about GThaus and Meisterschaft I was leaning more torwards the Eisenmann. IND had great customer service and always replied to my questions very quickly. They never once pressured me to buy their product, they gave me great price quotes plus free installation. When I asked them what seperates them from Meisterschaft, they never once said anything bad about the product, they just stated what differentiated themselves from most of the exhaust products out on the market. However, I favored the sound of the Meisterschaft more.

I have to admit, after reading all the negative comments about Meisterschaft I really needed some type of assurance from somone who actually owned the product who could tell me how well it has held up and how they liked it before I even considered to set foot into GThaus. I PM'd a few guys who had the Meisterschaft on their cars and they all had nothing but great things to say about their exhaust. This gave me the motivation to go further and check out GThaus in person.

I went over to GThaus to check out the exhaust in person. The guy at GThaus actually opened up an already packaged Meisterschaft GT1 and pulled it out for me. He pointed out the quality of the welding, material, tips, and even pulled out the SR connecting pipes which would make the system a complete bolt on system. The guys there seemed very down to earth and good guys in general. I saw nothing that resembled "shady" during my visit to GThaus.

GThaus quoted me a price that I felt was great so I decided to go with them. Again, the guys at GThaus never once pressured me to purchase their product and never once did they say anything bad about their competition. They just showed me their product and gave me a price for it.

The next week I brought my E93 in and they installed it. I actually watched them install it in person. They didn't have to cut the cross bar that is on the E93's in order to fit the SR pipes on which was one of my concerns. It truely was a genuine bolt on system.

My other concern was how loud it was going to sound and the amount of drone there would be in the car. I gotta tell you, the first time they started up my car with the Meisterschaft on, it gave me goosebumps. It sounded sexy as all hell! It was not too loud at all. When I took it around the block, there was little to no drone and any drone there was, was a great sounding drone. It was the perfect amount of tone for the car.

The guys over at GThaus was always very professional and seemed to take pride in what they did. They were very down to earth and even invited me to sit down and eat pizza with them. My experience with GThaus was a great one. I'm very satisfied with their product, their customer service, and their follow up (they have called me a number of times to see how I liked it).

They may have a bad reputation in the past but my experience with them has been great. I am not sure of the whole story of about what happend with the company or if what they did was unethical or not but I always believe that there are two sides to any story. I gave GThaus a chance to prove themselves to me and they passed with flying colors.

The botom line is, I am completely satisfied with the Meisterschaft and I would recomend it to anyone who is in the market for an exhaust. You selling these products would not hinder any business you would get from me. There are a handfull of mods I am going to be getting from you very soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #11
TunedM2C
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 LBB M2

^I'm going to piggyback on what you just said and agree. I currently have the Meis. GT catback on my 135i and I think it's a great sounding exhaust. I have people asking me all the time what kind of exhaust it is. I even had the SA's at the dealership raving over it recently. In the end I'm happy with it and it's the exact sound I was looking for.

My $0.02
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

I'm interested in both. I've forgiven GT Haus and love the way the Meisterschaft sounds, but I am interested in the Kreissieg even more so. I've spent a good deal of time in the past looping videos of Kreissieg Ferrari 360's on YouTube over and over and was curious if they did anything good with the e9x M3. Then after hearing this, how can I not be?

[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRkwM1NRchs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wRkwM1NRchs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
[u2b]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/alJPrx4DNYs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/alJPrx4DNYs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/u2b]
      03-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #13
drsnooz
Professor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 M5

I wasn't a member during the whole Eisenhaus/Eisenmann scandal so I cannot tell you weather they are a shady company or not. What I will say is that when it comes to exhaust you're not getting it for the major HP/TQ gains because in all honesty there are only minimal gains with an aftermarket muffler. It comes down to sound. When I was in the market for an aftermarket exhaust it came down to Eisenmann, Eisenhaus/GTHaus and Remus. Between the Eisenmann and Eisenhaus I gotta say that I liked the Meisterschaft exhaust sound the best. Although I was always hesitant to purchase it because of all the negative comments that were made with regards to the business practices of the company. In the end I ended up with the Remus exhaust as I don't feel that there is any justification to charge >$2K for a muffler that only changes the sound of your car. As long as the exhaust is made of quality materials and craftsmanship than I think we should give them a chance. I would not hesitate to purchase GTHaus products as long as they have proven to produce quality products that have been proven by the end user (you and I). I would not think any less of you guys for selling their products although if GTHaus products are found to be crap than you will be affected by that because of your association. So do your homework before you make the decision to sell their products.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #14
kittivan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

News, I think the Kreis sounds great as well but I love the deeper growl of the Meisterschaft

It's all subjective...

Sorry for all the edits, I can't figure out how to embed the actual video...

Last edited by kittivan; 03-12-2009 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #15
Meisterschaft
Private
Rep
Drives:

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #16
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
I like the idea of giving people second chances, but Eisenhaus/GTHaus hasn't exhibited the slightest bit of remorse since they were busted. Until this day, they post on various forums with the most egotistical and confrontative attitude I've ever seen. They deny everything they did. If I had done what they did, I would apologize, accept responsibility, and move on with life. It would show that I'm trying to be a decent person. They've done none of this.

JLevi, you can resell Kreissieg products in NA with no Eisenhaus association. Contact Kreissieg directly and become a reseller. They're a stand-up company and deserve success w/ their fantastic products. On the other hand: myself and many others would lose much respect for you if you started to deal with Eisenhaus. Like they say: "If you sleep with dogs, you're going to get fleas."
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #17
jackolo
Groin Grabbingly Trascendent
Canada
Rep
Drives: 17' M3 ZCP AY/SS 6MT

After all the bad press Mesiterschaft seems to get on here, I'd be hesitant to try their products. Kreissieg though I'd jump right on if price tag weren't an issue.
      03-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #18
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Both sound great to me... But really loud just not the style I want for this car.
      03-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Motors View Post
I like the idea of giving people second chances, but Eisenhaus/GTHaus hasn't exhibited the slightest bit of remorse since they were busted. Until this day, they post on various forums with the most egotistical and confrontative attitude I've ever seen. They deny everything they did. If I had done what they did, I would apologize, accept responsibility, and move on with life. It would show that I'm trying to be a decent person. They've done none of this.

JLevi, you can resell Kreissieg products in NA with no Eisenhaus association. Contact Kreissieg directly and become a reseller. They're a stand-up company and deserve success w/ their fantastic products. On the other hand: myself and many others would lose much respect for you if you started to deal with Eisenhaus. Like they say: "If you sleep with dogs, you're going to get fleas."
+1

It is unfair to lump Kreissieg into the Eisenhaus / GTHaus discussion. They are a separate company and it was imported by Eisenhaus / GTHaus in the US. If JLeviSW decides to become a Kreissieg exhaust dealer, they better deal with Kreissieg directly. They are solid products with a great track record .

As far as Eisenhaus / GTHaus "Meisterschaft" line goes, most people on here knows my feeling towards them. In fact, we had quite an exchange about a month ago. I'm also into giving people second chances in life, but they blew it badly.

I was astonished that they had the guts of pretending to be an innocent bystander (as member "Zanzabar") on M3 Post and shill for their own products. They also unapologetically defended their practice. When confronted, they went ballistic on me and accusing me of various different things. However, when properly called out by me, they decided to stop responding completely. I, for one, am glad that Remus exposed their identity. It also speaks volume on the ethics of this business, as well as the twisted minds of the people that run this company. If you decided to deal with them again, that's fine, because it's your business.

If you want more information, you can see the original thread here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=44

Last edited by Kev; 03-12-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:40 PM   #20
Meisterschaft
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse Motors View Post

Glad you have mentioned this in public. Here are some thoughts for you.

Folks, during the course of “cleaning up mess”,
Whoever was involved in the past cases, were individually contacted, one by one
and we had sincerely apologized about the incident and came to a satisfying conclusion
with every single people who were involved. We have taken such recovery action immediately
after this confrontation occurred which we were able to take care of all individuals within 3 months after the fact.

Now it is well over one year after such problem occurred, and during this time,
even with our sincere effort; diligently taking care of our customers, were diminished and covered up by negatives comments;
about our business ethics and unnecessary attacks without basis on Meisterschaft products.

We would like to state something very clear for you;
We have never tried to Wiesel out of the situation.
We have done cleaning up the mess and there is no one left behind in our book regards to this problem,
we have appropriately and sincerely apologized about the matter and we have fixed the problem with all whom
were involved to their satisfaction.

Members in this forum who had been involved in this incident, once again,
we would like to make another sincere apology about the problem we had before.
Also people who have read this issue and felt uncomfortable or disappointed about it,
we would like to ask you a broad understanding on this matter and accept our sincere apology.

We have so much more to speak out about this matter, but we will keep this simple ended here.
If you have any questions about this matter or our products, please feel free to contact us at anytime;
our phone and emails are open as usual.

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #21
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I think the other vendor is GTM? Not sure, I know they post on here.
That is correct, GTM is the a distributor of Kreisseg Exhaust.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #22
Meisterschaft
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
+1

It is unfair to lump Kreissieg into the Eisenhaus / GTHaus discussion. They are a separate company and it was imported by Eisenhaus / GTHaus in the US. If JLeviSW decides to become a Kreissieg exhaust dealer, they better deal with Kreissieg directly. They are solid products with a great track record .

As far as Eisenhaus / GTHaus "Meisterschaft" line goes, most people on here knows my feeling towards them. In fact, we had quite an exchange about a month ago. I'm also into giving people second chances in life, but they blew it badly.

I was astonished that they had the guts of pretending to be an innocent bystander (as member "Zanzabar") on M3 Post and shill for their own products. They also unapologetically defended their practice. When confronted, they went ballistic on me and accusing me of various different things. However, when properly called out by me, they decided to stop responding completely. I, for one, am glad that Remus exposed their identity. It also speaks volume on the ethics of this business, as well as the twisted minds of the people that run this company. If you decided to deal with them again, that's fine, because it's your business.

If you want more information, you can see the original thread here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=44
Sometimes, it doesn't matter what we do or try,
if you have negative thoughts on something, whatever we do, it looks all negative.
so, we won't even try to explain what had happened there and who the people are writing up posts.
but in a few weeks, you will know what really happened and there will be some photos for you.

Also, we are here now, we can answer questions for you if you are frustrated about this issue.
If you have a problem, 866.278.1896 is our toll free number.

what got you upset so badly, Kev? thing we do not understand;
why do you feel you got burnt by us and talking badly about us when you have purchased nothing from our shop?
Appreciate 0