BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

05-21-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Crazy a-hole...

So I go to lunch today and I'm backing out of my spot, Im in the middle of the lane and some a**hole starts backing up right into me. I lay on my horn and he stops about 6 inches from my car. The guy then decides to lay on his horn! I couldn't believe it! I leave and the guy happens to be going the same way as me. He is able to get in front of me at the light and when we are driving he has the audacity to start swerving to block me from getting passed him. I could not believe this f*!ker. To make a long story short he was driving a POS tauras station wagon, I easily dropped into 2nd and flew by him showing him in a unique way that I am number 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #2
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335coupe View Post
So I go to lunch today and I'm backing out of my spot, Im in the middle of the lane and some a**hole starts backing up right into me. I lay on my horn and he stops about 6 inches from my car. The guy then decides to lay on his horn! I couldn't believe it! I leave and the guy happens to be going the same way as me. He is able to get in front of me at the light and when we are driving he has the audacity to start swerving to block me from getting passed him. I could not believe this f*!ker. To make a long story short he was driving a POS tauras station wagon, I easily dropped into 2nd and flew by him showing him in a unique way that I am number 1.
wasn't this an episode of Seinfeld?

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Yeah you're #1 for sure...

Holy Crap, BMWexecutive is back, along with the sense of entitlement and privilege.

Still though, Let the little stuff go.
      05-21-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
Zaky56
Must Stop the Fuel Pump Epidemic!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Screw bastards like these man. . It happens to me all the time. I have come to the conclusion that people just get really sad when they see someone in the "ultimate driving machines". I just laugh, cuz no matter what they do I am going to eventually pass them weather they like it or not. Let them be sad and enjoy the awesomeness of BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:26 PM   #5
Blk07335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaky56 View Post
Screw bastards like these man. . It happens to me all the time. I have come to the conclusion that people just get really sad when they see someone in the "ultimate driving machines". I just laugh, cuz no matter what they do I am going to eventually pass them weather they like it or not. Let them be sad and enjoy the awesomeness of BMW.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #6
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post

Holy Crap, BMWexecutive is back, along with the sense of entitlement and privilege.

I did let it go, the whole number 1 deal was a comical way to say i flicked him off, not a characterization of myself. Still, a simple apology would have made a world of difference. I figured no harm no foul, but c'mon he was 100% in the wrong from the get-go, so why do you gotta be an a**hole on the road and endanger everyone else?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #7
Zaky56
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did let it go, the whole number 1 deal was a comical way to say i flicked him off, not a characterization of myself. Still, a simple apology would have made a world of difference. I figured no harm no foul, but c'mon he was 100% in the wrong from the get-go, so why do you gotta be an a**hole on the road and endanger everyone else?
I personally use the waving goodbye thing. I did the whole freak out thing but nothing makes them more mad then say bye bye as u punch it and they can catch up for the life of them. . HAHAHAHAHAHA
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #8
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaky56 View Post
I personally use the waving goodbye thing. I did the whole freak out thing but nothing makes them more mad then say bye bye as u punch it and they can catch up for the life of them. . HAHAHAHAHAHA
I actually did wave good bye when we finally parted ways. I almost got a tear in my eye to see him go........
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:36 PM   #9
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Would have been funny if he'd pulled out a .45 auto and sprayed your brains all over the passenger side window. But still, you'd have shown him!

Some things are not worth getting into with strangers. Especially these days.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
GregL
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 CLA45 AMG

Yeah it's bloody annoying when people do stuff like that, it seems to happen to me way too often and no matter what, they always think they're in the right. I've learned to let it go though, I could react as stupidly as them but when I put things into perspective, given the car I drive and what they're driving, I'm the one with a lot more to lose.

There was this one time I was just getting into my car at a supermarket parking lot, this woman parks next to me and her son whips open the passenger door which slams into mine. I got out and immediately confronted her and she acted as though it was my fault, and nothing happened. There was a police cruiser in the next aisle so I asked the officer to come over, he asked her to open the door and he saw that the dent lined up with her door, along with the associated loss of paint. Unfortunately given that it was a plaza, and as such private property, he couldn't do anything. So I gave her my name and number to negotiate compensation for the damage.

Later on that night her husband called and apologized for his wife's lack of courtesy, and offered to cover the damage. It was a nice twist but I don't know how the man can put up with her.

Oh then there was another time I was backed into by a BMW E46 that was parked in a handicap spot illegally, the driver immediately jumped out, whipped out his chequebook and asked how much it would cost to repair. So I went down the street to Nissan (I had a QX4 at the time), got an estimate and was promptly paid. I never did repair the damage though, it went towards a Stillen cat-back exhaust and a stick of touch-up paint
2006 BMW 330xi - Gone
2001 Infiniti QX4 - Gone
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:37 PM   #11
335Transformer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Forecast: Sunny

I'd say you already won when he got in the Taurus and you got in a BMW. So it was like twisting the knife when you passed him.

Second, I am #1 so you are #2.
      05-21-2007, 02:38 PM   #12
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's the absolute worst, when someone is 100% out of their freaking tree and they are honking at you. I agree...

But, a No bullshit word from the "wiser". I almost did real time in Tampa for a road rage incident involving exactly this kinda thing.

Dude was honking at me to move while I am waiting for a genuine little old lady to cross the street, she wasn't in front of my bike yet but she was coming... I'm being a gentleman, he's being a psycho little bitch in a Mini-van.

Well courts do NOT give a rats ass about your intentions or how freaking out of line the other dipwad is or how much he needed his side mirror deleted and his driver side window removed. The "Old West" is dead unfortunately, and there is no more room for corrective measures to be taken. Little bitches are allowed to act like little bitches because the law is there to protect them.

Cost me about $13k a lot of drama, and some serious weed picking.

So I've learned to breath deep, smile and wave! Especially in the BMW. Nothing irritates a spun up looser like the "prick" in the "BMW" smiling and enjoying life.

Get even by living well, and try to be a gentleman. It's damn hard...

Other Option, get license plates and simply eliminate them at more convenient time.
      05-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #13
Zaky56
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Would have been funny if he'd pulled out a .45 auto and sprayed your brains all over the passenger side window. But still, you'd have shown him!

ohh yea i have ran into some crazy mofo's definitely not worth the risk. . Like i said before there just sad. . so let them cry.

Some people just get way too excited when they see the sexiest cars on the road. .
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #14
Revlis
United_States
Rep

Oh and I completely missed your #1 reference first time through...
      05-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #15
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Someone in my family has actually had this happen to her(minus the brain part), so I am well aware of it, thanks for your concern though. All I did was flick him off while driving by, very very little, and only after he became an extreme a** hole.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #16
Zaky56
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's the absolute worst, when someone is 100% out of their freaking tree and they are honking at you. I agree...

But, a No bullshit word from the "wiser". I almost did real time in Tampa for a road rage incident involving exactly this kinda thing.

Dude was honking at me to move while I am waiting for a genuine little old lady to cross the street, she wasn't in front of my bike yet but she was coming... I'm being a gentleman, he's being a psycho little bitch in a Mini-van.

Well courts do NOT give a rats ass about your intentions or how freaking out of line the other dipwad is or how much he needed his side mirror removed and his driver side window removed. The "Old West" is dead unfortunately, and there is no more room for corrective measures to be taken. Little bitches are allowed to act like little bitches because the law is there to protect them.

Cost me about $13k a lot of drama, and some serious weed picking.

So I've learned to breath deep, smile and wave! Especially in the BMW. Nothing irritates a spun up looser like the "prick" in the "BMW" smiling and enjoying life.

Get even by living well, and try to be a gentleman. It's damn hard...

Other Option, get license plates and simply eliminate them at more convenient time.
Amen
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:41 PM   #17
335Transformer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Forecast: Sunny

Quote:

Hey, you got a .45? I got a Sig P220 in a .45 - great gun.

Oops, sorry I thought this was the NRA forum.
      05-21-2007, 02:49 PM   #18
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
You should've smiled and blown him a kiss....that really sets people off!
      05-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #19
chbrules
MSVConrad++
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2006 325i | E92 2007 335i

There are plenty of drivers that just plain suck and you wonder how the DMV issued them a license to kill.. I mean drive. I live in LA, so you can imagine what you get, I get 10x worse.

btw, I'm #0, top that.

P.S. I find the best thing to do is just wave at the person and continue on smiling in your BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 02:53 PM   #20
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:

+1 seems like childish stuff back and forth. best way to get your car keyed too if that happens to be your work parking lot...
      05-21-2007, 03:07 PM   #21
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I'm actually #1 better than you are, beat that chbrules!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #22
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Better hope that hes not parking in your lot all the time and holds a grudge. He knows what you drive now. Then again, so do you.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0