BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

10-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Navigation 2011 DVD, is this the right one?

I need to order a US DVD for my Nav system. Can anyone verify for certain that this one below from www.getBMWparts.com is the correct one for a 2008 E92 M3 with the indash navigation? Just want to make sure I order the right one. They told me I needed the "2011 DVD MOST bus"

Also what is the the CIC High Navigation it's refering to below?

Copied from link below for details.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...egoryID=157629

PKNAVUPDATE* OEM BMW Navigation Map Updates (2011 TeleAtlas maps now available!)

Compatibility: All BMW vehicles equipped with factory installed navigation SA 609. **Vehicle's with CIC High Navigation with embedded Hard Disc Drive map media need to visit your local BMW dealership to download the enabling code and mapping.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
FredVMI
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 Competition

The item that you referenced is correct for your M3.

MY08 M3's utilize a DVD based navigation system. MY09 and newer M3's utilize a hard disk based navigation system. So, to update an '08, you simply buy a new DVD. Updating '09's and newer requires a trip to the dealer. Both methods have their pros and cons.

A few more thoughts. Used (and occasionally, new) BMW navigation DVD's are readily available on eBay. You just need to ensure that what you're buying is an original OEM DVD, not some copy that was burned by the seller. Look for the hologram around the center opening. Also, navigation updates are primarily focused upon merchant updates (restaurants, hotels, gas stations, etc) rather than upon updates to actual roads. If you don't travel very much or live in an area that is confusing to navigate, the expense to update your system may not be necessary.

I hope this info helps!

Past: E30 M3 /// E28 M5 /// E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2010, 09:03 PM   #3
///M Rakete
Rocket Scientist
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Also what is the the CIC High Navigation it's refering to below?
"CIC" is the new since 2009 iDrive system. Yours is "CCC".